IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - Ore Shipments

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 13, 2018 4:56 am

swrider wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:06 am
Helios, looks at the other pilots giving them a smile and nod before seeing the transports.
"These remind me of the skiffs we had back home. They are so beautiful. I've been asked to lend you two a hand today. My name is Helios, but my friends call me Hell. If you don't mind I'll take this beaten up one over here. She looks like she is a thought old girl and I like that in a woman. As he speaks he makes a petting motion as if their there was a large animal seated to his side. The gesture is subtle and may just be taken as a quirk.
The Weequay woman straightens and looks quizzically at Helios while the human man lets out a "Hrumphf..... Another one of those!" as if he's seen Helios's kind of style before. "I wasn't aware we were getting any new help? I'm Max Radoff and this is my astromech and copilot, R5-T4. This (the Weequay) is 'Skaggs'."
On the wall are directional flight pattern illustrations regarding the ore runs. The standard, current run takes the ore shipments around a section of an asteroid field, increasing the travel time by a factor of '2'. Running through the light asteroid field is more dangerous, but doubles the number of trips a transport can make.
Spoiler:
Two ships running the long route gets the job done.
Three ships running the long route is +50% ore yield.

Two ships running the short route is +200% ore increase.
Three ships running the short route is +400% ore yield.

Long Route: Easy Diff (1 Purple + SB's for Handling)
Short Route: CD (Red-Purple + SB's for Handling)

Max Radoff has a Copilot droid, Skaggs does not. Helios could be the copilot (or convince Skaggs to be the copilot). Two ships running the short course is still doubling ore shipments today.

Hell likes to play it dangerous. An idea of Hell "leading" the ships through the light asteroid field would be able to pass boosts to those following him. Suffice it to say, your chosen junker will have some handling difficulty on an already poor handling ship.
"Today is shipment day. It's a big day for the bosses. We run TWO shipments today. One now and one at the end of the day. Then we wait until the next shipment time in a week, or so."

"Take that ship if you want to, but it fishtails like a pike shark with its rear vibro-stabilizer out of whack. If you lose the load then you'll be out of a job. Why don't you just copilot with Skaggs, here? Play it safe?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 am

Oona approaches Vesper and Thino after the briefing. "Vesper, you mentioned the we should meet with Kamar? We should get the lay of the land from him. I know that you're harbouring suspicions about Mazlum's integrity but let's get both sides of this story before we act."

Oona heads to the bunks and grabs her gear. She takes the pistol but leaves all other weaponry somewhere discrete on board. Tye seemed pretty brazen about carrying his firearm, it seems like there's no restrictions here.

With that, she sets off, hopefully with Vesper and Thino, to locate Kamar.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Thino waits until Oona has left and then turns to Vesper, "Doc be straight with me, what is it about this situation that makes you feel there might be something fishy going on?"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon May 14, 2018 12:43 am

"Well Max it is nice to meet you and well... You arn't getting any new help. My boss asked me to help pilot in some ore to gain favor with the big man here in town. I was so excited to get out and fly I couldn't resist but sign up. Now do you have any maps of the routes we are supposed to run.
Hell looks over the maps provided carefully.

I see you normally travel around the asteroid belt, but according to these charts the gravitational shift within the field should create a predictable pattern of asteroid shift. I am not going to say it is not dangerous, but it is defiantly manageable. I could lead the way through the field, and would be happy to take the third skiff. Skaggs doesn't look like she needs a co-pilot and anyone who has been handling these boats for a while has obviously proven themselves a capable pilot. I'll go first so if you feel it is to dangerous you can always take the longer route, but if we bring in more product you might be able to get some actuall down time for yourselves.

Spoiler:
It seemed appropriate to have only one roll since it was the same conversation. Since Skags is easier to convince it would be a net 2 success 0 advantages for her and the 2 successes 1 threat for Max. Let me know if you would prefer a second roll.

Hell; Uprising; Charm:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Vesper, Thino, and Oona brainstorm about Ugnaughts.
Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:21 am
The group's combined knowledge about Ugnaughts:
  • Ugnaughts, from Gentes in the Anoat Sector
  • Porcine (pig-like), tusks for possible weapons, divided into tribal hierarchy, wore red to increase productivity, ate gente slugs
  • Republic species databanks express Ugnaughts as porcine-bipeds. Relevant descriptors are small, tusks, and unfriendly."
  • Popularly inhabit areas in and around Bespin
  • Ugnaughts were industrious and loyal workers with a rich oral tradition. They were quite hardy, able to withstand long periods of discomfort, and lived around two hundred years.
  • Ugnaughts lived in accordance with their "blood profession," with Ugnaught parents teaching their children their trade.
As Oona heads for the main hatch, Vesper straps on her holster and answers Thino's question. "What's my take on Mazlum? It's just a hunch at this point. All the talk about an Imperial raid made me think there might have been civilian casualties. But when I asked Mazlum about it, he seemed more interested in us whipping his workforce into shape than anything else." The doctor pauses a moment to check the charge on her shock gloves. "So I don't think he's lying so much as taking advantage of us. But that said, play our cards right, and it might be a win-win for everyone. We help out a bit, get on his good side, maybe win an ally on an out-of-the-way station right under the Empire's nose."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:15 am

swrider wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:43 am
Hell looks over the maps provided carefully.
I see you normally travel around the asteroid belt, but according to these charts the gravitational shift within the field should create a predictable pattern of asteroid shift. I am not going to say it is not dangerous, but it is defiantly manageable. I could lead the way through the field, and would be happy to take the third skiff. Skaggs doesn't look like she needs a co-pilot and anyone who has been handling these boats for a while has obviously proven themselves a capable pilot. I'll go first so if you feel it is to dangerous you can always take the longer route, but if we bring in more product you might be able to get some actuall down time for yourselves.
Spoiler:
Hell; Uprising; Charm: 2 Successes, 1 Threat
The normally terse human, Radoff, cracks a grin when you mention bringing in more product."You speak a good game, new guy. Let's hope you aren't all talk! If we lose our loads on this trip, we're going to take it out of your hide!" he says with a grin and a smile. He has the gruff look of a man who does not smile a lot.

"It is agreed to." says the stoic Weequay known as Skaggs. You think she's agreed to trying the new route, but it may also agree to the potential beating, as well. :twisted:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:50 am

Radoff was right, this junker swerves a bit, but Helios feels as though he can handle it. The others fall in-line outside the station. "Ready when you are. --- Affirmative." responds Radoff & Skaggs.Helios can make his first Piloting-Space check. Even though he knew the junkers to be slow, these are super-slow!!! Traveling at Speed 1 to minimize collision probability. Moving up to Speed 2 would increase the danger. Helios finds it aggravating to travel at such a slow rate. To this point, the other pilots seem competent.
Spoiler:
There will be just three total rolls even though you are going through and back each trip, technically 6 times through. It'd just be too much for PBP. Only make ONE roll now. The others may change their mind if it does not go well. Speed 2 would make it Red-Red. BTW, no real time benefit to Speed 2.
Difficulty: CD+SS vs YYGG+BB (?)
Skilled Jockey should remove one Setback die for you from that.

From Hell's Astrogation check, he'll get a +1 Boost on ALL checks (1 Success) and just a second +1 Boost the first time through for the Astrogation Advantage.
Helios; Uprising; Astrogation:
1 Success, 1 Advantage
DP's. (7 LS, 2 DS)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 am
Oona approaches Vesper and Thino after the briefing.........
With that, she sets off, hopefully with Vesper and Thino, to locate Kamar.
Kamar is in the hangar, as usual, tinkering with some machinery or labor droids.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:50 am
"Ready when you are. --- Affirmative."
Just follow me. Hell says as he maneuvers through the field.

Spoiler:
1 DP flip used. Also since we have so many I would like to flip a DP for the NPC pilot check which ever pilot has the weaker pool.

Helios; Uprising; Pilot w dp flip:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:50 pm
Vesper, Thino, and Oona brainstorm about Ugnaughts.
Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:21 am
The group's combined knowledge about Ugnaughts:
  • Ugnaughts, from Gentes in the Anoat Sector
  • Porcine (pig-like), tusks for possible weapons, divided into tribal hierarchy, wore red to increase productivity, ate gente slugs
  • Republic species databanks express Ugnaughts as porcine-bipeds. Relevant descriptors are small, tusks, and unfriendly."
  • Popularly inhabit areas in and around Bespin
  • Ugnaughts were industrious and loyal workers with a rich oral tradition. They were quite hardy, able to withstand long periods of discomfort, and lived around two hundred years.
  • Ugnaughts lived in accordance with their "blood profession," with Ugnaught parents teaching their children their trade.
As Oona heads for the main hatch, Vesper straps on her holster and answers Thino's question. "What's my take on Mazlum? It's just a hunch at this point. All the talk about an Imperial raid made me think there might have been civilian casualties. But when I asked Mazlum about it, he seemed more interested in us whipping his workforce into shape than anything else." The doctor pauses a moment to check the charge on her shock gloves. "So I don't think he's lying so much as taking advantage of us. But that said, play our cards right, and it might be a win-win for everyone. We help out a bit, get on his good side, maybe win an ally on an out-of-the-way station right under the Empire's nose."
Thino nods knowingly to Vesper, "I wouldn't be surprised if there were casualties, and he just didn't care about it. That's the way of places like this a lot of the time, especially considering the workers are Ugnaughts. Fiercely loyal to their employers and also not usually found to speak basic, it leads to them being abused quite regularly since people know they can get away with it. Let's see what we can find out when we talk to them."

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm
Thino nods knowingly to Vesper, "I wouldn't be surprised if there were casualties, and he just didn't care about it. That's the way of places like this a lot of the time, especially considering the workers are Ugnaughts. Fiercely loyal to their employers and also not usually found to speak basic, it leads to them being abused quite regularly since people know they can get away with it. Let's see what we can find out when we talk to them."
Vesper pats her medical bag. "Well, if there's sign of injury or abuse—physical abuse, at least—I intend to find out. Hopefully, you and Oona can get to the bottom of any economic misdeeds." With that, the doctor follows Oona down the gangplank.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 am

Thino watches vesper as she walks away and pats his carbine while she's not looking, "And I do intend to find out Doctor."

Before she s totally out of sight Thino follows after her to meet up with Oona.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am

Oona, Vesper, and Thino find the Duros mechanic in the hangar bay, working, as usual.
Spoiler:
Henso, Kamar.jpg
Henso, Kamar.jpg (113.09 KiB) Viewed 3670 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

swrider wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm
Just follow me. Hell says as he maneuvers through the field.
1 DP flip used. Also since we have so many I would like to flip a DP for the NPC pilot check which ever pilot has the weaker pool.
Helios; Uprising; Pilot w dp flip:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage
The second ship (piloted by Radoff and his astromech) makes it through, but the third ship (piloted by the Weequay) lags behind. Right now, that is not a serious delay. A total of 3 failed rolls will cause a poor result in time delay for the final account of what was hauled in (perhaps being that one ship did not make a pickup). Helios can make the 1st roll of the second run. (gaining one boost from the Astro check, one passed from Skaggs)
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; R4 plot the course:
4 Successes, 1 Threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
Removes Setback Die from Radoff's roll
(their ship's have -1 Handling)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Skagg's check (upgrade + 2 boosts):
0 Success, 3 Advantages
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pass Boost to Next (Hell) and one to the one in front of her (Radoff).

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu May 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Oona approaches Kamar with Vesper and Thino. She adopts her confident spacer smile and glances around, looking to see who else is about. Are any Ugnaught workers nearby?

"Kamar! Good morning. This is Vesper, have you met? She spoke with Mazlum last night and he asked us to talk to you. Seems we might be of some use."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 17, 2018 4:19 pm

"Nice to meet you, Kamar," Vesper says with a smile and a nod. "Yeah, it sounds like the Empire did a number on this place. We're happy to pitch in to get you back on your feet if it'll help."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Thino nods with his arms folded in a defensive stance, “Hello kamar, is that the same cigarra from before or did you manage to find another one?”

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 pm

The mechanic looks up from his work and stares at the group momentarily. His eyes dart from side to side as if looking for someone, then he replies. "You don't look like the helping type, and, yes, LAST ONE!" he says as he points at his cigarra. He turns slightly to Oona & Vesper. "Some of those lil' fellers are around somewhere. They live down in deck two."

"The troopers did a job on this place. I guess they thought there was contraband in EVERY container and EVERY storage unit! They didn't find NUTHIN'."
he says angrily. "If you're going to make yourself of use, you can begin by gathering up these loose parts and getting them back into the proper bins.
Spoiler:
Thino, Oona, and Vesper can make a combined Charm Check. Kamar, as you've come to know his name through his brother, is quite gruff, surly, and even mean, but he's not entirely unreachable.

Looks like Base Dice are YGG (if Oona rolls)
+2 Boosts from unskilled assist by Vesper & Thino
+1 Boost b/c he does want the help
+2 Setback Dice from Thino's remark and past exchange with Kamar, plus Kamar's naturally surly dispostion
x1 Upgrade from reference from Mazlum.
Difficulty CD (spent GM DS Destiny Point to upgrade)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am

Oona walks over to a nearby pile of detrietus but address the Duros as she does, "Kamar, we're no friends of the Empire here. You don't need to tell us how unjust they can be. All this mess and for what? That's typical - they leave a trail of destruction where ever they go." She picks up some of the parts and moves over to the bins, examining labels as she continues, "I don't mind helping you clear up here, after all we're all friends under the yoke of an overzealous Imperial interest. But Mazlum sent us to you to help with your workforce. I think you know that." Finding the corresponding bins, she replaces the parts where they belong and returns for more.

"He said you were having an issue with motivation. He said you need to light a fire under the Ugnaught community here." More parts deposited in the correct bins. She turns to face Kamar, leaning on the shelving, "Does someone speak for the work force? Do you know why they are under performing? Let us really do something to help you."

Spoiler:
Flipping a DP for this check too.

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Charm check | Kamar:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Perhaps the despair could be an Ungnaught observer we didn't spot?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 19, 2018 7:47 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am
Oona walks over to a nearby pile of detritus but address the Duros as she does, "Kamar, we're no friends of the Empire here. You don't need to tell us how unjust they can be. All this mess and for what? That's typical - they leave a trail of destruction wherever they go." ...... "I don't mind helping you clear up here, after all we're all friends under the yoke of an overzealous Imperial interest. But Mazlum sent us to you to help with your workforce. I think you know that."
"But what are you going to do? RISE UP??? Sure, MAYBE the Syndicate can fight them for a while. MAYBE if all the factions in Anoat joined up, then maybe they'd be able to do something."
SanguineAngel wrote:
"He said you were having an issue with motivation. He said you need to light a fire under the Ugnaught community here." More parts deposited in the correct bins. She turns to face Kamar, leaning on the shelving, "Does someone speak for the work force? Do you know why they are under performing? Let us really do something to help you."
"My brother Mazlum always wants more-for-less. That's what makes him so shrewd! He always makes good deals for the station. he says with a wink and a grin. The Ugnaughts work for what's fair....for them. They do....an alright job of things. Maybe they can do better. They don't seem very organized. I can take you to their residence." he says with a grin (which is how he usually finishes his sentences.)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am
The second ship (piloted by Radoff and his astromech) makes it through, but the third ship (piloted by the Weequay) lags behind. Right now, that is not a serious delay. A total of 3 failed rolls will cause a poor result in time delay for the final account of what was hauled in (perhaps being that one ship did not make a pickup). Helios can make the 1st roll of the second run. (gaining one boost from the Astro check, one passed from Skaggs)
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; R4 plot the course:
4 Successes, 1 Threat
Removes Setback Die from Radoff's roll
(their ship's have -1 Handling)
"Thats ok Skags, the asteroids move around a bit more than expected. We will need to adjust. Folow me, but leave some room for adjustmets as you see fit.
Spoiler:
For the Triumph can I downgrade the difficulty for Skags.

Helios; Uprising; Piloting Check:
6 Successes, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 20, 2018 1:29 am

Radoff lags behind despite your brilliant piloting. However, it is not as bad as it could have been. Just delayed. Skaggs is able to make it through in time...barely...thanks to Radoff & Hell clearing the way (albeit, slowly).

Third and final journey coming up. All Successes = Full Success no mission. No lost loads at this point.
Waiting on next Helios piloting check. ;)
Spoiler:
For Successes:
 Gain insights into situation.
 Deduce way to modify vehicle to make it more effective in future.
You discovered the reason for the instability on this freighter. Remove a Setback die for piloting it.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Radoff & R2:
3 Successes, 2 Threats
Removes Setback die for Radoff
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Radfoff's piloting check:
0 Success, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Radoff lags behind, makes no progress this turn.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 am

Thino’s eyes narrowed at Kamar, fair for them eh, don’t like the sound of that he thought to himself.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun May 20, 2018 8:27 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:47 pm
SanguineAngel wrote:
Oona walks over to a nearby pile of detritus but address the Duros as she does, "Kamar, we're no friends of the Empire here. You don't need to tell us how unjust they can be. All this mess and for what? That's typical - they leave a trail of destruction wherever they go." ...... "I don't mind helping you clear up here, after all we're all friends under the yoke of an overzealous Imperial interest. But Mazlum sent us to you to help with your workforce. I think you know that."
"But what are you going to do? RISE UP??? Sure, MAYBE the Syndicate can fight them for a while. MAYBE if all the factions in Anoat joined up, then maybe they'd be able to do something."
SanguineAngel wrote:
"My brother Mazlum always wants more-for-less. That's what makes him so shrewd! He always makes good deals for the station. he says with a wink and a grin. The Ugnaughts work for what's fair....for them. They do....an alright job of things. Maybe they can do better. They don't seem very organized. I can take you to their residence." he says with a grin (which is how he usually finishes his sentences.)
"Well, lead on, Kamar. Let's see if we can do anything to improve your lot"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Kamar leads the group down to a narrow corridor off of the main level. At the end of that is a narrow, spiraling, steel staircase going downward to the second level. It isn't far to where you see some Ugnaughts milling about what would qualify as a 'living quarters'. To you, it is little more than a shanty town, by human standards. Makeshift little domiciles appropriate for their size, often made of scrap materials they've acquired. A few of them stir to look at the oncoming visitors. Kamar stops and extends and arm motion from the group to the Ugnaughts as if to say, "Here you go."

Return to “The Story”