IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Looking around the room, Cpt. Kettel takes a head count. "Vesper? You're with me." he says as she gives a hand-raise. "Helios? Checking out this station."

"What say the rest of you?"

"Oona? With Helios? Ronin with us to see Mazlum? Lanna?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:24 pm

"Sir, I'll join Hell. There's bound to be news of the transport somewhere - the Empire actively searching for a damaged rebel transport? That's got to be the biggest news in the sector right now."

"Regarding Pitts. For what it's worth, I think he's an asset we can't afford give up. Rebel Command will know what to do with him and with the Empire scouring the sector, its just too likely he'll be picked up wherever we drop him. And he's absolutely going to tell them about us."

"Having said all that. If they're going to carry out repairs on the ship - how do we keep his presence here under wraps?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 am

"sounds good. We should get our story straight before we leave. Everyone knows the ships cover right? Also what is everyone position on board this ship? We need to be consistent."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:59 am

Vesper gives Kettel a thumbs up. "Yes, I think I'd like to go meet this Mazlum. I think Ronin might be able to get him to take some of our cargo, or at least point us to a merchant who will." She nods toward the prisoner. "As for the prisoner, I don't think it's ethical for us to just maroon him somewhere. For better or for worse, he's our responsibility now. I agree with Oona; we need to get him to Rebel command." To Hell, she adds, "As for my own role on the ship, I've already told the folks here I'm the medical officer. Sure, it's not a role you find on every ship, but it's one that's not too conspicuous as to draw any scrutiny, I think."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm

"So, Ronin, Vesper and myself (Kettel) going to deal with this MAZLUM character and Helios, Thino, & Oona will see what they can dig up around the station."

swrider wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 am
"sounds good. We should get our story straight before we leave. Everyone knows the ships cover right? Also what is everyone position on board this ship? We need to be consistent."
"Quite! Other than Vesper being the ship doctor, I'll (Kettel) remain the Captain, naturally. I'll likely be able to field questions about our cover better than anyone else. Thino,
copilot. Ronin, first-mate...crew captain. Oona and Lanna...deckhands. How does that sound?"

"Then there's the matter of Lieutenant Pitts. Let Lanna watch him or cuff him up to the ship (hands and feet) and leave him for the time being?"

swrider wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm
Spoiler:
"Before we start negotiating lets figure out how much fuel we need to purchase here and what repairs need to be done. We cant reach that imperial fuel depot at current levels, but it probably wont take a full tank to get there and then to a safe location if things go bad. With a little extra for unexpected occurrences. Same thing with the repairs. I doubt we will be attacking from the air so we really just need enough repairs to make us appear more acceptable. I can make the calculations, but would prefer someone assist or double check my work. We don't want to be short."

The ship is at 17/24 HT. What constitutes "more acceptable" would probably be getting it to 7, or below. Below 50%, for sure. HT repairs can take a few days. Depends on some Mechanics checks (we could assist one).

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue May 01, 2018 1:28 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm
"So, Ronin, Vesper and myself (Kettel) going to deal with this MAZLUM character and Helios, Thino, & Oona will see what they can dig up around the station."

"Then there's the matter of Lieutenant Pitts. Let Lanna watch him or cuff him up to the ship (hands and feet) and leave him for the time being?" [/b][/color]
Vesper nods. "Sounds good to me. Ready when you are, Captain. As for the prisoner, we also have the soldiers to keep an eye on him if Lanna wants to come along with one of the other teams. Whoever it is, I'll brief them on how to make the case that he's suffered head trauma and is currently delirious in case it comes to that."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 01, 2018 3:48 am

"Good idea. The soldiers will just be "the crew". Laborers."

"If there's not anything else.....then let's go!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Exploring Ison Station

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 02, 2018 12:05 am

images (7).jpg
images (7).jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
As Ronin, Vesper, and Cpt. Kettel go to see to the interests of the ship, Oona, Helios, Thino, & Lanna set about to explore the ship, gather intel, and see about helping their situation. Someone can roll a Streetwise check to determine if they get off on the right foot (know where to begin).
Spoiler:
CD + 2 1 Setback dice (one removed from Thino's Street Smarts Talent). Looks like YGG + 2 Boost dice (max). Success = you know what to look for. Failure = you stumble around a while, struggle to get started, and maybe step on some toes.

I spent a DS Point to make it interesting.
6 LS / 3 DS remaining.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Mazlum Henso

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 am

As you walk through the hangar, some Ugnaughts come through carrying what seems to be a human-sized body wrapped in clothes. They move over to an airlock tube on the side of the hangar, as if to send their package into space. “Pirate scum.” You hear someone in the group mumble in a Basic dialect.

“Are you ready to talk to Mazlum? Let’s go” says Larwin.

Larwin leads you all (Kettel, Ronin, & Vesper) to a central lift which ascends to the top of Ison Station. A pair of stout mercenaries guard both the entry to the lift and the doors to Mazlum's office.

Mazlum dresses a bit more sophisticated than the other Duros; wearing a shirt, vest, and coat. His office is an astronomical observatory that is cluttered with eclectic items and various unusual antiques. His desk has a variety of small items that it seems he has been working on.

“Wait here.” says Larwin. The one called Mazlum patiently waits for Larwin to approach and keeps a keen eye on his new visitors. Larwin goes around the desk and bends down to briefly whisper into Mazlum's ear. Mazlum turns his head to the other Duros with a surprised (maybe shocked or offended) expression, to which Larwin nods his head in the affirmative before walking away (the 3 Threats from the Negotiation check on the docking fee). The Duros tilts his head slightly at that, shrugs, and faces back to the arriving visitors with an emotionless, but welcoming, expression.“Mazlum Henso will see you now.”

"The crew of the Red Dawn."
says Larwin as he gives a slight bow of respect to Mazlum and exits the room.

"Greetings, and welcome to Ison Station. I am Mazlum Henso, owner and administrator of this station. And to whom am I speaking?"

Attachments
Henso, Mazlum.jpg
Henso, Mazlum.jpg (6.25 KiB) Viewed 3932 times

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Exploring Ison Station

Post by swrider » Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 am

Hell leads the group arround the station keeping an ear and eye out for the signs and symbols of lowlives and their type of entertainment.
Spoiler:
I flipped a DP
Hell; Uprising; Streetwise w dp flip:
3 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Walking with Hell and Oona and scoping out the scene Thino is partinculay alert, tracking down information when all he knew was that he didn’t know it yet had been his speacialty, and the easiest way to find and get close to his targets, I wonder what we will find here.

Taking the opportunity of the search to get to know his allies, Thino whispers to the nearby Oona, ”Hey, thanks for speaking up on behalf of keeping Pitts on board, I know it makes a lot more of an impact on Ronin if this kind of thing isn’t only coming from me.”
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed May 02, 2018 6:17 pm

"I appreciate that, Thino, thank you. Though I'm sure your voice carries more weight than you think - after all, you are the one who managed to get through to the lieutenant in the first place; I overheard your exchange and you seemed to win his respect with ease. You remind me a little of my father in that regard. With care, I wonder if you might be able to win the alliance an ally, not just a source of intelligence. Heavens know we could use more of both."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Mazlum Henso

Post by SavageBob » Wed May 02, 2018 7:44 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 am
"Greetings, and welcome to Ison Station. I am Mazlum Henso, owner and administrator of this station. And to whom am I speaking?"
Vesper does her best impression of the bow Larwin had just given and feels awkward about it. "Uh... I'm Vesper Reshari, medical officer on the Red Dawn. This is Captain Kettel of the ship, and this is Ronin Wayne, who..." She stops. What's Ronin's role on the ship? "Ronin, why don't you introduce yourself?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Exploring Ison Station

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 03, 2018 3:20 am

Cantina V.jpg
Cantina V.jpg (120.29 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
As with most space stations, the place to search out people always seems to be the cantina. This cantina seems to be running at minimum capacity. The lights are dim, the only band and dancers are holograms playing to recorded music. No gambling tables, few patrons. A robotender tends to the drinks. Light cantina music plays in the background. You recognize a group of patrons, the rough-looking group that was passing the time in the hangar watching the noobs get off the ship.
"Hey, look! It's those 'spacers' that just flew in." says one of the crew members as he points to the man, woman, Wookiee & Rodian that just stepped in. One member stands up and speaks,"Outrageous, isn't it? Those docking fees."
Ship Captain..jpg
Ship Captain..jpg (102.97 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Spoiler:
Thino knows from his conversation with the unnamed Duros mechanic....
"But if you're some nameless outlaw with a bounty on your head, you'd better steer clear of Kragen's Crew over there because they'll bag-n-tag you in a nanosecond for a few credits. They're part of the Ivax Syndicate and they don't play quaint games." (Advantage & Triumph)
Kragen's Crew is part of a sector crime organization called the Ivax Syndicate (as the NPC mentioned). The Ivax Nebula is the large galactic hazard in the Anoat Sector. This group has been known to perform criminal activities but you do not know "what" they specifically do.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Cantina

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 pm

Standing before you is a human male dressed in layers of clothing (likely including armor underneath based upon the bulk of it all) and heavy boots. He has a blaster pistol strapped across his chest and possibly another on his left side. Most notably, he has a robotic left arm that seems to extend most of the way up, based upon its stiffness of movement. "Tye....Captain Jairius Tye." he says as he puts his hands on his waist, puffs out his chest, and waits for a response.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 pm

"Helios, but my friends call me Hell a nickname they say I got because of my piloting. Those fees are ridiculous who is one supposed to make an honest living being gouged like that. I'm in real need of a drink. Bartender get me and my friends here a round of ale! This one is on me." Hell says gesturing to Jairius Tyes group so they are clear he includes them.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 am

Oona mantains a position slightly back from Thino, but nods to Tye and his compatriots, "Oona. Good to meet you, captain." She puts a hand in her pocket and leans aginst the bar while they wait for the robotender to see to the drinks order. In a light conversational tone, "So, Captain... Tye was it? What brings you and your crew all the way out here?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 2:17 am

Tye sort of ignores Oona's question (for the time being) and looks to Helios. "Welllllll...... I do like a free drink!" His crew peps up a bit at the sound of that. "I don't know about making an honest living, but I will drink to it. The only ones who make an honest living in this galaxy are the dead and the enslaved."

He turns back to Oona. "All the way out here, dear? Why.....ahem.....we're all merchants in the transportation business. Why, the Anoat Sector flourishes with business opportunities!" With that comment, his crew chuckles to themselves.

"Of course, business has been all but shut down with the Empire around in recent weeks. They've put an end to travel in and out of the Anoat Sector and they've clamped down on business opportunities. But what can one do about it?"

"We were all trying to wait it out, but it doesn't seem like the Empire is going anywhere. Looks like there is a new order in this part of the galaxy."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 am

"bzzztt.....fifty.....credits..." stutters the robotender to Helios.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 05, 2018 2:26 am

Helios pays the droid and listens intently to the captain smiling as he speaks."The nice thing about the empire is they are too big to notice the details. If we were back in our own area we could fly in and out of the sector without a problem. You just have to stay off the known and common hyper-lanes. No such luck here though. We'll have to wait it out also. What does one do to pass the time in this sector?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 2:39 am

"Maybe your not from around here, then. With all of the nebulae and space phenomena around here, that's a good way to get yourself killed. The good thing is that the Empire has only closed off the lanes going in and out, but not travel within. But they have ships roving around looking for someone. Until they leave, the whole sector is going to suffer from the loss of business."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 05, 2018 2:50 am

Here's to hoping the catch the guy soon. He musta really pissed someone off for them to go through this much trouble. Hell says as he swigs his drink.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 3:25 am

"The Empire is making a lot of people unhappy in this sector. What bring you through the Ison Corridor? There's not much to see here."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 05, 2018 3:44 am

"Hauling cargo from one crappy space port to another. Where were we headed again? I never much care about the destination, I love flying and for me its the journey which invigorates me. That is accept when the captain accepts boring jobs. I love this area. You say a nebula is suicide, I say it sounds like fun!" Hell glances at the other two. "I know, I know, no more nebula, astroid fields or anything the like for a while. You scrape one little asteroid and everyone suddenly thinks your crazy."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Mazlum Henso

Post by SavageBob » Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:44 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 am
Vesper does her best impression of the bow Larwin had just given and feels awkward about it. "Uh... I'm Vesper Reshari, medical officer on the Red Dawn. This is Captain Kettel of the ship, and this is Ronin Wayne, who..." She stops. What's Ronin's role on the ship? "Ronin, why don't you introduce yourself?"
After Ronin does so, Vesper waits for him to continue, but the Human stays quiet. "Er... We're traders with a cargo we'd intended for Burnin Konn. Clothing, machine parts, some medical supplies mostly. We were forced to land here when our ship came under attack. She's not in good shape, so we're looking for a merchant who might take the goods off our hands so we can pay for repairs."

Return to “The Story”