IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Mazlum Henso

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 pm
"Er... We're traders with a cargo we'd intended for Burnin Konn. Clothing, machine parts, some medical supplies mostly. We were forced to land here when our ship came under attack. She's not in good shape, so we're looking for a merchant who might take the goods off our hands so we can pay for repairs."
"A merchant? Well, maybe there is someone who can take those goods off your hand. We should all meet during the next cycle (tomorrow) to discuss this business.
Spoiler:
Vesper can make a Knowledge: Education (or Astrogation) check to identify the spherical object on the desk that he's been obviously fiddling with. AVG (2 Diff + Setback for being an outdated item). If successful, then you know it is a sort of Astrolabe for making navigational measurements, by hand, although it has computer mechanisms within. One could use it without a navicomputer. A failure with Advantages means that you notice something else in the room. Say....a simple spyglass in the background. Either benefit may contribute a bonus to a later roll.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:44 am
"Hauling cargo from one crappy space port to another. Where were we headed again? I never much care about the destination, I love flying and for me its the journey which invigorates me. That is accept when the captain accepts boring jobs. I love this area. You say a nebula is suicide, I say it sounds like fun!" Hell glances at the other two. "I know, I know, no more nebula, astroid fields or anything the like for a while. You scrape one little asteroid and everyone suddenly thinks your crazy."
Oona rolls her eyes - the long suffering crewmember, "To answer your question, Captain, we've only stopped here to make repairs. This one," she jerks her thumb in Helios' direction, "has just taken us through one debris field too many. We wouldn't ordinarily divert to somewhere this remote and given the docking fees as a benchmark, I bet the repairs will be wildly expensive. I'd imagine we may want to offload some supplies to offset that. You wouldn't happen to know any (ahem) merchants that might be looking for a bargain?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 4:04 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm
Oona rolls her eyes - the long suffering crewmember, "To answer your question, Captain, we've only stopped here to make repairs. This one," she jerks her thumb in Helios' direction, "has just taken us through one debris field too many. We wouldn't ordinarily divert to somewhere this remote and given the docking fees as a benchmark, I bet the repairs will be wildly expensive. I'd imagine we may want to offload some supplies to offset that. You wouldn't happen to know any (ahem) merchants that might be looking for a bargain?"
The ship captain Jairius pauses for a second and replies with a wink and a nod, "Maybe I do, Maybe I don't!"
Spoiler:
Make a Charm check. Boost die for picking up on the ...merchant... reference and a Boost for the drinks to soften him up. A 3rd Boost die for an assist from allies.

Red-Red-Red vs YGG + 3B

He's a cool customer, being a ship captain, so he's tough!
As it is, statistically, it's a little better than a coin flip.
Spending a DP wouldn't change the odds much, but would up the increase chance of a Triumph.

High risk, high reward!

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat May 05, 2018 5:49 pm

"Come now Captain, don't be coy" Oona all but purrs.
Spoiler:
I will absolutely flip that DP. Go big! The counter no longer appears to be active on this forum, unless I'm going blind? But I have assumed its use.

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Charm Captain Jairius Tye re: trading some supplies:
5 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Replacement Green for charm check:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

Total 4 success 1 advantage.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat May 05, 2018 7:13 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 pm
"A merchant? Well, maybe there is someone who can take those goods off your hand. We should all meet during the next cycle (tomorrow) to discuss this business.
Spoiler:
Vesper can make a Knowledge: Education (or Astrogation) check to identify the spherical object on the desk that he's been obviously fiddling with. AVG (2 Diff + Setback for being an outdated item). If successful, then you know it is a sort of Astrolabe for making navigational measurements, by hand, although it has computer mechanisms within. One could use it without a navicomputer. A failure with Advantages means that you notice something else in the room. Say....a simple spyglass in the background. Either benefit may contribute a bonus to a later roll.
Noticing the strange object the Duros is toying with, Vesper thinks a moment, trying to place it.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Education):
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

So, how 'bout failure with Threat? :P

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 8:38 pm

"Henso has the only Spaceport or station within several hyperspace jobs, and he knows it! It's simply a case of supply and demand... that and those mercenaries he hires from beyond The Rim."

"Sure, Oona, I have some friends in The Syndicate that could take some of those goods off your hands, but they are good distance away from here."

"Besides, they prefer to deal with bulk transports and things on a system or sector-wide scale, not your little freighter. We haven't had anything that big cross our path in quite a while, and now that the Empire is here we're probably out of business for good."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 05, 2018 8:48 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:38 pm

"Besides, they prefer to deal with bulk transports and things on a system or sector-wide scale, not your little freighter. We haven't had anything that big cross our path in quite a while, and now that the Empire is here we're probably out of business for good."

"Your tone says disaster but your words say opportunity. So we can get things form outside the sector. Perhaps we can get them from within. What types of supplies do they look for?" Hell smiles trying to give off the air of "someone who knows how to get things".

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 pm

"Anything that can be sold for a profit!"

"You sound like someone who has something to say. Why don't you stop circling that small moon and come in for a landing? Whatcha got?"
Captain Tye was always one to sniff out a good deal. ;)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:13 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 pm
Spoiler:
Noticing the strange object the Duros is toying with, Vesper thinks a moment, trying to place it.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Education):
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

So, how 'bout failure with Threat? :P
Vesper takes note of the astrolabe, thinking it looks like a SoroSuub model her grandfather had back on Raltiir.

As the Duros proposes the meeting the next day, she looks to Kettel and Ronin for affirmation. "Tomorrow sounds doable. Just let us know what time works for you."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 05, 2018 9:56 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 pm
"Anything that can be sold for a profit!"

"You sound like someone who has something to say. Why don't you stop circling that small moon and come in for a landing? Whatcha got?"
Captain Tye was always one to sniff out a good deal. ;)
"Sounds like we could work together to spice things up a bit. Our current cargo needs to be sold, but we are opening to acquiring some new merchandise once that happens. Our Captain would have to explain any details, but I could make an introduction."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 11:49 pm

"Acquiring merchandise, eh? It better be worth my time. Well, it sure beats sitting around here. Let's meet up with the Captain later. For now......it's drinking time.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 2:55 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 pm
Vesper takes note of the astrolabe, thinking it looks like a SoroSuub model her grandfather had back on Raltiir.

As the Duros proposes the meeting the next day, she looks to Kettel and Ronin for affirmation. "Tomorrow sounds doable. Just let us know what time works for you."
0900 hours.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 06, 2018 3:08 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:55 am
0900 hours.
The woman turns to leave, but then remembers the condition of the hangar outside. "One more thing... We noticed the condition of your hangars. Larwin says it was Stormtroopers." She looks at the floor, then back at the Duros. "I know how... heavy-handed the Empire's soldiers can be... from time to time." Then, standing tall, she finishes the thought. "I'm a medical doctor. If any of your people were injured, I'd feel obliged to take a look. Assuming your medic could use a hand."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 7:58 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:08 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:55 am
0900 hours.
The woman turns to leave, but then remembers the condition of the hangar outside. "One more thing... We noticed the condition of your hangars. Larwin says it was Stormtroopers." She looks at the floor, then back at the Duros. "I know how... heavy-handed the Empire's soldiers can be... from time to time." Then, standing tall, she finishes the thought. "I'm a medical doctor. If any of your people were injured, I'd feel obliged to take a look. Assuming your medic could use a hand."
Mazlum pauses for a second, and then stands from his desk. "Yes, the Imperial raid has wreaked havoc with my station. They went through EVERYTHING!! I have parts everywhere, computer issues, a damaged communications tower, labor issues with the workers, and other things. If your crew were to assist in some of these things today, then perhaps we could work something out for tomorrow morning?"

He makes a VERY convincing case for assistance. Vesper, Kettel, and Ronin empathize with him. You all feel like you want to lend him assistance even beyond the scope of the negotiations for fuel and repairs. :D
Spoiler:
Charm vs group (Vesper, Ronin, Kettel)
Kettel adds extra rank of Cool, Ronin adds Nobody's Fool.

NPC; Uprising; Mazlum Charm vs PC's (w/DP):
5 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Triumph,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

" Appeal to an individual’s better nature, requiring them to go out of their way to aid the characters without any hope of remuneration."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:49 pm
"Acquiring merchandise, eh? It better be worth my time. Well, it sure beats sitting around here. Let's meet up with the Captain later. For now......it's drinking time.
You can arrange to catch up with them later. In a moment, the entire crew will be back together to discuss recent happenings after Vesper-Ronin-Kettel versus Mazlum is resolved.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Again, Mazlum Henso seems very sincere. Although, something seems amiss. You think that some of these requests he mentioned don't seem to be have been caused by the Empire's most recent raid.
Spoiler:
Deception Check vs Vesper-Kettel-Ronin
(2R from Kettel, 3Ab Vesper, Nobody's Fool from Ronin)
NPC; Uprising; Mazlum Deception vs PC's :
3 Successes, 4 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CRB: Threats = "Give away a portion of the lie, making target suspicious."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm
Again, Mazlum Henso seems very sincere. Although, something seems amiss. You think that some of these requests he mentioned don't seem to be have been caused by the Empire's most recent raid.
Spoiler:
Deception Check vs Vesper-Kettel-Ronin
(2R from Kettel, 3Ab Vesper, Nobody's Fool from Ronin)
NPC; Uprising; Mazlum Deception vs PC's :
3 Successes, 4 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CRB: Threats = "Give away a portion of the lie, making target suspicious."
Vesper looks to the others and shrugs. "Maybe we could..." But she remembers the imperative to help the injured. "But we don't have a dedicated mechanic, Sir. That's why we need repairs. I was more concerned about loss of life, wounded. But I take it no one was injured in the raid?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 pm
Vesper looks to the others and shrugs. "Maybe we could..." But she remembers the imperative to help the injured. "But we don't have a dedicated mechanic, Sir. That's why we need repairs. I was more concerned about loss of life, wounded. But I take it no one was injured in the raid?"
"No mechanic, eh? Well, my brother Kamar is a skilled mechanic. He could use some assistance. His patience runs short with our paid laborers, as short and slow as they are. They simply can't reach places a standard-sized being can. But they're cheap and plentiful in this sector. Kamar usually prefers to work on his own rather than work with them. I am sure he could use the help. Besides that, the Stormtroopers tossed nearly every tool, ship part, and component out of its storage place. It's been a nightmare trying to get it back together, nice and organized. It wouldn't necessarily take a mechanic to sort things out."

"Add to that, the ingratitude and disorganization of those Ugnaughts, and this station is a mess! Someone needs to light a fire under them!"
Spoiler:
I am going for a sort of Skill Challenge here. A wide variety of skills that (depending on the successes) could weigh into a negotiation check the next day. Of course, the PC's would be free to be creative in skill usage and narrative. Each part takes a portion of the remaining day so as to allow each PC to help with 1 or 2 tasks. Extra succ/adv/tri on the ultimate Negotiation roll could yield extras for the PC's, maybe a ship attachment.

Leadership: get Ugnaughts to work as a group
Charm/Coercion: motivate Ugnaughts, attitude change
Medicine & Xenology: basic care to workers
Kn:Education / Vigilance: sort items by tag
Athletics: lift heavy parts/machinery
Computers: computer repair/maintenance
Piloting-Space/Planetary: help with incoming ore shipments for the day
Mechanics: repair labor/mining droids, sort parts
Perception: notice out-of-place items, look for missing parts that are needed
Skulduggery: take something for yourself

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 06, 2018 11:53 pm

At the mention of the Syndicate by this Captain Tye, Thino's antenna start to twitch slightly with realization, These may be the scoundrels that Duros warned us about, but Hell is playing it very cool, and it sounds like he's trying to rope them into helping us make that raid on the fuel we had discussed earlier, that would be something, taking out a dangerous target while reducing the risk of the empire to us simultaneously
Thino relaxed slightly and laughed as he reached for his drink thinking of the absurdity of it.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm
"No mechanic, eh? Well, my brother Kamar is a skilled mechanic. He could use some assistance. His patience runs short with our paid laborers, as short and slow as they are. They simply can't reach places a standard-sized being can. But they're cheap and plentiful in this sector. Kamar usually prefers to work on his own rather than work with them. I am sure he could use the help. Besides that, the Stormtroopers tossed nearly every tool, ship part, and component out of its storage place. It's been a nightmare trying to get it back together, nice and organized. It wouldn't necessarily take a mechanic to sort things out."

"Add to that, the ingratitude and disorganization of those Ugnaughts, and this station is a mess! Someone needs to light a fire under them!"
Spoiler:
I am going for a sort of Skill Challenge here. A wide variety of skills that (depending on the successes) could weigh into a negotiation check the next day. Of course, the PC's would be free to be creative in skill usage and narrative. Each part takes a portion of the remaining day so as to allow each PC to help with 1 or 2 tasks. Extra succ/adv/tri on the ultimate Negotiation roll could yield extras for the PC's, maybe a ship attachment.

Leadership: get Ugnaughts to work as a group
Charm/Coercion: motivate Ugnaughts, attitude change
Medicine & Xenology: basic care to workers
Kn:Education / Vigilance: sort items by tag
Athletics: lift heavy parts/machinery
Computers: computer repair/maintenance
Piloting-Space/Planetary: help with incoming ore shipments for the day
Mechanics: repair labor/mining droids, sort parts
Perception: notice out-of-place items, look for missing parts that are needed
Skulduggery: take something for yourself
"I'll report to Kamar, then. Maybe we can be of some help." Vesper looks to Kettel and Ronin as if to suggest it's time to leave.
Spoiler:
I was angling for something more up Vesper's alley -- tending to the wounded -- but this guy is either ignorant of or insensitive to any injures the stormtroopers caused!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 am

"Larwin & Kamar will show you what you need to see."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat May 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Back at the ship, Vesper, Oona, and Thino wrack their brains trying to see if they know anything about Ugnaughts.
Spoiler:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 pm

"It's settled then. Thino, Oona, and Vesper go tend to the Ugnaughts. Check on their condition and see what sort of assistance they either need, or can render to us. Mazlum seems to think they are not working well for him. Maybe that is so, or maybe there is a reason behind their "ingratitude and disorganization", as he put it."

"Helios, see what you can do to help with the daily ore shipments. Mazlum makes fuels from those ores and we might earn some goodwill if we help out with that."

"May the Force be with you!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - Ore Shipments

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Helios gravitates over to the section of the station where ore shipments are processed. There are three boxed-shaped transports. One looks far more run-down than the other two, perhaps it is out-of-service. There are two pilots (you assume) dressed in pilot gear, one female Weequay with long braids and one short, stocky human male with an R2 unit nearby.
Spoiler:
Weequay Pilot (f).jpg
Weequay Pilot (f).jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
Spoiler:
Human male Pilot.JPG
Human male Pilot.JPG (36.17 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
Spoiler:
Make an Easy (1Diff) Pilot check to familiarize yourself with the controls...for when the time comes)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: IC - Ore Shipments

Post by swrider » Sun May 13, 2018 1:06 am

Helios, looks at the other pilots giving them a smile and nod before seeing the transports.
Spoiler:

Helios; Uprising; Piloting:
4 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage
"These remind me of the skiffs we had back home. They are so beautiful. I've been asked to lend you two a hand today. My name is Helios, but my friends call me Hell. If you don't mind I'll take this beaten up one over here. She looks like she is a thought old girl and I like that in a woman. As he speaks he makes a petting motion as if their was a large animal seated to his side. The gesture is subtle and may just be taken as a quirk.

Return to “The Story”