IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:27 am

Hyper 3.jpg
Hyper 3.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
The trip through the Ison Corridor will take a few hours, just long enough to partially recover from your recent experience. The Ison System is what would be considered the "next" system south of Hoth. Of more concern is some of the system warnings from The Red Dawn's computer indicating that the fuel is running low and the life support capacities are strained. The ship was not able to refuel while upon Hoth and we're slightly overloaded with passengers. You will need to stop soon to address those problems, as well as get repairs the the ship's hull. You hope that the mining and repair station Cpt. Kettel referred to is still in operation and able (or willing) to assist. He informs you that the Alliance forces passed by it on its way to the Hoth System, they did not stop or do business there. It stuck out in his mind simply because it was the only waypoint for many days along the corridor.
Spoiler:
As the Red Dawn is ascending through the atmosphere, Captain Kettel makes a suggestion."Some of you weren't here when the Alliance was driven from Thila Base. During the journey we traveled through a little-used trade passage called the "Ison Corridor". It's a cold, desolate system with an asteroid belt. It has 'whisps' of unstable nebula running across it, making it risky for common travelers. In a few centuries, it won't even be passable. But....it might be our best bet to get lost for a while. There's a small mining & repair station there."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 am

Thino relaxes a little as the danger is well behind them, but remembers that they still have other things to take care of.
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Hell troughs the ship into autopilot and spins his chair to the side throwing his feet up onto the console. He touches a record button and speaks towards a microphone. "Captain's log Hoth Salvage Mission. Note to self. Don't eat ice chips on Hoth, potential hallucinations with actual. Send some to Archy, next time you are on planet, he will get a kick out of the effects." He turns to the rest of the people in the cock pit. "The journey is going to take a half a day or so, best to get some rest who knows what will be waiting for us on the other side.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:38 pm

As the tension in the ship subsides, Oona feels her shoulders loosen and the beating in her chest subsiding. Beside the console, her foot brushes the bag she had dumped there earlier. She takes a deep breath and turns in the seat to face the rest of the crew here present.

"I never really had the chance to truly thank you all for saving my hide back there. If you hadn't risked your lives to return, I'd no doubt be spilling my guts to that officious little man, Cooks, right now. Thank you, all of you." I can't remember how long ago I felt warm and safe.

Addressing Captain Kettel in particular, "Captain, I recovered some credits and equipment from those imperials. Should these be surrendered for the good of the rebellion? Perhaps the crew of this ship would appreciate some recompense for their efforts?"

To Hell, "Say, I don't suppose you have anywhere I can stow my gear and maybe catch a little sleep?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:28 pm

"We are the rebellion, or at least a part of it. The ship could use some repairs and needs fuel though so those credits may come in handy sooner rather than latter. We have a lot of extra hands right now, but have a look around and feel free to crash in any open bunk. I only ask that you not displace the wounded or sit on my pet Nexu." The last part he says petting the air next to him and cooing like he would to an animal.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Disconcerted, "I... yes, I see. My apologies, you're not what I would ordinarily expect from one of our units. But certainly - anything to help the cause." Oona opens her mouth to ask further but thinks better of it. Instead, she bids farewell, nodding "Captain. Everyone."

She wavers at the exit. Hesitantly, she strides quickly back into the cockpit and scratches the air around about where she imagines a Nexu's ear might be and hastens to find a bunk, grabbing backpack by the strap and blaster rifle by the barrel as she passes.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 am

(Captain Kettel) "I suppose we can keep a collective stash of items which people can have access to as they have need. We'll have costs for fuel and ship repairs coming up soon."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:07 am

The astrogation charts have shown there to be a mining facility/station within the nearby Ison System. It will be helpful to repair the damage to the Red Dawn there and to tweak the life support systems of the ship to accommodate more lifeforms than it is meant to carry. At best, current life support is ‘unstable’ at about a dozen occupants while the YT-2000 is built for 7 passengers.
wd.jpg
wd.jpg (4.23 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
Upon coming out of hyperspace, the pilots see a dark and desolate area of space. At a distance is a diminutive White Dwarf star at the center of this system where a sun would be, and there is a sparse asteroid belt forming a ring around that star. The White Dwarf, while a bright pinpoint of light, does little to illuminate nearby objects from this distance. Covering the expanse of the system are tangled masses of red nebulae. They are, perhaps, closer than is comfortable to the hyperspace lane we’ve traveled through.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 am

Ison Station.jpg
Ison Station.jpg (60.65 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
Coming across the communication systems is a transponder code for Ison Station. It is the only type of communication you are receiving at the moment. It is faint, but audible.
“Ison Station…coordinates… 24…67…47“

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 am

Feeling the ship drop out of Hyperspace, Oona stirs in her bunk, stuggling with an initially foggy head. The first real rest I've had in days and it's cut all too short. For a short while, she sits quietly on the edge of the bed, head hung low and takes a few deep breaths to clear her senses. Satisfied, she stands, shakes out the kinks and pads up the corridor to the cockpit.

"What have we got here? Is that a signal?" She takes a seat and looks throught the canopy at the small, cold system outside, "Wow. This really is the middle of nowhere, captain. It's hauntingly beautiful though..."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 pm

"Beautiful... Yes. And this asteroid field looks like an excellent place to practice escape maneuvers."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Thino lounged back in his copilots chair flipping a credit chip in the air while tapping the data pad he had pulled off of the dead commander on his knee. He didn’t hear what the people around him were saying as he was distracting himself by thinking back on his conversation with Pitts,
“By the way, you never told me your name?"

The lieutenant since up a little bit in bed and takes the cup of liquid that you offer.

"Lieutenant Pitts, Gerdon Pitts."

Thino smiled, “Glad to meet you Lt. Pitts, my names Thino, Think Krist, And I have to say, although I’m saddened by how we happened to meet I am glad that we have this opportunity to get to know each other.”
Thino couldn’t help but think that he could have benefited from asking Gerdon about the datapad, but he didn’t want to press his luck and stress the burgeoning trust he was developing with the man by asking him to compromise himself so quickly. The data pad would have to be something he figured out for himself.
Having enough of wasting time he sat up and began to seriously consider the data pad, being sure to check for security measures first , “what secrets are you binding.”

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:55 pm

The device has no security measures as far as Thino can tell beyond the digital access code. He has actually picked up a few things during the examination of the data pad that may help him unlock it. (+2 Boost dice).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Hell fires up the internal communication systems. "Hey captain, we have arrived in the section and have the coordinates of the space station. Should I take her in. Hell bends over slightly as he waits for a response petting the air. "Its ok Girl. His rank is captain he is not trying to take over the ship. I know confusing having two captains on a ship. He is in charge of the group, I am in charge of the ship as always sweetheart."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:32 am

Captain Kettel replies,"This is one of those rare systems where there's hardly a thing alive there. A good place to lay low for a while. As you please, Hell."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 am

"Is that Cooks' datapad, Thino?" Intrigued, Oona gets up and steps over to stand behind the copilot's seat, peering over at what Thino is doing."Oh have you tried..." [OOC:Oona attempts to help Thino decrypt the pad]

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 pm

"Beginning docking procedures now. Keep your eyes open everyone for anything suspicious."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Still absorbed in his examination of the datapad, Thino only hears Oona’s response while Helios’s advisement flys past his ears.
SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 am
"Is that Cooks' datapad, Thino?" Intrigued, Oona gets up and steps over to stand behind the copilot's seat, peering over at what Thino is doing."Oh have you tried..." [OOC:Oona attempts to help Thino decrypt the pad]

“Oh yea Oona, you were with those guys for a bit right? Did you hear them say anything about this datapad? That commander seemed very intent on trying to get it back before he died. Ah that’s just the thing to do isn’t it, I think I just about got it.”

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 pm

"Nice work, Thino! Hold on a moment," clasping Thino's shoulder, Oona turns her attention to Helio. "Hell, do you mind if I try to initiate contact with the station? I feel we should exchange pleasantries and let them know our intentions."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 pm

"Our ships vital stats are in the computer, that should provide answers to all the standard questions. We should have our friends change into some civilian outfits though before initiating visual contact or allowing anyone to board our ship. We should expect and inspection."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 pm

The transmission form the station repeats in a static-filled loop.....“Ison Station…coordinates… 24…67…47“. The central portion of the space station has a lower level for smaller silhouette ships to enter into a hangar. As you discuss whether to contact the station, an incoming message comes through form the station. A robotic (droid) voice says,"Welcome to Ison Station....Do you intend to dock?"

Thino's excitement at his recent discovery is interrupted by the incoming message. On the datapad comes up the personal notes of Commander Cooks. Apparently, the notes from a meeting involving high command in the Anoat Sector.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am

Oona jumps back into her own seat, flipping on the comm and leaning in to talk directly into the receiver. "Receiving, Ison Station. This is Red Dawn. Thank you for the welcome. Requesting permission to dock. Over." Flipping off the receiver, she hastily accesses the currently listed details of the Red Dawn.

[OOC: DeepSpacer, I'd like to see what our BOSS registration says about the ship's registered keeper(s) and function. Are we operating under a cover? Has any of that been discussed before?]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:38 am

Oona, unfamiliar with the ship's identifiers (and not having been told by the original crew), finds that the Red Dawn is registered as a cargo freighter coming out of Burnin Konn, a mining planet in the Anoat Sector which they are in.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:03 pm

While the others go through the protocol of making contact with the base, Vesper works with the rescued Rebel soldiers to find them clothing that won't tie them to the Rebellion. "It's not much, guys, but it'll have to do until we have a chance to buy you something a bit sturdier. Maybe we can find something in this station." She then stashes their uniforms in a locker until such time as they can be jettisoned, or the group can reconnect with the fleet.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm
[OOC:Oona attempts to help Thino decrypt the pad]
“Oh yea Oona, you were with those guys for a bit right? Did you hear them say anything about this datapad? That commander seemed very intent on trying to get it back before he died. Ah that’s just the thing to do isn’t it, I think I just about got it.”
Cook's datapad seems to have personal notes from a recent meeting. You only have moments to review them before you land.
Points of order:
 Transfer remaining prisoners to Star Destroyers.
 Blockade hyperspaces lanes leading in and out of the Anoat Sector
 Location of Rebel Fleet….unknown.
 Heavily damaged Rebel transport likely did not escape the sector, search underway
 Covert Imperial Fuel Depot on Ione, minimal presence to maintain secrecy
 Depot Security Code: Y75D9SV25EK
 Personal Computer Code: EA46G723P79

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am
Oona jumps back into her own seat, flipping on the comm and leaning in to talk directly into the receiver. "Receiving, Ison Station. This is Red Dawn. Thank you for the welcome. Requesting permission to dock. Over." Flipping off the receiver, she hastily accesses the currently listed details of the Red Dawn.
A few awkward moments go by, and then a robotic-sounding response, "Permissions to land granted. Proceed to main hangar, Red Dawn."

Return to “The Story”