IC - "Return to Hoth"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: IC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:24 am

Helios slips into the pilots seat shortly after vesper takes navigation. The prior occupant swiching to co-pilot at his command. All systems seem to be up and running get ready for a quick take off. Are you ready back there! Someone tell me when everyone is on. The indicator wont let me know untill the hatch is sealed but I don't intend to wait. It can rise on lift off.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:05 am

"Right. Scanning for enemy vessels now. Ronin, give me a hand?"
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Computers (scanning for starships or vehicles):
3 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Added a setback for the blizzard. Let me know if a second is warranted. Any unspent advantages can be used to grant a boost to Hell's Piloting check.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:29 am

Thino, who is still carrying the lieutenant over his shoulder, frowns in the doctor's direction before he looks over at Lanna and pats his prisoner on the back says, “Vesper is right my friend, we'll need to make sure this one doesn't cause any more trouble when they come to, I am going to strap them in down in the rec room and then bind their feet to go along with their hands.”

Doing as he told Lanna he would Thino checks to make sure that the restraints are secure then leaves Pitts and heads to the cockpit, "How close are we to taking off"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:00 am

Helio slips into the empty pilot seat. Ronin was manning a gun turret when people came aboard. The cockpit of the Red Dawn has 4 seats (as seen on the ship photo HERE). Vesper's Sensor check (as we are on the ground) reveals nothing in the air above them out to 'short planetary' range (which is enough to measure up into the atmosphere. The sensors (as we used before) measure one further range band if concentrated into one direction.

The Red Dawn takes off and proceeds to lift into the atmosphere, free from any Imperial entanglements for the moment. It takes 5-10 minutes to get into orbit. PC's could use some healing, but it's important for the moment to manage the ship's systems.
Spoiler:
Occupied Positions
Helio = Pilot Chair
Vesper = Seat #1 for Navigation/Engineering/Sensors/Communications
Oona = ???
Thino = ???

Open positions:
co-pilot
Seat #2 for Navigation/Engineering/Sensors/Communications
Gunnery Turret #2

It's late and I'm a little foggy as to which people were aboard the Red Dawn (Ronin, etc...). They were PC's whose players stopped playing them. I can look it up later. We'll just say they were all doing something else and not occupying a pilot's chair at the moment. Best to have active PC's manning the positions. Ronin had GREAT LUCK hitting 2-out-of-2 with Gunnery rolling only 2 green dice.

I plan to get more up on Sunday. Work went way over today and I wasn't home until midnight.
I hope to get up more on Sunday! :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:54 pm

As the Red Dawn is ascending through the atmosphere, Captain Kettel makes a suggestion."Some of you weren't here when the Alliance was driven from Thila Base. During the
journey we traveled through a little-used trade passage called the "Ison Corridor". It's a cold, desolate system with an asteroid belt. It has 'whisps' of unstable nebula running across it, making it risky for common travelers. In a few centuries, it won't even be passable. But....it might be our best bet to get lost for a while. There's a small mining & repair station there."

With that, a (group) visual perception check is needed as it is what we can see from the cockpit and not yet what is perceptible by the sensors. The best Cunning is '3'. Most ranks is '1'.
So YGG + 2 Boosts vs 2 Diff + Setback.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Once everyone is on board, Oona makes her way to the cockpit, where she takes a seat that she hopes is not in anyone's way. The Rodian, Thino. He was the last person to have that datapad... She arrives to hear Kettel's suggestion, "Anywhere away from this cursed place suits me, captain. Where's Thino?" she asks, as she keeps an eye out of the canopy, "Cooks risked his life trying to stop us getting our hands on that datapad he has. We must find out what is on it."

OOC: Oona takes seat position #2 and I've rolled the perception as I believe myself , Thino and Helio all have 1 rank with 3 cunning. Not much difference who rolls for a group check I presume.
Spoiler:
Oona Braitano; Uprising; Group Visual check (Perception) leaving Hoth:
1 Failure, 2 Advantages, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(sorry guys, not the greatest roll)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 am

"That sounds like a good plan for now Captain. Vesper plot the jump, I want to be able to leave quickly if our friends on the group call in air support. On that note someone get on scanners and everyone else look out the windows. And someone make a note in the record that I should eat Ice Chips on Hoth! Because they induce hallucinations with real blasters!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:54 am

Several minutes go by as the Red Dawn skirts the edges of the debris field aboth Hoth. Several minutes go by as the crew prepares the Astrogation check. About half way through the sensor alert goes off. A group of 3 TIE Fighters detected at short range. They don't appear to have detected you yet.
Spoiler:
The Red Dawn has Sensor Range = Short. TIE Sensors = Close. You detect them first. We'll see if the Astrogation check is successful or not (use a DP, I suggest, to increase the odds). I saw one place say that a failed Astrogation check means you have to recalculate, which takes more time. I didn't see it under the skill description.

NPC; Uprising; TIE Search:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Vesper sees the TIEs and shudders. "I don't like the looks of that patrol. Almost done plotting a course to the Ison Corridor." The medic inputs a few more numbers into the navicomputer. "Hell, check this for me if you can?" Once the pilot approves, Vesper finalizes the jump coordinates.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Astrogation check (combined):

Rolled before I saw the suggestion to use the DP. Oh well.

1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Advantage to shorten the wait time till we can jump?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Thino, who had been standing at the back of the cockpit, takes his position in the co-pilots seat as vesper presents the coordinates, Better to be ready.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 am

Plotting course for an obscure location has caused excess delay in calculating the Astrogation time. However, a keen observation by one of the crew (Oona) has reduced that delay significantly. There are, however, the nearby TIE Fighters to deal with. The TIE Fighters only have a sensor range of ‘close’, so it is not until another pass when you happen to come within their sensor range. It is at that point they react to your presence. Looks like the sharp Astrogation skills will allow you to escape in a few rounds. Certainly before any backups this group can call in would reach this area. But, we must deal with the ones here!
(See OOC Post...roll group initiative)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:20 am

As the alarm sounds and the pilots work to plan their escape, Oona attempts to block out the commotion for a moment, studying the readout in front of her and checking her findings with a visual check out of the canopy.

On the comm, "Sargeant Brixx and whoever is manning our guns - we're not out of the woods yet. There are three Imperial TIE fighters bearing down on us. We need a little breathing room." She attempts to condence her assessment of their attack pattern and the surrounding debris field into something concise and useful for the fireteam.
Spoiler:
OOC: I'd like to use my action to perform Fire Discipline

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Fire Discipline Check (Leadership):
1 Success, 1 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - TIE's

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 pm

The Red Dawn opens up with several blasts from its twin laser cannons, clipping the wings of one of the TIE's (causing it to fly slightly out of formation {the Setback Die}). The Red Dawn proceeds to enter the debris field, daring the TIE's to follow.
Spoiler:
currently 4 TIE minions

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:06 am

"No time to jump. We are going to have to go through the debris field. Hold onto you horses its time to play womp rat!" Hell yells as he pilots dangerously close to large pieces of debris swerving and weaving the ship through the constantly shifting fields. "Lets see them try to follow us in here! Being plotting a jump for the far side.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:40 am

The TIE's dutifully engage in pursuing the Red Dawn into the debris field at their current speed....maximum speed.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; TIE Piloting check:
2 Successes, 4 Threats, 2 Triumphs,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2 Successes: able to enter the debris field (failure would have denied that)
2 Triumphs: Free Maneuver (Stay on Target) & Upgrade the attack
4 Threats: PC ideas???
The TIE's expertly zero in on the Red Dawn and assume a firing position directly behind it. Several of the shots hit home as the ship is violently rocked by the blasts.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: enter debris field
Maneuver (Free from Triumph): Stay on Target (upgrades attacks for and against)
Action: Fire on the Red Dawn

NPC; Uprising; TIE Attack:
2 Successes, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

8 damage - 3 Armor = +5 HT
Triumph = activate linked = 8 damage - 3 Armor = +5 HT
Total +10 HT (Now at 17/24 HT)

1 Threat? Up to the PC's.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 pm

As blasts rock the ship's shields, Vesper curses. "Damn, that sounds like it hurt! Angling deflectors rear." She pushes a few buttons. "Now let's see if we can't find our way through this debris field..."
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Astrogation check (plotting course):
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

Maneuver to angle deflectors. Action to plot course.

2 Successes = -2 Setbacks on Hell's next roll.
1 Advantage = Spotted a course that should be particularly difficult for the TIEs to fly though. +1 setback on their next Piloting check?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - TIE's

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:08 am

The injured TIE Fighter clips some wreckage and spins out of the encounter, Darth Vader style, spinning and spinning off into space. (Spending the Threats. Now only 3 TIE minions.)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:30 am

Thino registers that the tie spinning off into the void but there were still three on their tail, we need to get out of here.

Punching some keys on his copilots console thino calls out to his pilot, “Here you go hel, hope this helps, let’s get out of here.”

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:24 am

Oh show me the way to fly home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. It will soon be raining IMPs... Hell sings as he flies through the debris following the course laid out by Thino.
Spoiler:
Hell; Uprising; Pilot Check:
1 Success, 1 Threat

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:04 am

Try as he might, Helio's best moves cannot shake the three TIE Fighters on his tail. They are as close as they ever were.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Helio can us a Maneuver to do Evasive Maneuvers.
The Gunners can go, too. SanguineAngel can do that when he gets back from the weekend (hopefully tomorrow.)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 am

Oona frantically tries to find some advantage for the fire team to leverage. Unable to see anything in particular immediately, "Just do your best back there." Do your best? What sort of weak platitude is that? Get your head in this Oona.

She scrutinizes the screen further and calls out trajectories, hoping to gloss over her awkwardness.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 pm

"GET THOSE GUNS UP AN FIRING! GET US OUT OF HERE PILOT!" shouts Captain Kettel from down the hall.
Spoiler:
Cpt Kettel; Uprising; Inspiring Rhetoric:
3 Successes, 2 Threats

3 Successes means 3 Allies are affects, each receiving +1 Boost.
One Boost for each Gunner.
One Boost for the Pilot.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am

The Red Dawn's cannons continue to light up the debris field but the attacking TIEs are too quick, dodging fire with an infuriating degree of skill.
Spoiler:
Gunner 1; Uprising; Shoot at TIEs:
0 Success, 1 Threat

Gunner 2; Uprising; Shoot at TIEs:
0 Success, 1 Threat

Gunners 1 & 2; Uprising; Additional Boost for each attach:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImage

Gunner 1: 1 Threat
Gunner 2: 1 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:21 pm

hyperspace_RH.jpg
hyperspace_RH.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
The Red Dawn exits the other side of the debris field and clears into open space in the knick of time, as three TIE Fighters remain hot on its tail. In a few, brief seconds the entire ship lurches forward as the navicomputer gives the confirmation to take the ship into hyperspace. The escape from the Empire is a narrow one. Next Destination The Ison Corridor!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 pm

As the stars dissolve into a million streaks of light, Vesper leans back in her chair and heaves a sigh of relief.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Discipline (strain recovery):
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Corrected roll:

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; corrected roll:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

3 Strain recovered.
Turning to Lanna and Thino, she says, "You two don't go anywhere. We all took a beating in those battles with the Imps on Hoth, so I'd better take a look." She turns to the Wookiee. "Ladies first. Thino, mind handing me the that med kit?"
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Medicine (Lanna):
5 Successes, 4 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment

With one more Wound healed due to Surgeon talent, Lanna is now back to 0 Wounds. With the 4 Advantage, she can recover 4 Strain.

Return to “The Story”