IC - "Return to Hoth"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by SavageBob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Vesper freezes at the name of the downed medic. "Gates... I knew him. Stocky guy from Pantora. Used to give me grief for complaining about the cold. Good man… I'm sorry to hear we lost him." Seeing Hell and Thino moving off, she realizes she needs to quickly tend to the final downed Rebel. "Don't worry; he'll be fine," she tells the jittery soldier helping her. "Just take a deep breath."
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Medicine check:
+1 boost for assistance, +1 from the previous roll, +1 from equipment.
2 Successes, 2 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using the 2 Advantage to let 2 of the 3 downed Rebels find their rifles?
Their efforts pay off as the soldier comes to. Vesper tells the soldiers, "Just rest for now. But find your rifles. We don't want our prisoners here making a run for it."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Vesper moves along to the second of the three downed rebel soldiers only to notice the second one is beyond help. Another casualty of the conflict... the third one is responsive to treatment.

Helios estimates that the repulso lift held approximately the same number of Imperials that we just faced. It is still hovering with the power on as if it was left in a hurry. You can tell by the powered lights around the vehicle's repulsor mechanism that lies underneath the lift. BTW, it is an open skiff, a flat-bed with seats on the side. Maybe something they stole from Echo Base.

Thino's attempt at casual conversation results in silence. Lt. Pitts simply remains kneeling there in the snow, his head down.....silent.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Oona...

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:01 am

Oona has heard an intense exchange blaster fire in the last few minutes. The entire crew had left the cargo skiff you are on. However, your bindings were too tight to take advantage of the situation. You noticed a human male in regular clothing (non-Rebel) come rushing around the corner of a snowy hillside. He shouts something back to people in the other direction.
Spoiler:
Oona has heard a lot while captured by the Imperials. From what you've gathered besides the name of the two officers present (Cooks & Pitts), the head man on base at the moment is a General Tindale. The vast majority of Imperial inhabitants have been out on reconnaissance patrols today searching for Rebel fugitives (as they call them). Orders from on-high suggested that the Rebels had spread into hidden ice caverns below the surface of Hoth. Today, they had orders to spread out and investigate.
{4 Successes, 2 Threats}

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 am

"Hey, you! Who are you? -No, never mind. Help me with these will you?" To the newcomer, Helios, Oona indicates the ties binding her hands and feet. No friend of the Empire, this guy... Although already obvious, she does her best to ensure that her rebel insignia is clearly visible. She continues almost immediately, "Listen, you've just really saved my hide but you need to know - this place is a hotbed of Imperial activity. General Tindale has dispatched patrols all over the place looking for survivors holed up in some cavern."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:43 pm

" Oh Yeah! Nothing better than getting in a little long range game of shoot an imp. You know its like the game with the banthas that pop up at the pub and you wack em with a paddle? Except you shoot the imps that pop up at a distance. Hell starts saying as he looks over her bounds. "I might be able to get those off, but lets get over to the rest of my team they may have found the key on one of our Imps. Hell gets behind the wheel looking over it momentarily before piloting the skiff to where the rest of the group is.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:43 pm
Hell gets behind the wheel looking over it momentarily before piloting the skiff to where the rest of the group is.
The lift is barely much distance from where Lanna is with Cooks. it reacts slowly and handles poorly. Medium away is Kettel with Pitts and Thino the Rodian nearby. Vesper is with a few soldiers just behind them.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:29 am

Thino places a hand on the shoulder of the incapacitated Lt. Pitts while still staring off towards where the troopers had come from, "I admire you Officer, you didn't run off or sacrifice your men like that other one did, I can tell that you are a man who lives by a certain kind of code, even though its one that you put to service for my enemy, by the Manda I can still admire it. You're not the type to betray your men I can see that, but your men are dead now, all of them died doing what they thought they were meant to, fighting for their Empire. There's no one left here for you to betray, except yourself, and I don't think your men would want that, would they?" Thino gestured at his compatriots, "These guys, they're ready to tear you apart, but I'm a more reasonable sort, all I'm asking is that you help me help you. Help you to get out of here, to live, and to carry on these brave soldiers memories of how courageous they were."
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Vesper blanches and gives the five other soldiers a glance. "Sorry about your squad mate. There's nothing I can do for him." She retrieves the snowtrooper rifle and makes her way toward Lanna and her prisoner. "You got a little bruised up there, girl," she tells the Wookiee. "Let me take a look at that."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 pm

"Did any one find any binder keys? Vesper could you check out our new guest Once your finished with the wounded. He calls out after parking the vehicle.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 pm
"Did any one find any binder keys? Vesper could you check out our new guest Once your finished with the wounded. He calls out after parking the vehicle.
Vesper hears Helios call out. "Yeah! Sure!" she calls back. "I'll get back to you, Lanna. Don't worry." Vesper moves behind the Imperial. "Now, no funny business. My Wookiee friend really likes that vibro-ax she has." She searches his belongings for anything of interest, such as a binder security key.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Key found. Prisoner set free. The lieutenant also has a set of electrobinoculars.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

"Thank you kindly." Oona rubs at her wrists to bring some feeling back into her hands before rifling through the items on the lift, locating her own possessions. All the while she speak to you over her shoulder, "No idea who you people are but you've arrived at a hell of a time. Dare I ask if you are here to extract us? You must have a ship, right? As I was telling your friend here, this place is crawling with Imperials. Or are you here for bigger fry?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

"Toss those bindrs over to lana. We can use them to secure our prisoner. We should also get the wounded and prisoners to the ship. Is there anyone else in the bunker."
SanguineAngel wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm
"Thank you kindly." Oona rubs at her wrists to bring some feeling back into her hands before rifling through the items on the lift, locating her own possessions. All the while she speak to you over her shoulder, "No idea who you people are but you've arrived at a hell of a time. Dare I ask if you are here to extract us? You must have a ship, right? As I was telling your friend here, this place is crawling with Imperials. Or are you here for bigger fry?"
"We are friendlys, left our uniforms behind for a resupply mission before the attack. We are trying to round up survivors, and find any indication of where the we can meet up with the others. Salvaging a commander for some arm transplants doesn't hurt either. Our boys could use those arms; ain't that right Lana?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:51 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm
Binder key found. Prisoner set free. The lieutenant also has a set of electrobinoculars.
swrider wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 pm
Vesper moves behind the Imperial (Lt. Pitts)...... She searches his belongings for anything of interest, such as a binder security key.
{EDIT} Lt. Pitts also has the following possessions. He does not resist as he is searched, but he does not cooperate, either. Thino's attempt at kindness goes unreturned. (One Threat) Your Charm attempt earns a 'sneer' from the Imperial.
  • another set of binders
  • electrobinoculars
  • general purpose scanner
  • blaster pistol
  • extra reload
  • comlink
  • 300 credits

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm
"Thank you kindly." Oona rubs at her wrists to bring some feeling back into her hands before rifling through the items on the lift, locating her own possessions.
Oona rifles through some discarded thermal blankets and clothing discarded on the floor of the skiff and finds (besides her own possessions) the following:
Spoiler:
  • thermal blankets (2)
  • long-range comlink (encum 2)
  • (2) backpacks
  • (2) military backpacks (one with 3 mods, one with 4...combining them gets to 5 on one.)
  • (10) extra reloads
  • (2) Utility Belts
  • (1) Light Repeating Blaster (encum 7)
  • 1,200 republic credits
  • (5)
    Frag Grenades
  • (2) Blaster Rifles

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:17 pm

At Pitts' sneer, Thino frowns, and taking the binders that were found on him, he uses them to restrain the imperial and speaks softly, "Very well then."

Standing up he looks over his shoulder at the newcomer. "I'm always interested in the bigger fry, when it's reasonable," he says as he starts walking towards the already restrained Cook and those surrounding him.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am

With the pragmatic grace of an experienced field agent, Oona assesses the equipment - she stuffs a thermal blanket into a backpack, picks up a grenade and adds it to her belt. Finally she grabs the repeating blaster, hefts it and, finding it to be too cumbersome, replaces it with a standard blaster rifle.

Throughout the process, she continues to converse without looking up. "Great, there's a General Tindale who could stand to be brought down a peg or two. But our priority has to be survivors - from what I overheard we went to ground in a number of caverns throughout the area. There could be many more of us around. I've been cut off in Echo base since early in the attack and I hadn't seen anyone in the bunker, though. Maybe there's someone out there knows the rendezvous location..."

Oona turns her attention to the Military backpacks. I wonder if any of these are a comms module. Combined with the com-link here... we could reach out to others within a couple hundred klicks on an encrypted channel.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm
Vesper blanches and gives the five other soldiers a glance. "Sorry about your squad mate. There's nothing I can do for him." She retrieves the snowtrooper rifle and makes her way toward Lanna and her prisoner. "You got a little bruised up there, girl," she tells the Wookiee. "Let me take a look at that."
The soldier, Brixx, follows Vesper over. The other soldiers remain back and help guard the enemy Lieutenant. "Thanks, Doc, for your help. Are you part of a rescue team? Is the Alliance taking back the base?" he says excitedly.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm
{EDIT} Lt. Pitts also has the following possessions. He does not resist as he is searched, but he does not cooperate, either. Thino's attempt at kindness goes unreturned. (One Threat) Your Charm attempt earns a 'sneer' from the Imperial.
  • another set of binders
  • electrobinoculars
  • general purpose scanner
  • blaster pistol
  • extra reload
  • comlink
  • 300 credits

Vesper tosses the items into the backpack given her by the soldiers to be dealt with later.
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am
The soldier, Brixx, follows Vesper over. The other soldiers remain back and help guard the enemy Lieutenant. "Thanks, Doc, for your help. Are you part of a rescue team? Is the Alliance taking back the base?" he says excitedly.
"Don't mention it. We soldiers look out for each other. We... We actually were away from base whenever the Imps took over. What the hell happened? Whatever you can tell us with these two prisoners within earshot, that is."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 am

Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am
"Don't mention it. We soldiers look out for each other. We... We actually were away from base whenever the Imps took over. What the hell happened? Whatever you can tell us with these two prisoners within earshot, that is."
"The Empire found us again." Brixx says sadly. "They sent Walkers at us. We held them off the best we could. Most of the transports made it away safely. Some stayed behind to guard their escape, others just weren't able to make the last transport out. We were lucky. We ducked into what was going to be the grav-ball arena and covered the entrance with snow."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am
With the pragmatic grace of an experienced field agent, Oona assesses the equipment - she stuffs a thermal blanket into a backpack, picks up a grenade and adds it to her belt. Finally, she grabs the repeating blaster, hefts it and, finding it to be too cumbersome, replaces it with a standard blaster rifle.

Throughout the process, she continues to converse without looking up. "Great, there's a General Tindale who could stand to be brought down a peg or two. But our priority has to be survivors - from what I overheard we went to ground in a number of caverns throughout the area. There could be many more of us around. I've been cut off in Echo base since early in the attack and I hadn't seen anyone in the bunker, though. Maybe there's someone out there knows the rendezvous location..."

Oona turns her attention to the Military Backpacks. I wonder if any of these are a comms module. Combined with the com-link here... we could reach out to others within a couple hundred klicks on an encrypted channel.

Thino nods, and gestures to where Oona has set down the repeating blaster, "Mind If I take a look at that," picking up the gun and aiming with it off into the distance while she continues her description of events, Has a nice heft to it, it’ll need a sling, but maybe I'll keep it.

After Oona finishes Thino lowers the LRB and looks towards her, "You're right, our priority must be the rescue and evacuation of any surviving rebel soldiers and determining where the randevu point is so that we can join with the rest of the alliance, but rest assured, I don't plan to allow any imps on this planet to return to the empire. We already discovered one group of rebels who had holed up, but do you have any idea how to find the others? "

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am

Thino nods, and gestures to where Oona has set down the repeating blaster, "Mind If I take a look at that," picking up the gun and aiming with it off into the distance while she continues her description of events, Has a nice heft to it, it’ll need a sling, but maybe I'll keep it.

After Oona finishes Thino lowers the LRB and looks towards her, "You're right, our priority must be the rescue and evacuation of any surviving rebel soldiers and determining where the randevu point is so that we can join with the rest of the alliance, but rest assured, I don't plan to allow any imps on this planet to return to the empire. We already discovered one group of rebels who had holed up, but do you have any idea how to find the others? "
Oona nods assent to Thino as he reaches for the rifle.

"There's a long range comlink here and I doubt anyone has gotten outside of a hundred kilometers since the attack. Unfortunately, I can't see any alliance comms module here that could scramble the signal."

To Brixx and Vesper, in hushed tones, "Sargeant, the Imperials here think there may be more survivors in the caverns. Do you know if anyone else made it out? Have you been in contact?". When she meets Brixx's eyes, Oona thinks she might recognise the Sargent, and he her.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 am

"Oona, is it? Yes, glad to see that you survived. We we're some of the last to leave. I don't see how anyone could have fled far beyond Echo Base. Maybe the Imperials know something we don't? If there is something out there, I was never told about it"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Vesper can't help but chuckle. "I kept telling the general that having a grav-ball court would be worth it! Wonder if my old grav-boots are still in there." She nods at the two captives. "What's the plan for these two? We should probably get everyone off this ice ball as quick as we can. Everyone who's leaving it, that is."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:39 pm

"We should order the ship to conduct another scan, see if any of the life form readings have changed.

Thino, if that thing has a tri-pod we should set it up on the back of the speeder. This thing doesnt seem to have any weapons and that blaster can send out one heck of a distress signal.

Lets get everything and everyone loaded onto the speeder we can drop them off at the ship before heading to the next life sign reading. Besides I could use a Popsicle right about now and think I might have left one on the ship.

Return to “The Story”