IC - "Return to Hoth"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Vesper comms the ship. "Ronin, look alive. Imps all over. What do the scanners say now about lifeforms in the area?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:51 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:30 pm
Vesper comms the ship. "Ronin, look alive. Imps all over. What do the scanners say now about lifeforms in the area?"
"Hold on.....it will take a few moments to scan in multiple directions. I'll get back with you shortly."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 am

Thino gestured to Lanna beckoning to her to move to the side so that he could whisper something to her, a quick suggestion to be threatening towards the commander so that Thino could appear to be his advocate. He hoped that the message had been understood.

With that taken care of, he walked over to the man and made himself eye-level with him, "So, I heard the other officer over there say you’re a Commander, are you the one leading this operation?"
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 am

Oona begins to usher the squad onto the repulse lift, providing a shoulder for any wounded. Catching sight of Commander Cooks, she steers clear, concerned that she could not control her actions, though the look she gives him is one of seething anger.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Thino saw the glare that Oona had provided and suspected that Cook had seen it as well. Soon Lanna would begin her aggression towards the man too if everything went as planned. I had hoped he would open up to me first but now seems to be the time to act

Seizing on the opportunity he had thino placed his hand on cook’s arm and tried to move him towards the transport. The commander responded by defiantly holding his place and making no effort to comply. Unbothered, Thino adapted to the situation ”that’s ok, you don’t got to talk or move just yet if you don’t want to, I understand that you’re a bit at your wits end right now, but I’ve got a proposition that I need you to listen to.”

Thino turned and motioned to someone close by before whispering to them just loud enough for Cook to hear, ”Make sure that when we load up the other prisoner that they are on the opposite end of the transport from the commander and myself. ”

Turning back to the Commander Thino continued, ”I’m in the business of saving lives Commander, and there are lives that I’m hoping that you’ll be willing to help me save, considering that by doing so you will be helping me to save yours as well. My companions here do not like you nor do they mean you well, but I seek to preserve all life and will step in on yours and your lieutenant’s behalf. This is a very simple trade, a life for a life, do you agree?”
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:09 pm
Thino saw the glare that Oona had provided and suspected that Cook had seen it as well.

Seizing on the opportunity he had Thino placed his hand on cook’s stem and began to move him towards the transport,
The Commander does not move with you and sternly holds his ground. (You may break off the conversation in a different direction (change your IC) or continue in the same conversation.)
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 am
"So, from your bars, I can see that you are a Commander, are you the one leading this operation?"
He is under a thick, thermal coat. You only know that the Lieutenant called him "Commander". Perhaps he has his uniform on underneath.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:35 pm

As the "interrogation" continues in the background, Oona's resolve snaps. She turns from her charges at the repulsor lift and storms over to Cooks, all but charging across the ground. Bound and stoic as he is, she feels nothing but contempt for her would be captor.

She stops abruptly a few short feet from the prisoner and spits violently on the ground between them. She pitches her voice low, rough. "You pathetic piece of bantha dung, Cooks. You just reconsider spilling your guts." She kicks up a shower of ice aggressively, "If you don't talk to these softies you can deal with me and I'd just love to bury my boot in that yellow gut of yours." adrenaline pumping, she pictures the chaos and fear rippling through Echo Base as the Empire began it's attack. The nausea she felt when she realised she'd been left behind. The fear of being stranded here. With a roar she hefts the rifle she realises she has grabbed and slams the butt of the gun as hard as she can into the wall, close enough to Cooks that she ends up with her mouth right next to his ear. He should be able to feel her breath on his neck. If she weren't so amped up, the intimacy would be upsetting.

"You keep you mouth shut, Cooks. I'll enjoy leaving you here to freeze with a hole in your gut."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 pm

"You tell us about the other survivors right now or so help me... Who's in Echo base, Cooks? What's General Tindale doing with them in there?"
Spoiler:
:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:28 pm

While she waits for the results of Ronin's scan, Vesper asks Brix, "So what's in that facility you were hiding out in? I didn't think the grav-ball court ever got anywhere, but I was stuck in the med bay most of the time."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:28 pm
While she waits for the results of Ronin's scan, Vesper asks Brix, "So what's in that facility you were hiding out in? I didn't think the grav-ball court ever got anywhere, but I was stuck in the med bay most of the time."
There’s nothing much there except a hollowed-out glacier, tools, and some mining equipment. We managed to get the life support systems installed just a week ago, thankfully. We weren’t sure how long we should stay inside. With our meager rations and using melted snow for water, I figure we could have held out a few more days.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:15 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 pm
"You tell us about the other survivors right now or so help me... Who's in Echo base, Cooks? What's General Tindale doing with them in there?"
Spoiler:
:
1 Success, 1 Threat
The Commander is first taken aback by Oona’s brisk approach. She catches him off-guard. She wasn’t as brisk when the Imperials found her hiding outside of Echo Base earlier that day. He gathers his composure quickly and responds…

“Survivors? Do you SEE any survivors? Any survivors that might have survived their interrogation, I’m sure, were taken up to the nearest Star Destroyer for processing into a prison colony. The General is doing what he always does….rid the planet of you rebel scum! Echo Base is fully under the control of the Empire!” he says triumphantly!

“Why don’t you (Oona) cede to the inevitable and surrender right now. You are vastly outnumbered and won’t last long. “ he says, making an intimidating threat of his own!
Spoiler:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - interruption....

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 am

Oona is about to respond when she (and others nearby) hear a muffled, static-filled voice come from under the Commander's jacket.

Ksssshhhhhhk....Kssssk......"Commander Cooks, come in. Commander cooks, come in."

Oona rips open the Commander's jacket and pulls out a short-ranged comlink. Everyone (except Thino: failed perception roll) notices something ELSE under his jacket. Not a weapon, but some kind of datapad. It occurs to most that they did not search the person of Cooks as they did the Lieutenant.

"....ha....ha....ha....ha.... chuckles Commander Cooks.

"HA...HA...HA...HA!!!" he chuckles in a deep, guttural laugh (I imagine like the Predator or Jabba the Hutt).

Lanna reaches quickly for the object. The Commander stressfully resists to no effect, the Wookiee is simply too strong for him. The object is a type of datapad.
Spoiler:
Lanna; Uprising; Brawl:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 am

Furious, Oona rips the comlink from Cooks. "Why wasn't this man searched?!" She pauses a moment. Could any of us impersonate him? Comlinks aren't exactly known for their quality audio... Making a snap decision she throws the comlink to Helio, "You, find out what they want."

She pushes Cooks away from her with a derisive sneer, "You're in no position to make demands here, Commander." She turns away, dismissing him from her thoughts and immediately feels the anger that had been coursing through her begin to dissipate.

She takes a deep, steady breath and approaches Lanna. "What have you got there? Can you open it, or is it encrypted?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:51 pm

The big Wookiee shrugs her shoulders, "Rwa, Rwu, Rwoo". Not understanding Shyriiwook, that's still taken to be "I don't know".

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm
There’s nothing much there except a hollowed-out glacier, tools, and some mining equipment. We managed to get the life support systems installed just a week ago, thankfully. We weren’t sure how long we should stay inside. With our meager rations and using melted snow for water, I figure we could have held out a few more days.[/color]
"Damn." Vesper's eyes widen. "Glad we got to you when we did! But I was kind of hoping an old pair of grav-boots might have been in there. Any bit of levity you can find in these dark ti—"

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 am
Ksssshhhhhhk....Kssssk......"Commander Cooks, come in. Commander cooks, come in."
The sound of the comm coming on startles the doctor. "What the—" She rushes over to the bound commander and sees Oona hand the comlink to Helios and winces. Probably not the best person to try to impersonate a disciplined Imperial officer. To Hell, she suggests, "Uh… Maybe say you're one of the snowtroopers and the Commander's indisposed?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm

After seeing both Lanna and Oona eying the data pad Thino goes over to check it out, This might have the information I've failed to get out of the two imps

"Let's be careful with the pad, it might have a security feature on it and it could have some information we need."

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
After seeing both Lanna and Oona eying the data pad Thino goes over to check it out, This might have the information I've failed to get out of the two imps

"Let's be careful with the pad, it might have a security feature on it and it could have some information we need."
It may have a security feature. If you take the time ( a few moments) to examine it, then it is an Easy (1Diff) Computers check to determine if such a feature exists and what type it might be.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 pm
To Hell, she suggests, "Uh… Maybe say you're one of the snowtroopers and the Commander's indisposed?"
Hell looks back at her sticking his tounge out and raising one arm in an arch above his head. He then squats down a bit and jumps around making the sounds of primitve primates while pretending to scratch his head. Suddenly he stands up straight as a rod and rises the commlink.

"Actual here, What is your designation? You know better than to air my name over the radio!
Spoiler:
total 3 successes 1 advantage

Helios; Uprising; Deception coms:
4 Successes, 1 Advantage
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImage
Spoiler:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm
Hell looks back at her sticking his tongue out and raising one arm in an arch above his head. He then squats down a bit and jumps around making the sounds of primitive primates while pretending to scratch his head. Suddenly he stands up straight as a rod and rises the commlink.
"Actual here, What is your designation? You know better than to air my name over the radio!"
There is an awkward pause from the other end. Then, "Sir, please repeat. Report status and position."
Spoiler:
Hell can make a Deception check. If he is spouting gibberish to confuse and bewilder (or delay), then AVG (2 Diff). If he's going to try to imitate the Commander accurately to deceive them to divulge information, then Hard (3 Diff + SB + Boost).
I figure you have heard him speak enough to gain a boost, but are unfamiliar with their protocols.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:08 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:23 pm
It may have a security feature. If you take the time ( a few moments) to examine it, then it is an Easy (1Diff) Computers check to determine if such a feature exists and what type it might be.
"May I see it, Lanna, I'm not the best with these devices but I have had a great deal of experience with them."
Thino waits patiently for Lanna's reply.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm
swrider wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm
Hell looks back at her sticking his tongue out and raising one arm in an arch above his head. He then squats down a bit and jumps around making the sounds of primitive primates while pretending to scratch his head. Suddenly he stands up straight as a rod and rises the commlink.
"Actual here, What is your designation? You know better than to air my name over the radio!"
There is an awkward pause from the other end. Then, "Sir, please repeat. Report status and position."
Spoiler:
Hell can make a Deception check. If he is spouting gibberish to confuse and bewilder (or delay), then AVG (2 Diff). If he's going to try to imitate the Commander accurately to deceive them to divulge information, then Hard (3 Diff + SB + Boost).
I figure you have heard him speak enough to gain a boost, but are unfamiliar with their protocols.
Hell provides them with the coordinates of where the droids went down. "We have located and dealt with the looters who disabled the our droids. We are initiating a sweep of the area now."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:08 pm
"May I see it, Lanna, I'm not the best with these devices but I have had a great deal of experience with them."Thino waits patiently for Lanna's reply.
The Wookiee hands it over. She's not one to deal with electronics much.
swrider wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 pm
Hell provides them with the coordinates of where the droids went down. "We have located and dealt with the looters who disabled the our droids. We are initiating a sweep of the area now."
"Looters? Droids? ... AFFIRMATIVE, Commander. No Rebels found on our sweep of the western quadrant. Prepare to receive us at the South entrance."

At about that point, a message is received over Veper's comlink. "Vesper, multiple readings coming west of Echo Base. They're approaching the south entrance!" says an excited and frightened Ronin from the ship.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:43 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 pm

At about that point, a message is received over Veper's comlink. "Vesper, multiple readings coming west of Echo Base. They're approaching the south entrance!" says an excited and frightened Ronin from the ship.
Vesper swears. "Roger that, Ronin. Get the ship ready to go. I don't think we'll be much longer. Over." Vesper turns to the others. "Maybe it's time to cut our losses and get out of here? Unless you want to ask if they have any of ours taken prisoner from the northern or eastern quadrants?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

"Should i have them meet us here. We could set up a nice little trap"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:34 pm

"We already have six wounded I haven't been able to treat yet, so I'm not eager to get into any more firefights. But we do need to know if they have any prisoners somewhere on planet."

Return to “The Story”