IC - "Return to Hoth"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:29 am

Vesper turns her attention to the Rodian. "All right, Thino; you're next. Lanna, a hand?" She rubs a salve onto the area of his injuries.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Medicine check:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

That's 3 wounds healed with the Surgeon talent. I think Thino was already at full Strain, so I'll save the Advantage for boosts.
"Hmm. The wound's being difficult. Let me look at it again in the morning." She chuckles. "Bet this isn't what you expected the Rebellion to be like, huh?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:53 am

Thino relaxes a little as the danger is well behind them, but remembers that they still have other things to take care of, “Thanks for looking after me doc, and no actually, it’s exactly what I expected. Been fighting dogfights like this my whole life trying to protect people.”
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:38 pm

"I meant the frostbite." She points to the darkened flesh near the wound. "I was able to treat the weapon damage. The frozen flesh might take a bit longer to heal. Be sure to take a warm shower when you get a chance." She packs up her things, ready to turn her attention to the Rebel soldiers further back in the ship. "Treating frostbite and blistered feet certainly wasn't what I expected when I signed up. But truth is, those are the most common kinds of injuries Rebels have. Thank the stars for that."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Vesper turns her attentions to the rescued Rebel soldiers next, with Lanna acting as her assistant. "You boys got real banged up back there... I'm going to apply these med-aid patches while I work on you."
Spoiler:
Using a med-aid patch on the 8/10 minion group.
3 Successes, 6 Advantages
2 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment 1 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
That's 4 Wounds healed thanks to the med-aid patch and Surgeon. Since they don't have Strain, I'll use the 1 Advantage or another boost on the next group of Rebels. The other 5 Advantage? Perhaps I find a couple of spare stimpaks in the medkit?
Spoiler:
Using another med-aid patch on the 10/15 group.
2 Successes, 7 Advantages, 1 Triumph,
2 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment 1 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yowzah. That heals them by 3 Wounds. Will take 1 Advantage for a boost to Vesper's check. Then that leaves 6 (!) more and a Triumph...

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 pm

"That should take care of all the dangerous stuff." She turns to two soldiers who had particularly onerous wounds. "But you two still look like you're in a lot of pain. For that, we have stimpacks." The doctor injects the two men with the serum, seeing them visibly relax a bit.
Spoiler:
Using a stimpack on each of the two Rebel groups. That heals an additional 6 Wounds for each (thanks to Stimpack Specaialization). Rebels should now be at 0/10 WT and 1/15 WT respectively.
"You should all be back to normal after a good night's rest."

Vesper finds the shackled Commander Pitts. "Now, no funny business," she says to him, crouching down and retrieving her medical scanner. "You got pretty banged up out there. Let me take a look at you."
Spoiler:
The hand scanner should let Vesper know his WT, ST (maybe), and if he has any critical injuries.
Last edited by SavageBob on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 pm

After the doctor fixes him up Thino gets up from his seat and starts going around the ship looking to see if there were anything he needs to fix or put right, running his hand along the bulkhead as he does to get a feel for her.
Spoiler:
Thino; Uprising ; Damage control:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage
“Let’s keep it together old girl”
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 am

Finishing what little repairs he could do on the inside of the ship, Thino thinks to check on his captive in the crew's mess, who barring a miraculous recovery, should still be unconscious and bound to his chair.

Walking towards the mess, playing toss with a hydrospanner, and doing the Rodian equivalent of whistling Thino was not expecting to see anyone else in the general vicinity save for maybe Lanna, who he had asked to keep an eye on the prisoner. So it came as no small surprise to find Vesper, who had explicitly expressed hostility towards the lieutenant, treating the man's wounds.

"Why hello doctor, I was not expecting you to be here."

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 am

"As soon as you took this man prisoner, he was protected under Treaty 421-B-21 of the Galactic Republic. That means we have to keep him fit and fed until such time as he can be tried as a traitor to the Republic. I'm our best bet on that fit part." She salves a wound, a bit impeded by the binders restraining the prisoner. "This doesn't look too bad..."
Spoiler:
5 Successes, 4 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 boost was rolled over from the previous Medicine check. I added a setback die for the binders. Let me know if another is warranted due to lack of cooperation or anything. He should be back to full health now. 4 more Advantages to use!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 am

Thino frowns at Vesper, “Tell me doctor, what is your goal in all this, the rebellion I mean, do you simply mean to reinstate the republic?”

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 am
Thino frowns at Vesper, “Tell me doctor, what is your goal in all this, the rebellion I mean, do you simply mean to reinstate the republic?”
Vesper gives Thino a look. Not in front of the prisoner. "That's above my pay grade. My job's to patch up our soldiers and keep our prisoner here hale and hardy." She begins putting away her medical implements and makes eye contact with the Imperial. "Speaking of which—you're pretty quiet."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Thino moves in closer to the lieutenant, “is he awake already? I thought I stunned him pretty good,” thino says as he starts s aping his fingers in front of the lieutenants face.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:54 am

"He's awake, all right. Just holding his tongue." Vesper retreats to a nearby bench. "I've done my job. He's your prisoner, Thino. Have at it." The medic then begins to work on her own wounds.
Spoiler:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Difficulty +1 for healing self, but then -1 for the Medical Datapad. That heals the Critical Injury. 1 Advantage for +1 boost on next Medicine check, 1 Advantage to regain 1 Strain.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 am

The Imperial at first only stares straight ahead (up) at the ceiling. Then he realizes the green Rodian is there. The same Rodian who, on Hoth, calmly asked him about the number of troops at the base. The Imperial rolls his eyes and turns his head slightly away from the green alien.
Spoiler:
A Charm attempt will be CDD (red-purple-purple) + 2 Setbacks, mostly due to this being the 2nd time around and a DP flip by the GM.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Oona finds an empty bunk and stows her gear in the compartment. From around the corner, she can hear the sound of voices. Intrigued, she eases along the corridor until she stands outside the [mess?] where Lt. Pitts is being held.Should I get myself involved in this?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Thino saw Pitts turn the other way and roll his eyes. He goes over to stand in front of him before kneeling down to look up at his face that is still turned away while examining the bindings that he had used to secure him earlier, "This is a bit of a different situation that we find ourselves in now, isn't it. I'm sorry we had to take you with us but I didn't want you to end up being executed, and I also knew that we couldn't let you live and stay behind to report on us, so it seemed like the best course of action. How are you feeling, do you want food or maybe just some water, for now, I know those stun blasts can be a little nauseating."

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:06 pm

The Imperial makes no response to your offer. He moves his head to stare blankly at the ceiling, takes a deep breath, and then closes his eyes. It could be that hunger or thirst has not set in yet since it's only been a brief time since we left.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Thino nods knowingly, this would be a hard man to get on the good side of, especially since in his perspective, they were on the bad side. "I understand, you don't want to collaborate with the enemies of the Empire, the good doctor doesn't want to assist the 'enemies of the Republic,' so here we are facing each other as if we are meant to be fighting one another."

Gesturing back at vesper he continues, "Doc here tells me that they won't hurt you because of republic treaty 421-B-22 or something like that, but that doesn't matter too much to me, I saved you because it was the right thing to do, not for some now defunct Republic treaty, but then again would you have honored that treaty if you captured us? The Empire is the heir to the Republic isn't it?"

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Lt. Pitts seems determined to be silent at the moment. The 'niceties' and 'pleasantries' seem to have no visible effect. Perhaps later they will.
Spoiler:
if you make any sort of skill check, please put it within the IC in a {spoiler} so that it goes with the story.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Thino moves to start making them both some tea, continuing his discussion while he did, ignoring the Lt.'s silence and treating him like an active participator in the discussion. "It's not like I don't get it, back on Mandalore, where I lived with my adoptive father, we had many friends who went to the Imperial Academy seeing it as the legitimate government, and I'm not going to argue against that, it was voted on by the Republic and was all perfectly legal. But the republic was legal before too, and it did plenty of things I don't agree with,"

Thino frowned, "I want to make something better than that, otherwise what is the point." After saying this he moved back over to where Pitts was tied up and placed both cups down on the table, sitting next to him, "Would you like some tea Lt., By the way, you never told me your name?"
Spoiler:
Thino; Uprisjng; Charm:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Vesper repacks her medkit as Thino tries to sway the prisoner. The pain in her shoulder causes a grimace, so she takes one of her precious few remaining stimpacks and jabs herself with it.
Spoiler:
Only two more stimpacks left! :shock:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:05 am

Oona listens to Thino's one sided conversation while she hovers outside in the passageway. Her feelings regarding his politics aside, it seems to her that the Rodian is doing a pretty good job.

She puts her head quickly through the doorway to get a look at the prisoner and believes she can see a flicker of uncertainty behind his steely look.

Satisfied that Thino has the situation in hand, Oona returns to her bunk to get her head down.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

The lieutenant since up a little bit in bed and takes the cup of liquid that you offer.

"Lieutenant Pitts, Gerdon Pitts."

Return to “The Story”