"UPRISING" IC (Life on Hoth)

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: "UPRISING" IC (Life on Hoth)

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Thino was not unaware of Lanna's reaction and he couldn't help himself from frowning a little. He could gather why, he had needed to defend Ronin's actions, but had he been in the Wookie's position he would also find himself feeling the same disbelief. His only hope was that the man who had been questioning him would find his statements more believable.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm

that's enough insults if you will. I'm getting the job done. If you have a problem with that turn me in to the empire. I've been on the wrong side of their taking for too long. I'm doing what I can for the rebellion. Which by the way is completing the mission, not twiddling your thumbs and playing pretend.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Vesper is taken aback by the man's defensiveness. "Whoah, whoah, calm down. I asked a simple question: How are you so free to talk about the Rebellion with this Marax fellow? Why aren't you worried you'll be overheard and... taken care of... with him or his people?"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm

sighs we need to complete the mission, that is my style. And if you don't like it, you'll have to play mercenary somewhere else.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm
sighs we need to complete the mission, that is my style. And if you don't like it, you'll have to play mercenary somewhere else.

Vesper signs. "We don't seem to be getting anywhere this way. Maybe we should start at the beginning. My name is Vesper Reshari. What's your name?"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

alright, I'm Ronin Wayne. You asked me how I have been on the wrong side of taking. My parents were killed and me Imprisoned. I've seen too much too let this go.
Spoiler:

Anyone with appropriate checks(maybe) could tell I'm not saying everything. But that's all he's saying

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Vesper gestures toward the Wayne's Rodian companion. "I see that your friend here has already met Lanna." She addresses the Rodian, "So care to introduce yourself? I take it you're somehow affiliated with Mr. Wayne?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm
Vesper gestures toward the Wayne's Rodian companion. "I see that your friend here has already met Lanna." She addresses the Rodian, "So care to introduce yourself? I take it you're somehow affiliated with Mr. Wayne?"
Thino achknowledged Vesper with a nod, ”My story is not so different than young Ronin’s, so I understand his brevity and quickness and ask you not to judge him harshly for what may be viewed as impatience.”

Thino readied himself and closed his eyes as he began to speak. He was not accustomed to telling this story and he was not looking forward to doing so, but he knew he needed to give these people something if they were going to trust him. “My parents were killed during the clonewars when both Republic and Separatist ships emerged suddenly from hyperspace, surrounding thier shuttle.”

He paused for a moment and let out a sigh,“My sister who had raised me after that was later killed by criminals she had been tracking off world, who had been exploiting the local populace under the protection of the local police force that the Imperial Govenor of that planet put in place. Her husband, adopted me and explained that she and her had been trying to help people that the government should have been protecting but wasn’t.”

Turning directly to vesper now, “I do what I do because people need protecting and I’ve never encountered government that is willing to do it. I go where people need me, that’s why I can speak Shyriiwook and several other languages. I’ve never been one to trust in organizations to do what they say they will but with the destruction of a certain space station and the passion with which my friend Ronin defends the Rebellion that has changed somewhat.”

“I don’t share some idealized view of the Republic that the Empire grew out of, and I don’t know if the Rebellion will do a better job than the Empire if they should succeed in overthrowing it, but I’d rather be close by to make sure that it does.”
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 am

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm
alright, I'm Ronin Wayne. You asked me how I have been on the wrong side of taking. My parents were killed and me Imprisoned. I've seen too much too let this go.
"Killed? Imprisoned?" replies Kettel as he looks to Thino and Ronin. "So much death. So much destruction. So much oppression." says Kettel with his voice trailing off and his head dipping in sadness as he speaks. "I've lost count of the numbers of friends I've lost to such things."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Vesper feels the silence for a moment before speaking. "Yes. Too much death and destruction. I was there when the Empire bombarded Ralltiir to stop the Rebels there. I tended to the wounded. We all do what we can to help the victims of this war. But that bombardment showed me what the Empire's capable of. It's not pretty."

She turns again to Ronin. "But it sounds like you feel comfortable enough to talk about the Rebellion openly, Mr. Wayne. Which brings us back to this Marax. What do you two know about him? Aren't you worried he might sell you out to the Empire? You know these 'entrepreneurial' types..."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Thino did know these ‘entrepreneurial types’ to use the doctor’s expression. They claimed to be honest businessmen but 9 times out of 10 they were as much a criminal as any Vigo in the Black Sun organization, and it was more than once when a poor community that was being taken advantage of by such a person had called on his skills to aid them. He was also hard pressed to figure out why Ronin spoke so openly to the man, but he wasn’t going to say anything. He wasn’t willing to accept that he had bet on the wrong Fathier, it after everything they’ve been through.

Currently on Dubai time

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm

I can, and do, because I must. The mission is first, ourselves second. I know those entrepreneurial types, but I have to trust someone

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm
I can, and do, because I must. The mission is first, ourselves second. I know those entrepreneurial types, but I have to trust someone

"OK, I'll bite. What's this 'mission' you keep mentioning?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 am

"Ronin, Think Thino, I sense that you are very sincere in your pursuits. We might be empathetic to your cause, from a certain point of view. What if I told you we could put you in contact with some known Rebellion members in the Anoat Sector if you came along with us to deliver these supplies? It is not my place to give more details, but I could arrange a meeting." says kettel.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 pm

alright. Maybe if I go there I'll find more people playing pretend and all my questions will be answered(joking tone here)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm

"Hey, 'playing pretend' keeps people alive. But if you trust this Marax guy, that puts me a little more at ease. But only a little."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Thino was becoming a bit annoyed, this was not the behavior he expected from Ronin, and he understood that some buttons were being pushed but and that secrecy needed to be maintained, but after seeing the way that Ronin had comported himself with the merchant, and how think knew he was capable of behaving from their own interactions, this hostile abrasiveness was just too much.
what is the point of this? Is Ronin placing pride before results? He’s gambling with our lives so freely but treats a minor wound to his pride like the end of the galaxy!!! If this is all we were going to do then I’m better off helping the people as a bounty hunter.

Thino frowns and cuts the speakers off, with a great deal of annoyance in his accented basic,”Tell me, are these Rebels you want to put us in touch with related to the group that destroyed the Empires super weapon, because if they are I will go with you. I’m interested in taking larger steps in ending the empire, otherwise I could do more in my old career as a protector.”
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:38 am

"I've heard rumors, as such, yes. I believe so! So, you are agreeable, then!"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:58 pm