IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Oona, Vesper, Kettel.... w/ Larwin Henso

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 am
"I told ya', they were looking for TRAITORS. Member of the Rebellion. Of course, they didn't find any. We're no Rebels, nor are we hiding any. They said some space transport went through The Corridor the day before. If they did, then they didn't stop here."
Vesper nods. "Ah, didn't realize it was a one-off raid. Let's hope it was a one and done. So where can we find this Mazlum?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by swrider » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 am

"Impressive family business. Seems like you guys have a lot of fun here. Must have been one heck of a party." Hell says with a smirk at the obviously tussled up look of the place.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Oona, Vesper, Kettel.... w/ Larwin Henso

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 am
Vesper nods. "Ah, didn't realize it was a one-off raid. Let's hope it was a one and done. So where can we find this Mazlum?"
Larwin replies, "We're NOT big enough to attract anyone's attention, it was just those people they were looking for."
"Mazlum keeps the records, profit and loss. He keeps upstairs, but, before we waste his time, there's the matter of the docking fee. 600 credits. Then, I can see about arranging a deal."

The nearby ship crew listens in on the conversation.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am

Oona had taken a step back, still uncertain of her position within this strange new group of compatriots, happy to let Vesper take a conversational lead. However, at the mention of 600 credits docking fee she bullishly pushes herself in front of Henso once more.

"600 credits?! Come now, Mr Henso. I think you and I both know that is a ludicrous sum. I appreciate an entrepreneurial spirit and sure, out here I'd expect a bod to give an inflated figure for negotiation. But 600 credits? That is a grossly inflated figure - I would perhaps expect to pay 600 credits to dock on Coruscant. If we were delivering to the upper districts. Here? In the outer rim? If this were on a trade route I'd expect to be paying 15 or 20 credits a day!

No, really, come on now. I appreciate you've got your hardships here and we're not unsympathetic. Perhaps we're willing to be magnanimous. No one here is a fan of the sort of Imperial interference you've fallen victim to. But please, let us be realistic."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "The Fee"

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm

The Duros Larwin, grimaces at hearing your argument, an argument which he knows to be true. The owners are used to charging high prices patrons in this distant corner of space, you suspect.

"FINE! he says with an air of frustration, but then a polite, forced smile. "But this is a VERY REMOTE sector of space, so you'll have to understand the SLIGHTLY higher than normal docking fees. Labor is difficult to come by and supplies are at a premium, not to mention the threat of piracy around every corner."

"150 credits."

Mazlum is in the Master Suite at the top of the station. He likes to figure his numbers "under the stars", as he says. I can take you up there in a few minutes."

He then turns to some Ugnaughts and labor droids and bemoans the fact that the place looks a mess. "Can't you get this mess cleaned up any faster? Damn those Stormtroopers!"
"No, no, not NOW. Tend to the customer's ships, THEN clean this UP!!!"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Thino, still a bit annoyed by the fact that the Duros lied about not having a spare cigarra, approached the nearby Vesper, Oona, and Kettle after they had finished the negotiation, a look of irritation on his face, "When you're done here, lets meet back at the ship, there are things that need to be discussed."

Thino then walked towards the ship on a path that would intersect with Helios so as to give him the same message.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 am

"Thanks, Mr. Larwin. We'll just be a few minutes on the ship. After that, I'm looking forward to meeting Mazlum." She smiles to the Duros and then follows Thino onto the ship.

Finding the Rodian on board, she asks, "What's got you all riled up? Oona talked him down from that outrageous docking fee."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 am

Oona takes a breath and puts on her best 'daughter of a senator' smile. "Thank you, Mr Henso." She looks him square in the eye and offers her hand to shake before she returns to the ship to hear what Thino has to impart.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:06 am

The group meet aboard the Red Dawn and begin to discuss their options.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 pm

"Alright..." says Captain Kettel. "Looks like we're going to have to do some wheeling and dealing. Maybe a little lying, hopefully no stealing. "

"Ideas, anyone?"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Ronin looks toward the captured lieutenant. so do you have anything of use to us, if not, I'll be extremely disappointed. Come on, we might be able to make things easier on you
Spoiler:
I'm planning on using charm difficulty
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Hell bends down to pet his imaginary pet Nexu pulling the cigara from his mouth and placing it into the imaginary pets mouth. The cigara floats in mid-air as hell turns to speak to the group. "We could try the straight up approach. They seem like nice enough people. I do recommend we get only the repairs we need done here and get enough fuel to get somewhere else. The Imperials have already been here once, they may be coming back. Who knows they may have left survailance equipment here. Anybody know somewhere else we can get fuel?" Once he is done speaking he kneels back down and retrieves the cigarra putting it back in his mouth. "Good Girl, your a good girl" He wispers quietly making petting motions.
Spoiler:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm

"Captain, Sir. I am inclined to agree with Hell." Oona casts a curious glance from floating cigara to crazy pilot before continuing, "Larwin, at least, seems genuinely perturbed by the imperials and I think is unlikely to be concerned about our run-in with them. I see no reason for him to withhold assistance. Other than greed."

"In the long run, I think it seems obvious that we should prepare ourselves to track down the missing Rebel Transport. However, I should note that the station's guards fit the description of a group of fanatical mercenaries called Jannisaries. I've heard that their leader has set himself up as some sort of demi-god - we should be wary of him. I imagine that they must be in the employ of someone here with some connections, though. It might serve us well to talk to them. Perhaps they know something about the transport."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:30 pm

"Fanatical mercenaries. Great. Just what we need," Vesper says as if to the universe itself. "We have some cargo to barter in exchange for the repairs, but let's hope we don't have to get rid of all of it. Hoth or no Hoth, the Alliance needs medkits, underwear, and servomotors. I'd love to hold on to as much as we can for if and when we get back to the fleet."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 pm

Thino crosses his arms in consternation, "These Jannisarries are not our only problem here, although they are allarming. One of those duros out there told me a bit about a crew out here which belongs to a large crime syndicate in this sector, and told me that they are not reluctant to pick up anyone they think they can turn in for a bounty. I can tell you they aren't professional hunter's which makes them more dnagerous, and we need to be careful. And that means don't give anyone any reason to think we are who we are."

Thino began to reach into a small space where he had stowed the datapad and takes it out and passes it to kettle, "Also there are some things on this pad I think you all need to see, it contains notes that the comander I gunned down was taking"
Spoiler:
Cook's datapad seems to have personal notes from a recent meeting. You only have moments to review them before you land.
Points of order:
 Transfer remaining prisoners to Star Destroyers.
 Blockade hyperspaces lanes leading in and out of the Anoat Sector
 Location of Rebel Fleet….unknown.
 Heavily damaged Rebel transport likely did not escape the sector, search underway
 Covert Imperial Fuel Depot on Ione, minimal presence to maintain secrecy
 Depot Security Code: Y75D9SV25EK
 Personal Computer Code: EA46G723P79
"Hell you were talking about a place to get fuel, don't know how long we want to stick around here, but there is a fuel depot listed on here under Imperial control that we could get to, but we need to do it quick since they are planning to block the hyperspace lanes."
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am

Cpt. Kettel nods his head in approval as Thino speaks. "MOST interesting!"

{Helios can make an Easy (1 Diff) Astrogation check regarding what was just said to him.}

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:27 am

Taking her lead from Thino's suggestion, "Well, I suspect we know where the Imperials have taken the fuel they stole from this outpost, at least. If Larwin can't give us much fuel, or we can't afford what his brother asks, perhaps we can take what we need from Ione. Though that may be highly risky."

"Secondly... Secondly..."
Oona struggles to find her train of thought. She keeps glancing towards Helios' floating cigara, "I'm sorry, is anyone else - Hell, how are you doing that?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:23 pm

"Doing what? The fuel station is in the same sector as this, a block-aide around the sector wont be a problem as we wont be leaving it. Ione is a big planet perhaps I could get in with some of the less-scrupitable crowd and find a hyper-lane the imps don't know about. The other option is once we get fuel we find a place to lay low for a while and wait the imperials out."
Spoiler:
Helios knows that Ione is IN the Anoat Sector and we do not have enough fuel to get there from here. If the Imperials are, indeed, blocking hyperspace lanes "in and out" of the Anoat Sector (not within it), then we should not be impeded from getting there. Such is the astrogational knowledge that Helios possesses. Ison is to the left-center and Ione is to the right of that almost dead center of the map.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Vesper gives Oona a look as Hell's cigar dances in the air. "I'm guessing some kind of magician's trick?" She returns her attention to the group. "We might ask this Mazlum about little-known hyperlanes. We need his help to find buyers for our stuff anyway, so we can just feel him out to see if he knows any of these 'less-scrupitable' types Hell mentioned."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am

"Yes, you're probably right..." But it doesn't look like a trick. Damn, concentrate.

"We're just going to have to see what the Henso brothers want in exchange for repairs and fuel and hope we can get what we need for the supplies. I can help with negotiating a price. Perhaps Thino you'd like to help? You did some good work with the Lieutenant."

Spoiler:
OOC: I guess our objective here is to get the ship in shape to perform a search of the sector for signs of the rebel transport.

I think at this point we need to negotiate a price for repairs, upgrades to life support and as much fuel as the brothers can spare. Looks likely we'll need to requisition fuel from Ione though.

We also need to track down the trader and agree a fair price for our cargo.

I wonder if anyone on the station might be inclined to support an strike on Ione. Wither the brothers who had the Empire steal their fuel or these mercenaries?
Last edited by SanguineAngel on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm

"Before we start negotiating lets figure out how much fuel we need to purchase here and what repairs need to be done. We cant reach that imperial fuel depot at current levels, but it probably wont take a full tank to get there and then to a safe location if things go bad. With a little extra for unexpected occurrences. Same thing with the repairs. I doubt we will be attacking from the air so we really just need enough repairs to make us appear more acceptable. I can make the calculations, but would prefer someone assist or double check my work. We don't want to be short." Hell pets his Nexu once again and places the cigarra back in its mouth. This time holding it with his own hands for a moment before standing back up. "Calm down girl, the imperials are gone. Go watch over our prisoner will you sweetheart."
Spoiler:
"No, Well just lay down and take a nap."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 am

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm
Ronin looks toward the captured lieutenant. so do you have anything of use to us, if not, I'll be extremely disappointed. Come on, we might be able to make things easier on you
Lieutenant Pitts had been sitting up in a cot, nursing his wounds, and sipping on a cup of something. You've heard the other board the ship and it seems they are starting a meeting you should probably be in. Your passing remark has a surprising effect on the Imperial. He drops the strict Imperial discipline attitude and sits up a bit further to retort, "Listen, I'll give you some friendly advice, even though it is not my place to negotiate on behalf of the Empire. You seem like the reasonable one in this group. Listen..... you and your group of rag-tag rebel scavengers aren't the ones Lord Vader is after. They're looking for someone named 'Skywalker'. In fact, the Empire doesn't even know who you are. You and your friends could easily slip away into society and live long and prosperous lives..........under the fair and just rule of the Emperor. Life on the run is no way to spend one's life. Your reasonably enough to see that, aren't you?"
Spoiler:
:
Ronin's Charm check.
1 Success, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Lt. Pitts Charm vs Ronin:
Pitt's attempt to get on YOUR better side.
Charm (vs Cool) check upgraded once for Nobody's Fool.

4 Failures, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Lieutenant's advice seems reasonable to someone who wants to protect their own well-being, but his attempt at being 'friendly' comes off cold and calculating. He does not seem like the compassionate type. Still.....what he says has a reasonableness to it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:10 am

“Listen, ‘friend’…. I’m just a burden to you and this ship. Leave me off at some spaceport and I’ll be on my way. You all will be light years away before I can even beg some space transport for a ride to a backwards planet. Who knows if I’d ever even find an Imperial outpost? By that time, I’d of probably forgotten all about you and you little band of space-farers. Ask you friends if that's possible.” Lieutenant Pitts seems VERY sincere and reasonable to Ronin Wayne. He's probably right.... What could ONE lone Imperial officer do on some distant spaceport or backwards planet THIS far into the Outer Rim? It might be something to bring up to the others. Even though he seems cold and unfriendly, he does make some sense.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Lt. Pitts Deception check vs Ronin. :
Deception Check (vs Discipline) vs Ronin, upgraded once for Nobody's Fool
3 Successes, 1 Threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 am

After browsing the contents of the datapad with the others, Kettel speaks.

“Looks like leaving the sector is a no-go. Even if we have the fuel and life support capacity, it seems like the Empire has blocked our escape from the sector. We MUST work within the sector until the blockade is lifted. IF there IS a rebel transport still out there, then we should do our best to try and track it down before the Empire does. I don’t think ‘laying low’ is an option, Helios.”

“Raiding the fuel depot on Ione sounds fantastic, but it could be a difficult task. Sounds like there isn’t much security there, and we have a passcode, but we don’t know how much security is there. We could use some help doing that. But from who? Lord Marax is back on Mexeluine halfway across the sector.”

"Oona, maybe we can get some info from the people here…someone with connections. Perhaps someone DOES know something about that transport. Even a small, mining space station like this usually has some visitors and some recreational areas to socialize. We could try seeing what's out there. Maybe some of those "less-scrupitable types", Vesper, Helios?"

"Perhaps some of us could deal with this Mazlum character (or Larwin) and get us some fuel and repairs. The rest could scout about the station. ....and someone could watch the prisoner."

"I didn’t like the look of those guard, either,Thino. Let's do our best not to upset them!"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am

Ronin comes back to the others. guys! They aren't after us they're after a fellow names Skywalker. And, does anyone know the nearest imperial station. If it's far away enough, we could just leave him and then we'd have one led person to feed. He sounds reasonable enough to me
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Return to “The Story”