The Gerrenthum Run (IC)

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: The Gerrenthum Run (IC)

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 am
A minute!! have you seen how crazy things are out there? Could we meet him on the way?
"Ahem...... HIM????" the man exclaims incredulously.

"I think you may want to get your details together before you meet HER. That is, if she is on duty this evening. It's an Imperial Liaison office. They rotate shifts all hours of the day and evening."
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Hell can make a Charm check ImageImage to possibly get in. (Upgraded for that Despair)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun May 02, 2021 4:26 pm

Spoiler:
Helios:
2 Failures, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage

It doesn't matter I have my instructions and every minute we wait make the situation out there more dangerous. You'll have to stop us and if you do you'll be answering to the higher up for why this escalates into a full blow riot, or worse not me. Didn't you hear the explosions out there just minutes ago?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 03, 2021 3:07 am

Helios shows his defiance in his willingness to walk by building security. "Hey! HEY!!! I'm not done talking with you!! What do you think you're doing?" Helios proceeds a few steps when he sees the main turbo lift reach the main floor and a woman in a white uniform walks out. She steps two steps out, turns on one heel, and begins to walk this direction. The guard ceases his harassment of Helios and he stiffens up his posture.
Spoiler:
Lt. Comm.ISB.png
Lt. Comm.ISB.png (121.65 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
She is a strikingly-beautiful woman with golden locks of long hair. Her uniform is white with sleeves down to her wrists. Black belt, black gloves, and standard-issues Imperial black boots. A slightly better-than-average hold-out blaster at her side. She arrived exceptionally quick, as if she were already coming down the elevator for another reason when her presence was requested.

She walks stridently and confidently, her sandy-blonde locks of hair bouncing with each determined step. Each step is measured and sure, with no wasted movement. Stepping in unison behind her is an Imperial-uniformed guard dressed in all black. He has a heavy blaster at his side. He is a stern-faced, middle-aged man.

"Lieutenant Commander Amanda Starlight, How may I assist you?"

Spoiler:
CPT.jpg
CPT.jpg (28.87 KiB) Viewed 3389 times

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Finally someone with some sense. I have orders to send a broadcast throughout the city. There is rioting going on currently including explosions. This broadcast is the last effort to disperse the crowds and settle things down before more drastic actions are taken. Time is of the essense.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 10, 2021 2:51 am

swrider wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm
"Finally someone with some sense. I have orders to send a broadcast throughout the city. There is rioting going on currently including explosions. This broadcast is the last effort to disperse the crowds and settle things down before more drastic actions are taken. Time is of the essence."
"I am aware of the rioting."

"Orders??? FROM WHOM?"
she asks calmly as she gives you a once-over, looking for any sign of an insignia or rank. It is obvious that she does not rattle easily.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Helios takes a deep breath. My orders are from Major Kettle.

Spoiler:
Helios:
0 Success, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I didn't add it in above but could I get a another boost for using major kettles real name. After all Helios really is acting under his orders?

LOL doesnt matter

Helios:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:35 am

"Major Kettel? I've never HEARD of any Major Kettel. " she says derisively. She glances out through the front doors to see a uniformed person in the speeder outside. She may or may not connect your answer to the person waiting outside. You really can't tell.

"Imperial Army, no doubt. ......NOT I.S.B." (Major is a typical Army Rank, not one of the Imperial Navy). "I'm afraid this Major Kettel has little say as to what goes on inside this building."
(0 Successes)

"But I see that our Tech has arrived. GOOD!!!! Ahead of schedule!!" (1 Triumph!) Vesper is disguised as a technician with tools and tech gear from the ship, with probably some medical gear in there, too. "Our nanowave FTL compactor has been offline for 14 hours. I was told it'd be at least a 24-hour wait. EXCELLENT!!!”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:41 am

"As for this....message.... We'll have a look at it upstairs, won't we?" she says with a slight smile and a grin. Hell does not feel the need to comply. He holds his ground, not too sure to follow her or to hand over the data disk.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; A Check vs Hell's Cool:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Has ISB Operative talent "Natural Charmer". I will roll again!!! This is a Nemesis level character with their own hidden Talents and Abilities!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:48 am

"I'm sure you won't mind if I inspect its contents, will you?" Lt. Commander Starlight tries her best to be charming. She is quite talented and can portray herself in the best light when she wants to. However, something is not sitting right with Hell concerning her offer (Charm x2). She seems to have an ulterior motive. Perhaps she wants to see if it is something she can use to her advantage? Perhaps she sees through your ruse? Or, perhaps it was merely a simple request? She does not seem hostile or adversarial at this point (2 advs).
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; A Check vs Hell's Cool:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NUTS!!! Look at that!!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:27 am

I don't care who needs to look at it, I just need to get it on air. Let's get through whatever paperwork you require over with before we both end up paying the price.
Helios follows her to the turbolift and rides it to the end appearing in all ways to comply. He keeps his eyes open hoping to notice any traps or find the broadcast room.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:05 am

"Ah!! Chain-of-Custody, is it? I didn't know this was so "official"." says the Lt. Commander. "As ISB supervisor of this facility, I decide what gets broadcast and what does not. Paperwork or no paperwork. We will SEE about this urgent message!" Lt. Comm. Starlight is abundantly prideful of the fact that SHE is in charge and isn't shy about sharing that information with whomever she comes across.

With that, Ms. Starlight, the uniformed guard, Hell Loco, and Vesper Reshari get in the turbolift for the ride up.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:33 pm

I just hope you have cameras recording this conversation, If things go wrong I want it on the record that I did my job.
Off Topic
It is a subtle way of finding out about security systems, besides that he is going to wait until he has an idea of where he needs to go in the building. There is simply not enough time to rush around the building fighting hoping to find the broadcast equipment.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Ms. Starlight takes the comment in-stride, showing no reaction. Effectively ignoring it. The towering personal guard leans forward and hits the button for the top floor.
Off Topic
This turbolift has no cameras visible nor any glass or mirrors that would hide one. Simply lights and buttons. Hell DID notice an entry camera over the entry to the lift and expects there'll be one when they exit the lift.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:40 am

The turbolift exits into a communications room with number of things going on. The lighting is an odd mixture of dark and light. It is early evening, not quite sundown yet. To the left is the "Live Broadcast" center. This is where the local broadcaster goes on the air. No one is there at the moment. It is immaculately clean. Shiny, smooth, black flooring and white overhead lighting. Various screens behind the counter flash images of the weather, grav-ball highlights, local news, the most recent social restrictions, etc... There is a single, non-descript Gerrenthum guard manning the elevator entrance. He observes Ms. Starlight and her entourage and returns to staring straight ahead.

(1) news central.jpg
(1) news central.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 3226 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:45 am

To the right of the live broadcast area is a computer and data center. The ceiling angles slightly up to a second level. The top level is an observation center. A lone figure mans a station there. Screens are lit up behind him. On the floor level are rows and rows of processor centers and data banks.

Immediately to the right is a control station. With four monitors above it, it seems like one can do many things from here.

(2) data ctr.jpg
(2) data ctr.jpg (162.96 KiB) Viewed 3226 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:51 am

That control console juts out just a bit, separating a small room from the open area. Three figures are in there monitoring screens and examining a hologram of the city. A casual observation indicates they are keeping tabs on the evening's demonstrations. The room has stairs lead up to the previously-mentioned seconds tier.

(3) comm ctr.jpg
(3) comm ctr.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 3226 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:04 am

"Well...." she says turning to Vesper and Hell. "Welcome to our broadcasting center. Would you kindly hand over your comlinks? They have the potential to cause interference with communications on this level. They'll be returned to you upon your departure."

"How forgetful of me!!! I didn't even ask for your names. You are......?????"
she asks as she waits on Hell's response (intending to get to Vesper next).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:28 pm

Hell looks around the room intentionally wide eyed then stairs her in the eye. I am buzz light-year of Star Command ( I'll flip a dp if available to make this a local childrens fictional character). He then begins rushing around the room making fake blaster noises and spouting tag lines from the show. Hell will rush and jump the guard in character calling the guard woody and saying how happy he is to see him again!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:52 am

Lt. Comm Starlight stands there with her mouth hanging open. The stern, stone-faced guard that accompanies her does not what to do. "What the?????!!!"

"Star Command..... the children's holovid.... They must be holding live auditions again. UGH.... This nutcase must think he's impressing someone. (Destiny Point by Hell)

She slaps her head to her forehead and shakes her head back and forth.

"I KNEW that none of that story was checking out!! she exclaims.
Spoiler:
Hell's failed Charm check combined with her TWO failed Charm checks versus him left her with a lot of uncertainty....and questions.

She then looks at Vesper. "YOU!!!! Are YOU in on this? Auditioning for a part or are you hear to look at my nanowave FTL compactor?"

"Oh!!! I don't know WHAT he is doing!"
(Truthful!! Her mouth is agape, as well!!.) After her moment of astonishment, Vesper had begun to reach deep into the toolbox for her hidden blaster, thinking THIS was the distraction for them to make their move.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:54 am

Lt. Comm. Starlight nods her head towards Hell and the elevator guard takes notice. Somewhat astonished by this moment of activity, the elevator guard makes a hop-step and begins to stride towards Hell and the guard he is entangled with.

Return to “The Story”