Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Kzar Rook

Post by Kal Drahr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 am

Name: Kzar Rook
Height: 6'2"
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Description: Kzar is a slightly above average height human who wears heavy clothing and a wide brimmed hat.
----
Available/Earned XP: 0/30
Species: Human
Duty: Combat Victory(0)
Motivation: Oath(Departed)
----
Career: Smuggler
Specilization(s): Gunslinger, Force Sensitive Emergent,
Force Powers: Enhance
Talents: None
----
Derived Attributes:
-Wound Threshhold: 0/12
-Strain Threshold: 0/13
-Soak: 3
-Defence: 0/0
----
Stats:
Brawn: 2
Agility: 3
Intellect: 3
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 3
Presence: 3
Force Rating: 1

General Skills:
-Coercion(Cr)(Will) 1
-Cool(Cr)(Pr)
-Coordination(Cr)(Ag)
-Deception(Cr)(Cun)
-Discipline(Will) 1
-Perception(Cr)(Cun)
-Piloting(Space)(Cr)(Ag) 1
-Negotiation(Pr) 1
-Skullduggery(Cr)(Cun)
-Streetwise(Cr)(Cun) 1
-Vigilance(Cr)(Will) 1

Knowledge Skills(Int):
-Underworld(Cr) 1
-Outer Rim(Cr)

Combat Skills:
-Ranged(Light)(Cr)(Ag) 1
----
Talants and Abilities:
Enhance:
-Basic: May roll Force Die qual to Force Rating when making an Athletics check, spend FP to add Success or Advantage to the roll;
Gunslinger Talents:
Force Sensitive Emergent Talents:
----
Weapons and Armor:
-K16 Bryar Blaster Pistol
--Damage: 6
--Critical: 3
--Special: Stun Setting
--Hard Points: 2/2
-Heavy Clothing
-+1 Soak
Gear:
-Comlink
-Utility Belt
----
Background: Kzar grew up on Concordia living a normal life until he was discharged from the Imperial academy, he had mouthed off to his superiors one too many times. He joined a group called the Mando Millitia who were trying to free Mandalore but when they began their march towards the capital they were mowed down by TIE Fighters, while most of the members died a few, including Kzar, made it away. they split up realizing that alone they would be murdered. Kzar turned to smuggling and was successful enough to live until the Battle of Yavin, when he started working some for the Aliance to Restore the Republic. When they told him that if he allowed them to borrow his ship for one mission they woud give him false transponder codes, he let them. Unfortunently his ship was destroyed and he was left stranded at the Rebel base on Hoth.

Personality:While Kzar is easygoing around those he knows and is comfortable with, he presents and icy demeanor towards strangers. He is welcoming towards those who offer to help him while hindering him will only earn his displeasure.
Last edited by Kal Drahr on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Re: Kzar Rook

Post by Stneu73 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 am

One thing I noticed is you put that discipline is linked with presence. Also you're soak should be 3 not 1. Otherwise looks good!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:29 am

Looks good!
Soak should be 3

Could you elaborate on Clear Skies and Oath: Departed when you have time? They don't sound familiar to me and I don't have all the books on hand.

Personality & Background: Since it is not an Age Of Rebellion character, you likely came into working with the Alliance similar to Luke or Han Solo. Or, perhaps you are a soldier or some sort, just with a different career path?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 pm

BTW, I put a note in party creation thread concerning Kzar. To simplify, I wasn't sure if you intended the force-user idea to 'dominate your destiny' or whether Kzar simply has an unexplained knack for a thing or two. I didn't have plans to explore a person's force destiny within the campaign. I just don't want you to expect as much.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:33 pm

I was thinking similar to Han.

I wasn't planning on him being a overt force user until I invested in more open uses of the force(i.e. Move, Bind,) and I was going to wait a while to do that, so ne real damper in my plans for character development.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: background

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm

One consideration in background is whether to be linked with another PC. Svae Xor Voe, I think, plans to have the group ship, the RedDawn. I think we are mostly hanging at the point of backgrounds. To join or not to join!!! You could be a copilot, partner, or such. Please feel free to approach others with ideas you may have for that. That being said, you can be a newbie-loner, too. Nothing wrong with that.

Kal Drahr

Re: background

Post by Kal Drahr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:06 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm
One consideration in background is whether to be linked with another PC. Svae Xor Voe, I think, plans to have the group ship, the RedDawn. I think we are mostly hanging at the point of backgrounds. To join or not to join!!! You could be a copilot, partner, or such. Please feel free to approach others with ideas you may have for that. That being said, you can be a newbie-loner, too. Nothing wrong with that.
I can't think of a logical way for them to have met as Kzar was the captain of his own ship, perhaps they know of each other by reputation though.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Help me out on...
Duty: Clear Skies(0)

Not getting anything on the google search.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 pm
Help me out on...
Duty: Clear Skies(0)
Duty: Clear Skies ... Forged in Battle pg.17 (My not-so-legal copy is missing pages 16 & 17, I just discovered.)

Motivation: Oath(Departed) ... Keeping the Peace pg.33
Departed: The character has lost someone, or perhaps one too many someones, and carries on in that person's honor. Perhaps the dead were family, friends. or comrades-in-arms. Regardless of the specifics of their lives and deaths, they persist in the principles that guide his character Questions of what the departed would want weigh heavily on the character's mind and help to form the character's moral compass.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Duties

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 pm

I am thinking it is more of a starfighter/pilot Duty. That's why I was concerned. Can't earn Duty when you're not shooting down enemies (whether it's by piloting or gunnery).

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:48 pm

Based on what that Duty is, he's going to have a problem with earning bonus Duty, which is when his individual Duty triggers. PCs can still earn Duty for accomplishing mission goals, regardless of what their individual Duty happens to be. His individual Duty will almost never trigger. Unless the GM specifically manipulates a mission to include his Duty type. In which case the rest of us will have big problems. I have zero desire to face off against TIEs with just a man-portable missile. Despite what we see in Star Wars Rebels, in the RPG it's suicidal.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 am

If it's from Forged in Battle, I doubt it has anything to do with spaceflight. Could be wrong, though.

ETA: Ah, I see from the other thread that it has to do with taking out enemy aircraft before they can take off.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am

Might change duty due to the excellent points brought up by @ShadoWarrior.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:15 am

Kal Drahr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am
Combat Victory is rather simple. You lost someone and want to take it out on the enemy.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:15 am
Kal Drahr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am
Combat Victory is rather simple. You lost someone and want to take it out on the enemy.
Switched to that.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 am

Great! Post in Dram Pers. Hope to start VERY soon!

2 ways to track your progress.
1) post Kzar. Make 2nd post beneath it. Edit that post each time you add something rather than creating a long line of subsequent posts.
2) put a Spoiler on your sheet. Add progress within that. Edit the Spoiler each time.

I (the GM) will track your condition on the "Whose Turn Is It" under "Discussion OOC". You are welcome to track your condition on your own, if you'd like.

Return to “Character Concepts”