None

Clothing & Armor
Heavy Clothing (50)

Gear:
Lock Picking Tools (50)

Weapons
Blaster Pistol (400)

Background
Svae Xor Voe is named after a great Polis Massan Jedi during the Old Republic. S(he) kind of resents it but still wants to live up to the name, she however goes by Voe.

Polis Massa was a bit too small for Voe's big spirit. She wasn't really into archaeological digs and finding ancestors or medicine. She wanted to explore the skies and space. See the stars. She got a job on one of the shipping freighters when she was old enough and worked her way up the ranks eventually becoming First Mate of the Red Dawn (or insert other name here) (Insert Description of ship here. do you want this to be the ship we use in the campaign? I'm cool with it either way). She worked hard on the different aspects of the business, but she loved flying. She wasn't amazing but always did when the opportunity arose.

In her travels her view on the galaxy evolved. Watching the empire come to power and treat aliens with such disdain and even enslaving some races. She needed to do something about it, but she couldn't right now. She lived a few more years with this in her heart until she (got her own ship the insert name here /became captain of insert name here when the old captain retired.)

When she could she found the rebellion and started supplying them and running goods for them.

Description
Voe is average height for a Polis Massan and scrawny too. Circular Face and gray eyes.

Motivation: Species Rights

Personality
TBD (this will change based on Voe being a guy or girl)

Duty (10): Resource Aquisition

Credits: 0

Character Creation:
Spoiler:
Agi 2 to 4 (70xp)
Cun 2 to 3 (30xp)

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Svae Xor Voe 2.0

Post by Stneu73 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:34 am

Svae Xor Voe 2.0

Species: Polis Massan
Homeworld: Polis Massa
Career: Ace
Specializations: Pilot

Unspent XP: 0
Earned XP: 30
Total XP: 130

Wound Threshold: 0/9 Strain Threshold: 0/14 Soak: 2 Defense: 0/0
Encumbrance: 1/6

Brawn: 1 Agility: 4 Intellect: 4 Cunning: 2 Willpower: 3 Presence: 1

Career Skills:
Astrogation 0
Cool 0
Mechanics 2
Perception 1
Piloting (Planetary) 2
Piloting (Space) 2
Gunnery 1
Ranged Light 1

Other Skills:
Medicine 1

Talents:

Let's Ride : Once per round, may mount or dismount a vehicle or beast, or enter a cockpit or weapon station on a vehicle as an incidental.

Full Throttle: Take a Full Throttle action; make a hard piloting check to increase a vehicle's top speed by 1 for a number of rounds equal to cunning.

Clothing & Armor
Heavy Clothing (50)

Gear:
Comm (25), Stimpack (25)

Weapons
Blaster Pistol (400)

Background
Svae Xor Voe is named after a great Polis Massan Jedi during the Old Republic. She kind of resents it but still wants to live up to the name, she however goes by Voe.

Voe is an only child of Torx Voe and Reda Voe born 7 years before the start of the clone wars. During the clone wars her parents worked on Polis Massa as medical technicians. They occasionally traveled to help the injured people of worlds caught in the conflict. It was on these trip that Voe found that she loves to fly and fix things. When the empire came to power her parents went back to Polis Massa.

During their time on Polis Massa, in the year 18 BBY a shipping vessel named Red Dawn stopped by dropping off supplies and Voe saw her opportunity. Voe however joined the crew of the Red Dawn. There weren't many on the crew but the captain needed an extra hand and Voe wanted to get off Polis Massa.

In her travels her view on the galaxy evolved. Watching the empire come to power and treat aliens with such disdain and even enslaving some races. She needed to do something about it, but she couldn't right now. She lived a few more years with this in her heart until she became captain of the Red Dawn when the old captain retired.

During this time the rebellion was founded and Voe's parents joined very early on as head medical technicians. During one of their missions Voe's mother was discovered by the imperials and imprisoned. Reda's fate is still unknown to Vor and her father to this day.

When she could Voe and her crew went and found the rebellion and started supplying them and running goods for them.

Description
Voe is average height for a Polis Massan and scrawny too. Circular Face and gray eyes.

Personality
Unlike many pilots Voe is a humble pilot. She does what's needed and never thinks of herself. She tries to think rationally about everything but sometimes her judgement is clouded by her desire to help others.

Motivation: Species Rights

Duty (0): Resource Aquisition

Credits: 90

Spent XP:
Spoiler:
Let's ride (5XP)
Full Throttle (5XP)
Gunnery Rank 1 (5XP)
Ranged Light Rank 1 (5XP)
Mechanics Rank 2 (10XP)
Character Creation:
Spoiler:
-10 Duty for +10 xp
Agi 2 to 4 (70xp)
Int 3 to 4 (40xp)
1 Rank in Mechanics and Perception
2 Ranks in Piloting Planetary and Space
1 rank in medicine from species
Starting Creds: 1d100 90
Last edited by Stneu73 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Trip
Flyboy

Re: Svae Xor Voe

Post by Trip » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 am

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that you were a thief originally. If you want to switch back, I can change.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:46 am

Mind if I ask why you've gone with a Polis Massan for v2.0 instead of Chadra-fan or Verpine? None of your skills use Willpower. The only benefit you get from that stat is 1 more point of strain. Both of the species I mentioned grant a 3 in both AGL and INT, and both species grant Mechanics 1.

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Post by Stneu73 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:46 am
Mind if I ask why you've gone with a Polis Massan for v2.0 instead of Chadra-fan or Verpine? None of your skills use Willpower. The only benefit you get from that stat is 1 more point of strain. Both of the species I mentioned grant a 3 in both AGL and INT, and both species grant Mechanics 1.
Really it's just cause I like Polis Massans. They're interesting to play. Nothing game mechanics wise. I did think about Chadra-fan though. I'm not entirely opposed to playing a Chadra-fan or Verpine though.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:56 am

I suggested those two species because you'd end up with a more effective character at a lower XP cost. But you also have to bear in mind that I'm an old power gamer and I tend to choose species to optimally match the build concept. Hence my species picks for Lanna and Rokar. Play what you like, of course. The point of the game is to have fun. I'll go back to my spreadsheets now. :P

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Post by Stneu73 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:59 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:56 am
I suggested those two species because you'd end up with a more effective character at a lower XP cost. But you also have to bear in mind that I'm an old power gamer and I tend to choose species to optimally match the build concept. Hence my species picks for Lanna and Rokar. Play what you like, of course. The point of the game is to have fun. I'll go back to my spreadsheets now. :P
Yeah I do that a lot as well, but this is one instance where I haven't done that right off. Thanks for the Verpine suggestion I had forgotten about them (even though they are in the same book as Polis Massans haha)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:06 am

if I don't already know the 'right' species to pick to get what I want (such as when I was choosing for Rokar or saw that Besalisk was unsuitable for my concept for this game) I use the L Master List spreadsheet. I'm still shocked that the FFG board admins haven't forced the removal of those links and locked that topic, as his spreadsheet has tons of copyrighted material from the books. All the talent description text that Oggdude can't include in his app, for example.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Red Dawn

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:39 am

I loved the movie Red Dawn! Great name for a ship. Go with it.

Character looks good. Add +30xp of earned XP and can post in Dram Personae. ....post once you decide on backgrounds.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:47 am

Posting in the DP is kind of premature, I think. Stneu, Trip, and I haven't finished working out if our characters have any sort of relationship, and if we do what it is. In short our backstories are really done yet. It's easier to hash it out now, rather than editing posts in two different forums later.

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:37 am

Stneu73 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 am
Really it's just cause I like Polis Massans. They're interesting to play. Nothing game mechanics wise. I did think about Chadra-fan though. I'm not entirely opposed to playing a Chadra-fan or Verpine though.
So same reason I play so many Mandos

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Post by Stneu73 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 am

Kal Drahr wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:37 am
Stneu73 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 am
So same reason I play so many Mandos
Kind of yeah. I play a lot of Kyuzos, Chadra-fans, and now Polis Massans. Also if you aren't going for a fighting build a Massan could take you anywhere really. Great starting stats (I think personally).

Return to “Character Concepts”