Inglorious Bastards/The Boys (Amazon TV version) style Old Republic Game

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Inglorious Bastards/The Boys (Amazon TV version) style Old Republic Game

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:20 pm

So, in planning and writing for my current game, I actually have become intrigued with the idea of doing an Inglorious Bastards/The Boys-style story of normals hunting Dark Jedi during the Hundred Years Darkness.

Would probably start near the end, wouldn't have to stick strictly to "canon" (because come on, it was so long ago, how do we know what really happened), and would be over the top characters hunting down and ending Dark Jedi as revenge for the Dark Jedi having destroyed their family/homeworld/etc. A Republic Commando/Intelligence/military officer would hire each of the PCs for specific skills they have, and they'd be dropped into enemy lines to kill really strong Force users using guile, cunning, overkill, and probably a lot of luck.

Curious if this is a game anyone else could see themselves as interested in? I wouldn't start it till my current one is over, but just curious.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Inglorious Bastards/The Boys (Amazon TV version) style Old Republic Game

Post by kanila » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:28 pm

I would play this!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:57 am

It'd probably be PCs having to come up with plans to kill off Force users of like the Asoka/Maul/possibly better caliber, and maybe even a few like Anakin/Vader power level.

They'd have to use strategy and not brute Force, because the Dark Jedi they'd be fighting would have Leviathans, proto-Chrysalis Beasts, hordes of zombies, lots of esoteric Force powers, etc.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Be a good chance to make a shooty type character for me.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm

This sounds interesting. Maybe start with a Toydarian or similar race with a strong will, Hutt possibly as well.

Return to “Game Creation”