Star-wars highlander

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Star-wars highlander

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Would anyone be interested in playing a highlander campaign using FFGs systems (mostly). It would be a lot like the movies/ television shows. Characters could gain xp normally but would periodically be challenged by other immortals. All immortals start out with their base xp, but whenever you kill an immortal you gain all of their XP they have accumulated. (This may change as reality checks in). Not all players need to be immortals and I will find a way to compensate their characters appropriately (discussed between me and them) and players will still have a normal life/ missions, but may be challenged by other immortals who want to duel. Sometimes at the worst possible times. Victor is the one who cuts the others head off. :)

Variant.

if the players are amicable, I can randomly chose the player or players who are immortal and only those players will know. It will be their job to keep the others from learning their secret.

edit this is one of two game concepts I am considering please see my other game development thread for that one.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: Star-wars highlander

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Oh man, I shouldn't but highlander is my favourite film so I'd be verrrry interested in giving this a go?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 pm

LOL. lets see what type of interest there is, though it would be pretty cool as a 1 player game.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 pm

I like the variant idea, it's kinda like find the mole.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:43 pm

That one would require all the players to agree as the Immortal would gain power so much quicker than the rest would. I am actually thinking about revamping it to be more along the lines of you get all their knowledge. Which would mean you gain their skills, talents and carreers. What I am debating is weather they would stack with your own if you already have a skill or if you would just get the better of the two. (better of the two would slow progression a bit.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 pm

@SanguineAngel how do you feel about the variant and my revised xp award for immortals?
@ThreeBFour how do you feel about my revised xp awards for imortals and does your comment mean you would want to play?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Also do you guys want the starwars setting or do you want a tradiational setting? we would still use the star wars mechanics it would just require a little tweaking.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 pm

I guess I'll answer these by the post number.

#5: I would recommend the higher of the two for gaining the knowledge, because overall a lot of people know about the same things, it's the small amount of knowledge that is specialized per individuals, hence why we have schools.

#6: My interest is definitely there and the variant XP works for me.

#7: An Immortal in Star Wars would definitely be an interesting concept, would the Immortals have Force sensitivity? Only a melee or Saber weapon can be used to sever the head?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 pm

#7 I'm negotiable but old fashioned sabers would be fun also.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Almost 'Dawn of the Jedi' style?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 am

XP-gained could simply be a %. 25% of a 200xp character would be 50xp.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:30 pm
Almost 'Dawn of the Jedi' style?
I don't know what that is. I am not actually that big of a starwars fan. Though I have seen the movies, not all the new ones and the clone wars series.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 am

It was a book written about the beginnings of the Jedi. Set approximately 25,000 BBY. In it were actual swords of durasteel that were close to indestructible. Pre-Lightsaber.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 am

@swrider *gasp* Not a fan of obscure EU lore? Why, I was raised on such things, you merely adopted the Star Wars, I was born in it, molded by it.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:02 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 am
@swrider *gasp* Not a fan of obscure EU lore? Why, I was raised on such things, you merely adopted the Star Wars, I was born in it, molded by it.
Ah my brother from another mother and father.....lol

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 am

I was always more of a DND fan ;)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:05 am

I never played DnD proper, but as an avid Pathfinder player I like the 3.5 system.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:11 am

Love 3,5 but I've been converted by 5th end. It kept the flavor and removed much of the complexity.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 am

Hah you guys!

Varient
I like the Varient idea quite a lot! Seems like it'd work well with a larger group.

Quickening XP
I also think taking the higher of the two stats makes the most sense to me.

I am mainly a fan of the first film, where the Quickening is a bit simpler... Maybe it could also include a temp buff as you become attuned to all living things?

Setting
Personally, I'd be down for a real world setting. Strange, as I know we're on a star wars board.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:30 am

The bord is for RPGs we welcome all it just happens most people have come for starwars.
OK so I've gotten some interest from you all in the bounty hunter idea also. How about we combine the two with an immortal working with a bounty hunting group?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:47 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:30 am
The bord is for RPGs we welcome all it just happens most people have come for starwars.
OK so I've gotten some interest from you all in the bounty hunter idea also. How about we combine the two with an immortal working with a bounty hunting group?
That would definitely make and interesting combination. Hidden immortal bounty hunter using the others in his group to find other immortals to kill.🙄

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 am

Forum is up, it is called skylander bounties. the frist 100 bounty options are listed. Also it is being combined with the highlander idea.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 am

So the hunter quarries are immortal or is it we will just come across (if an immortal 'sense') them in the campaign? Is melee only allowed to take out a immortal or headshots count too? Also, there isn't decapitation on the crit chart, how will that work mechanically? Sorry for the direct questions, I enjoyed the first movie and saw some of the TV series.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 am

Good questions. Killing an immortal requires removing the head. My house rules say a quickining will happen t an immortal with shirt range, that precludes long distance shots to gain a quickening. The bounties will be a mix. Some may be immortals most not. Immortals will pop up randomly as NPCs and not all may be evil. They may also not appear in every mission. We will have to see how the game progresses.

Return to “Game Creation”