Bounty Hunter Guild.

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Bounty Hunter Guild.

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Would anybody be interested in starting up a bounty hunter (star wars) game? The game would center around a guild of bounty hunters which operate galaxy wide. Players will be able to select a bounty from a list of available ones to claim for themselves. The bounties will be of various amount and various difficulty levels. I built an excel program several years ago which will generate the bounties which I will post. It will be up to players to select their target or targets ;)

I am open to starting levels as well as backgrounds and game systems. I am just gauging interest at this point and am considering a second option for a new campaign so see my other post.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Bounty Hunter Guild.

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 am

Would the characters be operating as individuals or as a team?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:24 am

Preferably team but I am open

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:43 am

Perhaps. It would help to have a team name. "The Black Hands", or something like that.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 am

I'd enjoy playing in something like this, although I'm itching to try out the Magus or Prophet from Unlimited Power
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:38 pm

A team of bounty hunters collaborating on a hunt could be fun. What kind of guild idea did you have in mind?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Basically just an organization that offers out missions, handles paperwork and takes a cut.

Their is greater interest so far in the highlander game so we are discussing combining the two ideas in that thread.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 am

Forum is up, it is called skylander bounties. the frist 100 bounty options are listed. Also it is being combined with the highlander idea.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm

oh wow i missed this, i'm going to swing by that forum and check it out
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Go for it we are still in setup because I have been swamped the last two weeks.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm
Yeah, check it out. It's a high xp campaign (300 XP on top of creation) with the occasional 'tougher than normal' quarry. We are still in the introduction period, becoming aware of our bountyhunter guild presently.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:31 pm

Vergence wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm
Yeah, check it out. It's a high xp campaign (300 XP on top of creation) with the occasional 'tougher than normal' quarry. We are still in the introduction period, becoming aware of our bountyhunter guild presently.
I have to say I am extremely interested in the bounty hunter aspect, although trying to mix it together with the idea of being an immortal from the Highlander series is a little difficult for me to ponder.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:09 am

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:31 pm
Vergence wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I have to say I am extremely interested in the bounty hunter aspect, although trying to mix it together with the idea of being an immortal from the Highlander series is a little difficult for me to ponder.
They be the hunted 8-)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:00 am

it has turned into more of a watcher game than an immortal game. You are watching immortals and fulfilling bounties on them.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:28 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:00 am
it has turned into more of a watcher game than an immortal game. You are watching immortals and fulfilling bounties on them.
Ok that makes sense, to be honest the whole highlander “there can be only one” thing really fits well with the way the with view the force, how it is a bit of a finite resource that should be concentrated in as few people as possible. Or at least that’s how they made it seem in the bane series. I was thinking, you said that an imortal that killed another would gain their experience, but it might be more effective to just let them gain a force die, or ranks in adversary.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Those are both excelent suggestions. Adversary is not a talent that is usually applied to PCs but it would be quite fitting. The biggest problem i see is that it could verry easily get way out of control. an old immortal could have killed hundrends of others and with that many ranks of adversary it would be quite difficult to kill them.

That is the problem with any of the systems though. My current idea was that they immortals would only gain xp at a fraction of the rate normal people do, but then get a huge bump from killing other immortals. Game mechanics wise it would work, but it doesnt give the right feel.

Another option since people seem to like the force side would be to allow immortals access to some force features and only allow them to get ranks or skills in that by killing an immortal. this would be outside their normal xp progression and amount to something like getting better gear.

Since no one is currently an immortal, There is some time to think about it.

IF you would like to join the game please feel free to do so.
If you want to be an immortal please roll a die or pick a number between 1 and 1000.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:15 pm

well, if we are really mixing themes, then there is no reason why we shouldn't use a separate track entirely to track what one immortal gain from killing another, in the Highlander it was called the quickening and had no real defined format except that it made the highlander stronger. in Highlander 2 McCloud used a quickening to bring his dead friend back from the dead. I think if you want to mash the concept of the Highlander it would be better to create a completely separate track, maybe even using the Genesys rules as an example to create an open career specialty tree with different skills that a Highlander should have. these skills can only be bought with immortal experience and you only get immortal experience when you kill another immortal. I'd be willing to take a shot at creating the immortal career tree.

Also, this is just me spitballing but I don't think any player characters should start as immortals since it was something that only got awakened after a violent death, it should instead be an option for a character to have when they would normally naturally die from their wounds.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 pm

I was shooting for a mix. Some players who are latent immortals who have not yet died, some who are immortals, some watchers and then maybe some normal. But it has evolved into a watcher predominate game.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:07 pm

I would love to see something you came up with for a immortal spec.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr
I'm waiting for. @swrider kill one of us just to see if we revive, but it's still early in the game....lol

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 am

It was easier for me as a PC to digest the Watcher aspects without worrying about game balance. My character basically just spies on genetic anomalies on top of being a bounty hunter :D

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:51 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:07 pm
I would love to see something you came up with for a immortal spec.
I’d love to try an make this, it will take a little bit though, I just packed my starwars and genesys books away for my move next week.
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 am
@Boutrose Saba-Norr
I'm waiting for. @swrider kill one of us just to see if we revive, but it's still early in the game....lol
That would be very amusing, you know I think I’m going to have to join this game since I love bounty hunters so much.
Vergence wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 am
It was easier for me as a PC to digest the Watcher aspects without worrying about game balance. My character basically just spies on genetic anomalies on top of being a bounty hunter :D
I love that thought process, but also I expect to throw balance out the window when immortals are involved.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Game Creation”