Galactic Racing Circuit

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Galactic Racing Circuit

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 am

Bob- any idea what the weapon system is? Not too big of a concern, just curious.

Alright now down to business;

For those interested parties which would be preferred:

1. Individual ships as a team

2. One ship as a team

Once this had been decided I'll list options for starter ship(s). Also a quick note, no space wizards. Sorry I just see them as cliche.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Nope. But I could ask on the FFG forums.

That does raise the question of whether this will be straight-up racing, or if there will be a shooting component, though. Adding targets to shoot (or shooting at opponents) might open the door for some Gunner types, but it could also take away from the pure racing aspect.

There are enough piloting specs that individual ships as a team could work. One ship as a team would allow more player role diversity. I'd lean toward one ship, since it's rare to have a game where specs like Navigator and Fringer are actually useful, but I'm good with either style. I mean, a Hotshot is different from an Operator, Pilot, Driver, Squadron Commander, Starfighter Ace, Rigger, and Racer, so the players would be fairly diverse.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

What I was thinking was this, with the smaller (shorter) races gunnery wouldn't be terribly useful. But with the long haul races spanning the galaxy there is always the chance of 'other' factors interfering with the race.

Plus there is always the possibility of racers cheating to gain an advantage....

Rules for each race will be put out to the players prior to a race beginning. So if a race was part of a smaller 'track' that was easily viewable by the spectators might require weapons to be shutdown during the race. Where one that traversed say an asteroid field would allow there use for purely defensive reasons.... Or clearing a path/shortcut through part of the track.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Kanila.

When you decide you are ready let me know and I will create a forum for the game and assign you as it s moderator. I need to know the type of game and what versions of star wars you will allow. EotE AoR F&D.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Will do Swrider.

EotE and AoR will be allowed.

As far as type I'll wait on the vote from the players. I'm fine either way the vote goes.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Sorry by type I meant what version. What I meant to ask for was the name of the game.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Might as well go with the header for this thread.

Galactic Racing Circuit

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Personally I would love to play a combination of these. All of us on the same team with our individual ships being carried by the transport allowing us to do short fighter races and longer cargo races.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Your forum has been set up. Pleast take a look around and get used to your moderator capabilities. Let me know if there are any issues or problems.

Shado has a template he uses for who's turn is it now which a lot of people like you may consider using.

I used a destiny tracker built in at the top of the OOC. the ability to edit that tracker (set the pool) is on the rider's web site. If you want to use it though I need to put the images in the forum rules panel which can only be done by an admin. So let me know if you want to use that feature.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Thank you I'll give it a browse.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 pm

One more thing. I will need information for your game to update the active games list. Number of players, max number of players etc...

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Currently I believe the active number of players is between 3-4. Right now I believe 10 will max out but I'm willing to go higher if there is interest.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm

10? I would suggest multiple teams and threads if you go that high. All it takes is one player to slow down a game so 10 really increases those odds. Any additions will need to go through you so it can always change

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Well 6 then. I probably shouldn't be over zealous with my first game on this forum.

Also the Who's Turn is it can be added if you could please.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Easiest way is for you to copy and past it over into the appropriate thread. Let me know if you have issues doing so.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks I'll let you know.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:29 am

A thought (if you don't mind me chiming in) can the team by new vehicles in an attempt to branch out to start entering other types of races?
Swoops? Airspeeders? Demolition derbies?
More prize money! More glory! :D

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 am

That is a great idea. This game now has a forum of its own. I suggest posting your comment in their discussion forum as if is more likely to be seen.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 am

crazybirdman wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:29 am
A thought (if you don't mind me chiming in) can the team by new vehicles in an attempt to branch out to start entering other types of races?
Swoops? Airspeeders? Demolition derbies?
More prize money! More glory! :D
That's always a possibility.

Return to “Game Creation”