'Uprising' Campaign

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

'Uprising' Campaign

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:32 am

Uprising (black).png
Uprising (black).png (233.86 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
For anyone who searches the title, they will find a 2015 video game that was never finished (from what I can tell). Not all of those game elements will be utilized. Insofar as the game is considered 'Canon', one should consider this campaign 'alternative-universe' with regards to what I shall use and not use. Uprising (the game) takes place just after Return of the Jedi, but this version will take place just prior to The Empire Strikes Back.

The players will begin at Echo Base on the planet of Hoth, prior to the arrival of the Empire. They will be sent on a secret supply run to a nearby system just prior to hostilities breaking out. The group will ultimately need to survive in the sector, oppose the Empire, and rally local inhabitants to the cause in a remote sector of the Outer Rim.

The group will start out as a group of mixed Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion. Players can be from either CRB, with some limitations by the GM (force-users are discouraged). One core requirement is that all characters be either Rebellion members or Rebellion-friendly. This can range from non-Alliance, Han Solo-like scoundrels to devoted Rebel officers/soldiers like Leia. Character backgrounds will have ties to the Rebellion in some way. A wide variety of skills are needed, but party-roles (tank, face, etc...) are not necessary. The group will (initially) be led by an Alliance operative (NPC).

'Uprising' will focus on enjoyment and ease-of-play, with the advancement of the story to take priority over strict rules adherence. This may be good for those with little experience at SW FFG. We will learn some things as we go, but will not hold up the game for it. If you have interest, then leave a message below.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: 'Uprising' Campaign

Post by SavageBob » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 am

Sounds fun! Are you thinking starting-level characters?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 am

Deep, when sticking a link to this game in posts you need to use the topic, not the forum the topic is in. The correct URL is: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=313. Linking to a forum is only appropriate if the entire forum is yours.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 am

I would be interested.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Starting level...

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:07 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 am
Sounds fun! Are you thinking starting-level characters?
Yes. Starting level plus some starting XP after creation is complete. Create a PC. Once approved, bunos xp is given. Err....."bonus" xp.

As people typically spend all starting xp on Attributes, I never did like how that creates a blank character with no talents (in most cases). I recommend going for Attributes and then the bonus xp buy you a few talents or better skills.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 am
Deep, when sticking a link to this game in posts you need to use the topic, not the forum the topic is in. The correct URL is: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=313. Linking to a forum is only appropriate if the entire forum is yours.
Okay, thanks. In MS Word you hyperlink after you type a word. I just learned now that you hit hyperlink button FIRST, then type in the word and link. I didn't understand it before and went with the sloppy way to do it. My bad.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Character Types....

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 am

Trip wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 am
I would be interested.
As a Commander is played by a PC (initially), that position isn't needed. The team is assembled to take parts and credits to barter for much-needed supplies on a foreign planet. (Of course, things will get "difficult".) I'd prefer that someone have some skill at dealing with people, whether it be cunning, coercion, deception, streetwise, or presence. Preferably more than one PC with some of those skills. 2-4 PC's, total.

All EDGE careers apply in some way. You just have to be pro-Rebellion and want to lend your skills to them because you believe in the cause.

AofR is a bit trickier. Diplomat, Soldier, Engineer, and Spy are all good choices.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 am

Sounds like you have two takers. Would you like me to go ahead and create your forums?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 am
Sounds like you have two takers. Would you like me to go ahead and create your forums?
Yes, please. It'll let me get some preliminary stuff up.

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Post by Stneu73 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm

I'll work up a character tonight. Sounds great!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Stneu73 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm
I'll work up a character tonight. Sounds great!
My advice is that you create 1-3 character concepts. I find that it is easier to put together the right combination of characters when you can select from among a few. But, if all you have is one idea, then that's okay, too.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

'Uprising' Campaign Forum

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Looking forward to see what character options people come up with. The Alliance has a mission leader for the group, the rest of us will be there for security, street-sense, people skills, etc... The Alliance knows that they will be arriving on a new planet with no contacts, so they would have chosen team members appropriately.

Please migrate the character creation conversation to: The New "Uprising" Forum

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:21 am

Would anybody mind if I join late(ish)?
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 am

That's up to our GM, Deep, but I wouldn't mind more players. Especially if you take over an existing (orphan) PC until your own PC can be brought in.

Return to “Game Creation”