New Game.

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

New Game.

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 pm

OK everyone I am starting a new game, but have some player options for which game it is. Please let me know if you would like to join and if so which option you want to join. IF there are any you do not want to play let me know also.
  1. D&D 5 campaign. This game is already pretty well fleshed out and will be the one I run with my live group. I am really interested in starting a non star wars game on the site but have a few Star Wars options also.
  2. AOR starfighter squadron. All PCs will have to have pilot skill. They should also be well rounded adding additional skils to the group. I.e. Mechanic etc.
  3. Rebellion Radio. The team will be a physiological operations group operating on a planet of the teams choice. Their goal will be to spread alliance propaganda. Specifically An alliance pirate radio broad cast. You will need to hack into the holloet and spread the alliance news. Reports of victories, Imperial atrocities, messages of hope etc. You can also do things like up up Pro alliance posters and the such. This should be a low combat game with a lot of narrative. Players will be encouraged to make up stories of alliance victories or atrocities as well as report on ones from cannon, legends or other sources. Much of the skills will be in keeping the group a secret. Setting up broadcasting locations. slicing into the hollonet and fighting back. Avoiding imperial patrols and the like.
    Duty will be replaced in this game with a custom system called "Ratings" which represents how big of an effect you have on the population. Rating will increase by breaching system which reach more individuals and by more frequent posting and by compelling stories/news. Ratings can go down from long periods without reporting, uninteresting or inaccurate reporting, or through imperial counter measures.

This last game type is really fascinating to me and we do not have anything like it on the board. It will require a lot of player creativity and so may not end up workign but I think it is worth a shot.
Please speak up. Game set up will begin once we have interest but there will be a two week or so period to let people develop characters (also my son will be born sometime in the next two weeks so I will be busy helping with that.)

Trip
Flyboy

Re: New Game.

Post by Trip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Rebellion radio sounds cool. I would be down for that. Would it use FFG rules?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Yes it will definitely use FFG rules. IT will be the most complicated of the games, but it could be really fun. Congrats on the new title BTW flyboy.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Cool. Flyboy!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 pm

I am hoping to get some more interest before I decide on a game and commit to GMing it. We will see.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 pm

For the record I will only play Star Wars games. Just to set expectations.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Thank you for saying that. I have a feeling any interest in this board will be for one of the last two options, but I had to put the first one out as well.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Option 2 sounds like fun.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:21 pm

That is 1 vote for option 3 and one vote for option 2. Hopefully more people show interest and vote.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm

To be honest, I don't mind either of those options. Just would prefer the fighter squadron one.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 am

1) Don't have D&D5. Not sure rolling 1d20 has the glitz and glamour of rolling all of those SW dice and seeing those images.
2) AofR mixed with EotE, eh? All Pilots. What's the setting? Or, is it all short missions to various planets? Any mass-combat rules? I haven't done anything with those rules, but it'd be an opportunity for me to bone up on mass combat and piloting rules. I'd be in.
3) I'd be in. Could be like Rebels cartoon with the connections, and such.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:47 am

I realize that so many AofR careers/specs are so narrowly focused that you need a narrowly focused campaign to use the classes effectively. Ought to be exciting if it gets going.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 am

D&d5 has a free players copy of the rules available. It has the basic classes.

It seems the most interest is in the last. I'll create a discussion forum for it tommorrow, since we have three players.

Return to “Game Creation”