Force and Destiny Books based game

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
Trip
Flyboy

Force and Destiny Books based game

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

I am considering GMing the Force and Destiny books based games. Kind of like what Shado did with Strikeforce Isk and the Age of Rebellion. It should be pretty easy to do since everything is already set up for me. Would there be any interest in that? I would start with the beginner game and follow all the way through to the latest Force and Destiny books.

The background for the starting characters is basically each force sensitive has met a common mentor (not force sensitive) who gets captured by a bad guy. She sends out a SOS to each of the PCs. They all meet on a planet and rescue her.

If you already did this adventure, then it may not be right for you unless you can play without metagaming.

Respond here if you think you would like to commit to another game.

Thanks

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Force and Destiny Books based game

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 pm

It might be a good warm-up for me to get used to FAD so I can run it for the live group. Immersion in an all-FAD setting would be good for me, I think.

I haven't read ANY FFG beginner sets or adventures, not even the Arda one Shado is running.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 pm

FAD careers and Specs? Alignment??? Any limitations or requirements?

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Only FAD careers from any FAD books but built per FaD CR RAW. Takes place in Empire Era. No lightsabers to start. GM grant of one basic force power. Choose from Sense, Move or Enhance ONLY. No other force powers can be purchased at char gen.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:35 pm

The mentor is Hethan Romund, a scholar who is familiar with force sensitive beings, but not one herself. She has been studying and learning in different parts of the galaxy. And over time has met several force sensitive individuals, made life long friends, but never stayed with them. She went to a planet called Spinter to investigate an old Jedi temple. There she was taken captive by a dark side user. He has hopes to find power there. She broke away to contact her friends in hopes they could save her. Will they get there in time?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Well, if we're "former" friends, then I am not sure that we Will!
;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

First Dibs!

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 am

Dibs on A Mystic-Advisor/Seer, if one gets underway.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 am

What is the time period? I'm not familiar with this story, so don't know if the limitation on starting Force powers is from that, but would you allow Influence?

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:23 am

The opening crawl:
"It is a dark time in the galaxy. The Jedi Order has been destroyed and knowledge of the force is all but lost. Only a handful of people sensitive to the force remain, scattered across the stars, ignorant of their destiny."

There is a challenge in the game at the start that requires a force ability of move, sense or enhance. Influence won't help you with that challenge.

Return to “Game Creation”