Play testers

If you would like to start up a new game Please make a post here discussing the game concept and gauging interest.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Play testers

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:18 am

All I am in the early stages of developing a new rpg. It is based on the special operations executive in WWII. I have much of the system thought out but need to play test the mechanics and develop items enemies and the like to solidify the game. Is anyone interested in helping me out. I would run the game and flesh out issues errors as the occur.

Let me know. I am only looking for 2-3 players to help flesh out out. If more people are interested than I can expand. Just remember it is a work in progress.

Also the game will engage players to avoid combat when possible. It will be be fast and deadly mimicking real life. Healing will also be slow. Combat will be a part of the game but as spies operating behind enemy lines, care should be taken I'm when combat is undertaken.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Play testers

Post by kanila » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:52 am

Count me in!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:54 am

Sounds good. Over the next week or so I will get some character basics up. The character sheets / stats are still developing but Ill put up what I have so far. There are a lot more skills than normal, but this is intentional and the leveling system I think will work well with a good variety of skills.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 am

Sounds good.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:13 pm

I havent set up a forum yet because I am waiting to see if more people are interested. To get started on your character you will need to think about the following.

Name: (Should somewhat match nationality/ note this is not your cover name)
    Nationality: (All nationalities in existence at the time of WWII are available. German POWs were even recruited as agents, Soviets are the least likely race to be used or accepted)
    Citizenship: (Along with nationality, but this is your country of actual citizenship)

Civilian Occupation(s): Choose any occupation in existence at the time of the WWII you will be able to pick five primary skills from the skill list which you would have learned through your occupations. The skills should make sense. Military and additional training is provided after your background phase.

Languages:
    1st language
    2nd Language (if applicable)
    3rd Language (if applicable)

Background:

Please include information on
    1. Where you are from home town
    2. Explain your nationality and citizenship
    3. Brief explanation on where/ how you were trained for your occupations
    4. What your motivations are to join a clandestine military like group. (Your character does not know what the SOE is until the final phase of training. They enter knowing only that they would be doing something military like.
    Military Service: (Did your character serve in the military. If so which one and during what period of time).

SavageBob
    Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03 pm

I'm game to help you out and play. One more and we have a quorum.

swrider
    ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 pm

Sounds great savagebob. I am putting up a few 'current' versions of the rules to help begin flushing out characters. Please feel free to post your initial concepts.

swrider
    ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm

My plan is to walk through step by step as you would with a new group playing a game. The first part of character creation is up, please develop your base character and ask me any questions you may have. The skill list posted is the list you have to chose from for your 5 skill in your background. The effects of these choices will become apparent during game play. Basically they will be skills that you are better at since you have a extensive use of them already in your civilian life.

swrider
    ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:29 pm

I now have three. If anyone else is interested please jump over to the Play Test Ungentlemanly Warfare forum and let me know in the discussion thread.

DeepSpacer
    Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Looks very interesting! I am following as it progresses. Character creation is FANTASTIC with all of the details and backgrounds people have brought. Far more interesting than what I could do! I just dont have time to get into another game. I have always loved WW II history since I was little.

Is there a mathematically formula as to how the dice- rolled vs difficulty is determined? Or, is some borrowed from another system? Are the skills built up like Call of Cuthuhlu? i.e. using them gives you an opportunity to increase them?

swrider
    ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
    Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 pm
    Is there a mathematically formula as to how the dice- rolled vs difficulty is determined?
    None yet. The difficulty scale ranges from 1-130 with anything over 100 being expert (on a good day) only.
    DeepSpacer wrote:
    Or, is some borrowed from another system?
    I am using my experience to create the system, but it is my design. I didn't want to use D20, FFG or a D100 roll under system so I created a new one which incorporates things I like from each.
    DeepSpacer wrote:
    Are the skills built up like Call of Cuthuhlu? i.e. using them gives you an opportunity to increase them?
    Quite similar yes. There are some differences as my system is not a D100 roll under, but the concept is similar. Call of Cuthuhlu is where I got my inspiration.

Return to “Game Creation”