OOC: The Holodisk

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:33 pm
DeepSpacer , is BA engaged with either, though? If so it'd be another diff upgrade and a risk of friendly fire.
No. The glass/guards are effectively straight ahead of us. BA went to the left at some that came out of a room on the hall.
"BA charges forward towards the guards to the left."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:45 pm

Anjali used maneuver to draw blaster pistol and squeezes off a shot at the dark-skinned guards.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Ranged attack:
Add 1 advantage on successful check (Bantha's sight)
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:46 pm

Pass a boost to next PC to go.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 am

If they were next to each other, BA is in range to engage both on his turn, I think.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 am

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:46 pm
Pass a boost to next PC to go.
I take it that is '8' Damage. Since BA is at engaged range, it may be best for him to act first at the top of the round with the passed Boost Die.

4 LS / 2 DS
Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 am
If they were next to each other, BA is in range to engage both on his turn, I think.
Yes! That is so! Let me post a 'reaction' of those men, IC, then you can post your action. Melee/Brawl is Purple-Purple, +1 SB for their trenchcoat def quality.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:18 am

My bad, forgot to clarify the damage. Yes, 8 was right.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am

I'll get a post up Sunday. Sorry.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:01 pm

@Doctor Who
Two things:

1) There was a Boost passed from Anjali to the next ally to go AND there was a Boost because of the foes being packed so close together. I saw only ONE Boost die in your roll, so please roll another and edit, if need be. ;)

2) Six (or seven) Advantages can do a lot. BA is engaged with a minion group which he can effect.
- If he gets a Success with that Boost die, then he can do with the Athletics check things similar to a Brawl check, by my ruling (Knockdown, Disorient 1, Critical on 5 Advs).
- Even on a failed roll, I think that something evident to that engaged situation is called for.

> 3Adv+3Adv = disarm both people who drew weapons? IMO, temporarily make it a 2-person armed minion group since two will be without weapons.
> 2+2+2 Advs = have the three at the door knocked down, but take no damage? Or some combination of them with passing boosts?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 am

Spoiler:
2 more boosts. Here we go, lol.

Oh, well then, lets spend 6 to knock the three down,and use the two to pass on a boost.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:04 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 am

BA; Alpha Squad; crossing fingers boost:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

2 more boosts. Here we go, lol.

Oh, well then, lets spend 6 to knock the three down, and use the two to pass on a boost.
Unbelievable!!!

A trip away Mon-Tues, so I may or may not get anything up the next 2-3 days. Sorry for any inconvenience.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 pm

UPDATE:

> BA is in engaged combat with four minions. They have armored trenchcoats (+1 Def), but two are prone (+1 Boost to hit them). One drew a stun pistol. All taking some sort of cover (door jam, behind/under table, etc...).
Brawl/Melee = ImageImageImage Image
***Hearing Monty's call to rescue, BA can suffer a strain to take a free maneuver, if he likes.

> In the captive's move towards the door, they are precariously between "us and them" (Upgrade any attack to shoot through the glass at those behind it from where you are at.)

> Anjali has THREE Boosts coming her way this turn. She can advance TWO Maneuvers to close the medium distance, get close to the glass, and shoot through the glass as she did before with no chance of harming the captives.
***Hearing Monty's call to rescue, Anjali can suffer a strain to take a free maneuver, if she likes.

> dark-skinned guard: Adversary 1, Defense 1 (cover), ImageImageImage if she closes to short range by taking two maneuvers.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Sorry, still having a bit of trouble following this. Do we have an initiative order somewhere that indicates how many NPC slots we have? I'm counting two minion groups of 4 each, two rival guards, and one rival/nemesis technician, beyond the guards Monty initially stunned. Correct?

> BA is engaged with four minions. Three of the four he just knocked prone, the 4th took cover after ineffectively whacking BA?

> Another minion group did maneuvered twice, but are still out of sight.

> Two rivals (dark-skinned guards) staying close to the technician.

> Technician, fiddling with some mechanism on his wrist.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 pm
Sorry, still having a bit of trouble following this. Do we have an initiative order somewhere that indicates how many NPC slots we have? I'm counting two minion groups of 4 each, two rival guards, and one rival/nemesis technician, beyond the guards Monty initially stunned. Correct?

> BA is engaged with four minions. Three of the four he just knocked prone, the 4th took cover after ineffectively whacking BA?

> Another minion group did maneuvered twice, but are still out of sight.

> Two rivals (dark-skinned guards) staying close to the technician.

> Technician, fiddling with some mechanism on his wrist.
Yes to all!! Sorry I wasn't more clear or brief.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm

@Doctor Who BA can take a maneuver, which could be to aim I think. ;)

@DeepSpacer , Anjali will suffer 1 strain for free maneuver toward a dark-skinned guard. Her first priority is to cover the escape of the captives. She'll use a maneuver on her turn to take cover, suffer 2 strain to aim, switch to stun as incidental, and fire at a dark-skinned guard. Based on what you summarized, sounds like it's still medium range because I didn't use 2 maneuvers to move. Suffer 1 strain for Agility boost (species).

Edit: can't do stun, since not within Short range.
Last edited by Flamiel on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm
Doctor Who BA can take a maneuver, which could be to aim I think. ;)

DeepSpacer , Anjali will suffer 1 strain for free maneuver toward a dark-skinned guard. Her first priority is to cover the escape of the captives. She'll use a maneuver on her turn to take cover, suffer 2 strain to aim, switch to stun as incidental, and fire at a dark-skinned guard. Based on what you summarized, sounds like it's still medium range because I didn't use 2 maneuvers to move.
Yes and Yes. :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 pm

Yes, BA will take the aim maneuver.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

11 damage, but a Despair. I'll use the Image to notice something important.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Ranged attack:
5 Successes, 1 Advantage, 1 Despair,
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Top of the next Round!!!

Initiative Order

PC slot: ? ← We are here
NPC (2) slot: Two in black behind glass ?
NPC (3) slot: Four in room with BAl. ?
NPC (4) slot: ??? ?
NPC (5) slot: The 'technician' ?
PC slot: ?
PC slot: ?

Side Notes:
> Angali can open the (glass) door to enter / allow a path for the captives to exit with One Maneuver. That'd put her at short range w/o shooting through the glass. Image ImageImage[/chall] (cover).

> First Slot has advantages for both Angali and BA. BA can strike before the npc's get up from prone (+1 Boost in melee for him) and Angali can get to those bad guys before they (either) retreat more or attack her. Monty can likely advance two maneuvers and shoot. He is still by the vehicle. Not a great advantage in going first for him.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:56 pm

I'd say let BA go first. @Doctor Who

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:22 pm

What is the difficulty to fling one of the four into the other three, to keep them out of the fight?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:22 pm
What is the difficulty to fling one of the four into the other three, to keep them out of the fight?
ImageImageImageImage

One is standing by you at the doorway. No guarantee the result could take out all four.
(Setback for cover & Boost from some of them being prone.)

4 LS / 2 DS

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:38 pm

2 Maneuvers Spent to come around guards and advance to Anjali.
Action: Brawl check to Anjali.

Monty; A-Squad; Technician / Doctor NPC:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Brawn (4D) + 2 Success + Ranks in Medicine (3) + Anatomy Lesson (4) = 15 Strain!!!

Anatomy Lesson: DP to add INT to damage
Pressure Point: Brawl Check: can deal strain + Ranks in Medicine, ignoring Soak
I'm only getting a total of 13 strain from this:

Brawn (4) + Success (2) + Ranks (3) + Anatomy (4) = 13.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:40 pm

Also, Anjali's Soak was at 4 due to her Force die commit to boost her Brawn to 3, so that should lower the wounds she suffered by 2.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 am

Well!!!! An eventful turn of events!!! Exciting to see how things turn out! Sorry Anjali is out of things for the moment (I always feel bad as a GM when that happens.) But, it is setting itself up for an intense, emotional confrontation for the character down the road, I think. ;) REALLY glad that Monty hit like he did with the critical. It severely hampers that guy's actions. I will take the liberty of acting first the next round to try and pile on the damage.

Monty is at 12/12 WT. Waiting on BA to save the day!

BA is far from the fight, game measurement-wise. I would be willing to accept the spending of a DP on his turn to suggest that there are offices in the center portion of the building that allow his to 'cut across'. I am learning from some SW Podcasts that there are more creative ways to spend those DP's! I wrote this BEFORE Monty's 2nd attack and the subsequent volley from the lone minion (lots of blanks on those negative dice!).

I'd say, Two Maneuvers (again) and you burst through glass doors, office partitions, and damaged infrastructure (narrate it as you will) to come out among the second group of gunman who had wounded Monty. He is able to attack. Mind you that you still have not drawn a weapon (by my account) and could not do so if you did this. Purple-Purple-Black on the Brawl attack roll. Boost from Monty. Boost because they have ranged weapons at engaged range.

LS 4 / DS 2

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 am

@DeepSpacer its cool, no worries. Also, see my comments above your last OC post.

Return to “Discussion”