OOC: The Holodisk

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:56 pm

Do BA or Anjali have any questions for the three captives? The captives can help with what they do know.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 pm

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow or Friday, been busy with job apps lately and haven't had time. (Also prepping for my irl group this coming sunday)
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:09 am

Anjali will need to rest to clear out this strain, or she will next to worthless.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:38 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:09 am
Anjali will need to rest to clear out this strain, or she will next to worthless.
No doubt. Hence, having BA keep a close eye the monitor. ;)

Meta-game-wise, they won't go anywhere. They don't even know they're being tracked. It is a good time for discussion, questions, research, and making a plan. I like to oscillate back and forth between 'action/combat' and some RP'ing discussion time. Anjali has a lot to relate to these three.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:18 am

BA will definitely be keeping an eye on the scanner.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Hmmm. So they know the name of our little team. I wonder how that is....

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Hmmm. So they know the name of our little team. I wonder how that is....
Word around the 571 Cantina, of course! They were spying there. Saw you all come in and out. Heard the talk behind the scenes. ;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope to get more up today. :)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 am

Knowledge Warfare check, regains 1 strain from Flow:

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Knowledge Warfare:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Knowledge Warfare Flow:
, 2 Light Side

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:24 am

Great roll!!!

Anjali knows that not everyone was content with the treaty. Some Sith believed that they were at the precipice of total victory when the Sith Council sued for peace. Among them was the man named Darth Angral, who led the assault on Coruscant. It was he who assassinated Chancellor Berooken while delegates were negotiating the treaty on Alderaan. Darth Malgus, who led the assault on the Jedi Temple, killed half of the Jedi Council. Some Jedi wanted the conflict to continue, as well, but she does not recall who they were (1 Threat).

Fighting continues through proxy wars and in isolated areas by some dissatisfied factions, although major hostilities have ceased. Some think that the Treaty will simply be a short-term armistice, not understanding how the Sith and Republic forces could live peaceably in the same universe.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:46 pm

The PC's know that a ship with that tracking beacon is coming their way. They likely assume it is the same shuttle. It is a uncertain if the same occupants are on that shuttle. It is also fairly likely that the shuttle is coming to/for them (What are the odds that it isn't, and rather, is going out for fuel or groceries at precisely their location?)

There is probably a few minutes to prepare. Not enough time to do minor surgery to remove the captives devices. Scanning from The Vandura will take about half that time.

Difficulty to detect ship details is SIMPLE + Setback (for busy activity around this port, traffic and such) (-- + Image). Advantages on THIS roll can be applied as Boost Dice to the next roll. 1 Adv = 1 Boost, 2 Adv = 2 Boosts, etc... The reverse for Threats.

A second check can be made for ship occupants at EASY + Setback (Image+ Image).

Both are Computers check that gain an automatic Success. Perception or Vigilance checks can be made, instead, but they are +1 Difficulty harder and do not have an automatic Success added to the roll. The number of successes determines the amount of information revealed.

We are in one of many docks of a spiraling docking tower. There is NOT enough room for such a shuttle to land in the bay where The Vandura is. There are some random containers around, fueling & maintenance droids, and random items. The ship is attached outside and then there is a short walkway to the building hangar, which is about sil 3 size.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:51 pm

I say let's not hang around. Are we in a condition to take off and leave Coruscant? Jump into the safety of hyperspace and do the medical procedure there.

If Monty prepares to fly us away and BA mans the guns, Anjali can take a moment to do the scans.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:56 pm

First check:
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Computers check 1 on incoming ship:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage
1 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImage
Second check:
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Computers check 2 on incoming ship:
5 Successes, 3 Advantages
1 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I say let's not hang around. Are we in a condition to take off and leave Coruscant? Jump into the safety of hyperspace and do the medical procedure there.

If Monty prepares to fly us away and BA mans the guns, Anjali can take a moment to do the scans.
I think that Monty sees that as a viable action. Although, The Vandura isn't necessarily made for evading enemy ships or chases. SEE LINK HERE. But let's see what the scans tell us about the (likely) enemy vessel.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:13 pm

In BOTH cases, three successes nets you 'specifics'.

The shuttle is a modified IHL-KK Citadel-class Light Freighter. It slightly out-perform the G9 Rigger in every way. In addition to a normal ship of its kind, it has an upgraded communications array and an Advanced Targeting Array on it's forward-mounted weaponry. All of it's weapons have a forward-firing arc.
Spoiler:
Incoming Shuttle

Sil 4; Speed 3; Handling -1; Armor 3; Shields 2/1
HT 30; SS 16; Adversary 1; Crew: 2; Passengers: 6;

Upgraded Communications Array

ARMAMENT:
(Hidden) Ventral Concussion Missile Launcher
Short Range; Fire Arc: Forward
6+ Damage; Crit 3; Blast 4; Breach 4; Guided 3; Slow-Firing 1;

Ventral, Under-wing, Light Blaster Cannons
4D, Crit 4, Close. Linked.

Advanced Targeting Array: upgrade 1x Gunnery checks.
For the contents of the shuttle (5 Succ, 3 Adv), you have very specific details. There are 8 occupants: 1 Pilot, 1 Co-pilot, and six passengers (all male humans). All passengers have carbine weapons and wear armor (1/1 Def). The co-pilot has a particularly strange energy signature from his entire body that is different from the others (3 Adv: detail not normally available through successes). His energy weapon is a lightsaber.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:46 pm

So the assumption is that they paid off the authorities, right? Which means if we get into a fight and shoot first, we're kind of screwed. I think we run and try to stay out of their way, and figure out a plan to come back.

That being said, BA wouldn't be adverse to fighting if we have a plan.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:00 am

Weird. I totally missed the earlier reply and then reposted this, so I'm deleting it (just the check results duplicated).
Last edited by Flamiel on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:29 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:46 pm
So the assumption is that they paid off the authorities, right? Which means if we get into a fight and shoot first, we're kind of screwed. I think we run and try to stay out of their way, and figure out a plan to come back.

That being said, BA wouldn't be adverse to fighting if we have a plan.
What would make you think the authorities are paid off (by them)?

As far as taking a stand, Angali @Flamiel can make a combined Knowledge: Warfare check with Caspo the droid (who has 1 Rank). Difficulty AVG. Results that are positive may give some insight.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:53 am

We're on Coruscant, if they're planning to use the ship as a weapon, they probably had to pay people off, because I feel like live ship fire isn't gonna go well in a post-invasion of the Jedi Temple Coruscant.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:03 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:29 am
As far as taking a stand, Angali @Flamiel can make a combined Knowledge: Warfare check with Caspo the droid (who has 1 Rank). Difficulty AVG. Results that are positive may give some insight.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Warfare check on incoming ship:
5 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:29 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:13 pm
In BOTH cases, three successes nets you 'specifics'.

The shuttle is a modified IHL-KK Citadel-class Light Freighter. It slightly out-perform the G9 Rigger in every way. In addition to a normal ship of its kind, it has an upgraded communications array and an Advanced Targeting Array on it's forward-mounted weaponry. All of it's weapons have a forward-firing arc.
Spoiler:
Incoming Shuttle

Sil 4; Speed 3; Handling -1; Armor 3; Shields 2/1
HT 30; SS 16; Adversary 1; Crew: 2; Passengers: 6;

Upgraded Communications Array

ARMAMENT:
(Hidden) Ventral Concussion Missile Launcher
Short Range; Fire Arc: Forward
6+ Damage; Crit 3; Blast 4; Breach 4; Guided 3; Slow-Firing 1;

Ventral, Under-wing, Light Blaster Cannons
4D, Crit 4, Close. Linked.

Advanced Targeting Array: upgrade 1x Gunnery checks.
For the contents of the shuttle (5 Succ, 3 Adv), you have very specific details. There are 8 occupants: 1 Pilot, 1 Co-pilot, and six passengers (all male humans). All passengers have carbine weapons and wear armor (1/1 Def). The co-pilot has a particularly strange energy signature from his entire body that is different from the others (3 Adv: detail not normally available through successes). His energy weapon is a lightsaber.
Yikes. We've got problems here.

How about we leave the people we rescued aboard the ship, and then the 3 of us take up hidden cover positions around the likely landing spot of the ship? That would hopefully give us cross-fire options on wherever they exit from and help us thin them out before they return fire. (Assuming these are bad guys. If it turns out to be Republic and Jedi, then hold our fire).

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm

The biggest issue is if they want us dead, there won't be a chance for us to shoot back.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Also, BA is focusing to increase is Brawn by 1

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:29 pm
How about we leave the people we rescued aboard the ship, and then the 3 of us take up hidden cover positions around the likely landing spot of the ship? That would hopefully give us cross-fire options on wherever they exit from and help us thin them out before they return fire. (Assuming these are bad guys. If it turns out to be Republic and Jedi, then hold our fire).
The docking tower has many levels and it is unclear exactly where they will land. From the bay of The Vandura, one could probable eyeball it if they wanted to. There are docking bays on many levels. They could land a level up, a level below, or somewhere on the same level. If crazy enough, they COULD try to dislodge The Vandura or squeeze in here (highly unlikely, though, and very dangerous). You'd have short notice to observe the exact location in which they land. However, if the 'ambush' area were just inside this bay or the outer hallway, then it wouldn't really matter where they landed, one would think, and you'd have more time.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:14 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm
The biggest issue is if they want us dead, there won't be a chance for us to shoot back.
I don't think they're going to come in with ship guns blazing to destroy our ship. My guess is they want to recover what we took. Heck, maybe they're even Jedi. My vote is to gauge their most likely approach on foot and then set up an ambush to take them out. If it goes poorly, we try to retreat to our ship (where we left the people we rescued) and take off and flee. Anjali has one stun grenade; other than that it's just her blaster pistol. It's unfortunate that stun is short range only.

Also, Anjali is still close to her strain threshold. She could stim herself to at least clear out her wounds.

We could also set up the ambush but call on them to "freeze" as soon as they're in range, and give a chance to talk it out. We'll be outnumbered, though.

Return to “Discussion”