OOC: The Holodisk

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: The Holodisk

Post by Flamiel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 pm
We retrieved a shot data core and various useful medical tools. If there are any medical devices or tools in there people wished to have found, then ask in OOC and it'll likely be something we now have. It was a bare-bones operation. Nothing but some tools, med-patches, and such. No computers or permanent items or files.
How about Hologoggles (Medicine)? :D Maybe the good doctor left them behind.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:52 am

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 pm
We retrieved a shot data core and various useful medical tools. If there are any medical devices or tools in there people wished to have found, then ask in OOC and it'll likely be something we now have. It was a bare-bones operation. Nothing but some tools, med-patches, and such. No computers or permanent items or files.
How about Hologoggles (Medicine)? :D Maybe the good doctor left them behind.
I do not have Disciples of Harmony. I see from a reference source that it is 6,000cr and R6. What does it do?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Do you not have OggDude's character generator with imported data from the community? It has almost everything collected there in one place.

Learning is accomplished much more effectively when it integrates dedicated practice time. Hologoggles enable wearers to experience an artificial environment, within which they can enjoy a realistic experience devoted to training a specific skill. Each set of hologoggles is specialized for training in a particular field of study at a predetermined level of aptitude. A course of training normally takes eight weeks to complete, at a rate of a few hours each day. When the user completes a course of study, a new set of hologoggles can be purchased to continue in that field at a more advanced level or to study in a different field.

When purchasing a set of hologoggles, a character selects one non-combat skill. That skill now counts as a career skill as long as the character owns the goggles (however, at the GM's discretion, the goggles must be used for several hours a day for a period of several months to gain this bonus). A character may only receive benefits from one pair of hologoggles at a time; if he wishes to count a new skill as a career skill, he must discard the current set of hologoggles and purchase a new one.
Features:
Skill (Medicine as Career Skill) Mod

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm
Do you not have OggDude's character generator with imported data from the community? It has almost everything collected there in one place.
A course of training normally takes eight weeks to complete, at a rate of a few hours each day. When the user completes a course of study, a new set of hologoggles can be purchased to continue in that field at a more advanced level or to study in a different field.

When purchasing a set of hologoggles, a character selects one non-combat skill. That skill now counts as a career skill as long as the character owns the goggles (however, at the GM's discretion, the goggles must be used for several hours a day for a period of several months to gain this bonus).
Features:
Skill (Medicine as Career Skill) Mod
Looks great!!! I find that I just didn't use Oggdude's much when I had it. Maybe I'll re-download it for such references. The hologoggles are among the items gathered before we departed the building.

I think it works great with Anjali's background and the current situation. As far as the time needed to gain the benefit, we can work with that. For example, these captives have a small device implanted in back of their necks. I think it'd convey a bonus of some kind to remove such a device. I am short on time this week but will try to get up an IC describing the current situation, Anjali coming around, what the captives convey, and so forth.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Ok, sweet. The only other thing I think we need medically (on small scale) is a standard medpac (400cr, conveys a boost to medicine checks, but the main thing is allowing the check without the added difficulty for not having proper equipment).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 pm
Ok, sweet. The only other thing I think we need medically (on small scale) is a standard medpac (400cr, conveys a boost to medicine checks, but the main thing is allowing the check without the added difficulty for not having proper equipment).
Multiple medpacs around. Let's say we snagged two. Probably a bunch of stims, too.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 pm

Roll a d6 for stims, maybe? Also, any Conflict gained narratively? I didn't record any mechanical Conflict (for morality roll).

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Morality roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D10+0=7

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:03 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 pm
Roll a d6 for stims, maybe? Also, any Conflict gained narratively? I didn't record any mechanical Conflict (for morality roll).

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Morality roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D10+0=7
A dozen stims. Due to some of things that could go on here, there was an ample supply. ;)

I wasn't tracking Morailty closely, but I may do so more in the future. The group was a mixed Edge - Force and Destiny group. Some have Obligation, some Morality. The original GM wanted everyone to have The Force for something he had planned. It is fine to add Morality.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:22 pm

OK, sorry, I've been busy.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; recover strain:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImage
lmao, successes are for other people.

BA is down to regroup and then try to find them again, this time with more of a plan, hopefully. He didn't like how this recent fight turned out.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm

@Doctor Who No Problem! BTW, BA has an IC Vigilance check to make. As I get time this evening or next, I'll have Anjali wake and move us from there.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:34 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:22 pm

lmao, successes are for other people.
Seriously, dude. It's like BA has one hand tied behind his back to make it sporting, but at this rate we're going to have to invest next in an assassin droid to beef up our offense. :D

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:58 am

Lol, yeah, the dice just won't give me success, but advantages I have in spades.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:30 am

What was the difficulty on the vigilance check?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:35 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:30 am
What was the difficulty on the vigilance check?
"An AVG Vigilance check for BA. +1 Boost seeing it done earlier by Anjali, and +1 Boost for those Advantages you rolled."

This is to keep track of the tracking beacon. Failure just means a more vague location.

**Successes are overrated.** ;)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am

Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; vigilance:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage
no successes again

BA is not allowed to succeed. I am, in fact, a little salty at that at this point.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:47 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; vigilance:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage
Shouldn't his Vigilance be YGG??? I believe you are missing two green dice. Please roll those two.

no successes again

BA is not allowed to succeed. I am, in fact, a little salty at that at this point.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 am

Woops, thought I put those in.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Vigilance :
4 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImage
lmao

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:55 am

FINALLY!!! 4 Successes and 3 Advantages. BA definitely has a fix on their location. (This isn't so hard!) It is very precise. Any idea for the three advantages?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 am

@Doctor Who
BA has a precise location in a building not far away. It is beyond the destroyed sector we are in and it is no longer moving. It hasn't moved for some time. It is in a corporate building. Maybe the 1 Adv's indicate an entry way? An exit? A window? Something about the building?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Any medpac will probably do fine.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Oh, is Caspo with us, or are we comming him at the ship?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 am

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 pm
Oh, is Caspo with us, or are we comming him at the ship?
Riding in back of the speeder, we can say. Droids pack up pretty easily. ;)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Anjali medicine check on herself:

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Med check on herself:
3 Successes, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anjali knowledge check for the planet (forgot to change description):

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Outer Rim check:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
Anjali knowledge check for the planet (forgot to change description):

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Outer Rim check:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Christophsis" is an Outer Rim planet on the Corellian Run. It has crystalline formations and forests, usually in the blue-green-purple range. It is near Rodia, Tatooine, Ando, Falleen, Geonosis, Soccorro, and Ryloth, among others. The planet has a population that is 2/3 Human, mostly of brown skin. It is ruled by an arrogant Mercantile Oligarchy. Nearby asteroids create a hazardous situation for the planet and sometimes plummet to its surface. Overall, it is an indifferent and unimportant planet with low strategic value to either The Republic or the Sith Empire. It hovers the borderline between the two current territories. The physical description of the doctor matches that of the people there.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
Anjali medicine check on herself:

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Med check on herself:
3 Successes, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
No injected toxins into your bloodstream.

Return to “Discussion”