OOC: The Kizer Rift

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: The Kizer Rift

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:31 am

Anjali has the following shopping list, but we also should consider getting a proper ship. It will probably require some Debt Obligation, unless we go with something really cheap like a G-9 Rigger (55k). That would leave us each with around 7k to spend on other stuff right now. If we want something in the YT series or other, debt will likely be required.

@SavageBob , some of these might be redundant with what Alamy already has or is better-suited to use, in which case Anjali could drop them from her list.
Data Breaker	                Slicing Tools	             1,000  Rarity 6 (restricted)
Bioscan	                        Tools/Electronics	     2,000  Rarity 1
Military Medpac	                Medical	                     400    Rarity 3
Stimpack x20				                     500
Recon Remote			Remotes	                     250     Rarity 2
Infrabinoculars			Detection/Surveillance       350     Rarity 5
Emergency Repair Patch x10	Tools/Electronics	     250     Rarity 2

TOTAL                                                        4,750

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:37 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 am
So BA would like to buy two vamblades, and blast knuckles (rarity 6(R)) if possible.

Did you post what the future job is yet, or not?

I may try to spend on more stuff, depending on the job. Otherwise I got some RP stuff to spend it on.
Two Vamblades, Rarity 4 (-2 Coruscant) EASY Image Negotiation Check.
A job for our new Protocol Droid Anjali crafted!!!

Blast Knuckles, Rarity 6(R) (-2 Coruscant) AVG ImageImage Streetwise Check
Restricted = 200% markup in cost, so 1,500 credits if found.
Alamy can make the Streetwise check for us. +1 Boost for BA's help.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:58 am

Yes, 'cause be needs 10 vamblades.

He's gonna wear them all on a chain on his neck. Completely useless in a fight. :P

BA will just be purchasing the 2.

Also, you didn't answer my other question.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:58 am
Yes, 'cause be needs 10 vamblades.

Also, you didn't answer my other question.
A very efficient droid that we have. Sometimes a bit quirky.

Ah.... I realized I did not answer the adv question after I signed off last night and went to bed. No, I hadn't fully decided yet. I thought I confused with Uprising about having already laid out options to get some feedback, so let me do that now.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

POSSIBLE OPTIONS & GM THOUGHTS:

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:56 pm

POSSIBLE OPTIONS & GM THOUGHTS:

What sort of 'mission' would people like to do?
Corporate espionage?
Something Old Republic / Sith involved?
On/Off Coruscant?
Hutts? Smuggling? Illicit items?

Classic A-Team jobs of helping the innocent?

Coruscant is rebuilding after a two-year Sith occupation and a treaty has been signed between the Republic and Sith Empire. The fledgling Black Sun gang is at its infancy.

Maybe something blending the military (BA & Monty) along with something corporate (AA) and public scandal (AAA)?

Something bringing us back into conflict with General Fentz, wife, and staff?

I had my ideas, but what are you thoughts?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:24 pm

EDIT: reading some of Anjali's background, she could have come across an "enslaved and odjectified" soul and persuaded the group to get the culprits. (Turning down the generals offer for a job). Thatd be more to A-Team style....working for the oppressed and wrongly accused.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Brainstorming while I'm driving for work ...

"She digs, she reveals. That's what she does." (Alamy).

I think I have it!!! Combined with Anjali's background, it makes for some wrongs to be righted! May I suggest purchasing a planetary transport instead of an interstellar starship? Either works, I suppose.

I could perhaps post the first entry this weekend and thatd allow some to purchase items they may need. @Doctor Who

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:53 am

I think I've seen enough of the captain and the general's wife for a little while. Something with the Sith would certainly be interesting. Busting up slavers is always good, too.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:14 am

Sith stuff would be fine. BA would probably be fine getting away and getting to help doing some violent stuff.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:52 am

once Alamy helps out with the roll, BA has some RP purchases to make.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:13 am

@SavageBob Back from the holiday?
Blast Knuckles, Rarity 6(R) (-2 Coruscant) AVG Streetwise Check
Restricted = 200% markup in cost, so 1,500 credits if found.
Alamy can make the Streetwise check for us. +1 Boost for BA's help.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:46 pm

The end of the holiday led into a week of workshops and the first week of classes! Finally a breather.

I can definitely roll for the Streetwise check. I also have a wishlist for AAA of purchases to make, but I'm also game for going for a ship. Some mobility is always good.

AAA; Alpha Squad; Streetwise:
1 Failure, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The dice are punishing me for being away for so long. How do you want to spend the Advantages, Doc?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:35 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:46 pm
The end of the holiday led into a week of workshops and the first week of classes! Finally a breather.

I can definitely roll for the Streetwise check. I also have a wishlist for AAA of purchases to make, but I'm also game for going for a ship. Some mobility is always good.
You can probably swing both the purchases and the ship, though it may require a little bit of Debt obligation.

Oh, and off topic: I'm reading the Star Wars book "Crash of Fate", and the author names a character "Anjali"! What are the odds?? 8-)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 am

That is quite cool! I suppose the timeline is too late for it to be our Anjali?

So, I got Ranged (Light) 3 for the 15 XP. That should give Alamy A YYG pool, which is pretty good for probably the rest of her career. I have a few things I have my eye on to buy, but we have a protocol droid to do our shopping for us now, right? Alamy can help him track stuff down.

BPEA-1A Cascader (Rarity 8, Enc –; upgrade all Charm, Deception, and Leadership checks by one), 1800 credits

We can start there. The other stuff she wants is high-encumbrance and only really feasible if we have a ship to store it in.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 am
BPEA-1A Cascader (Rarity 8, Enc –; upgrade all Charm, Deception, and Leadership checks by one), 1800 credits

We can start there. The other stuff she wants is high-encumbrance and only really feasible if we have a ship to store it in.
Cascader....a nice bit of equipment. It was, in fact, invented on Coruscant. -1 to Rarity knocks it down a notch to Hard.

It will be a YGG+B vs DDD. No other boosts apply. You can make the roll.
Spoiler:
The Coruscant Cascader BPEA-IA was a piece of jewellery developed by Farbreini MicroElectronics Limited based on the planet Coruscant.

Described as an electronic molecular excitation net, the Cascader produced a light show that used a matrix of custom-designed light shapes that could be used to accentuate a wearer's figure and highlight their positive attributes. The Cascader was perfectly safe to wear, although its power requirements meant that people touching it would experience a slight tingling sensation.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:20 pm

AAA; Alpha Squad; Negotiation:
1 Success, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2 Threats, though...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Cascades are in high demand, +10% cost. 1,980cr.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am

Totally worth it. @SavageBob , did you see my PM about item purchases?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:58 am

@SavageBob I don't particularly have something I want to spend those advantages on.

With that out of the way, for an RP purchase, I'm going to spend some money trying to get a hold of any Jedi (given that this is after the sack of Coruscant, I believe they moved their temple?) to ask about any rumors on Morgukai survivors from the Sith purge of their world. Also contacting any Hutts that are willing to give info about it. I'm finally not running/arrested, so BA finally has in character time to look

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:58 am
With that out of the way, for an RP purchase, I'm going to spend some money trying to get a hold of any Jedi (given that this is after the sack of Coruscant, I believe they moved their temple?) to ask about any rumors on Morgukai survivors from the Sith purge of their world. Also contacting any Hutts that are willing to give info about it. I'm finally not running/arrested, so BA finally has in character time to look
The best I can tell from Wookieepedia-Legends, the Morgukai tradition only began during this period. Yet, I see another section talking about the Sith-Republic War and following Cold War where a Sith was tasked with taking on the (long-existing Morgukai) because they were devastating the Sith in combat.

There is also a tradition of building one's own cortosis staff and/or armor as a test of the order (much like Jedi building a lightsaber). It says the Nikto mistrusted jedi and sith equally. I don't know that the Republic (Jedi) was friendly to them, either.

What is your take on these things?
Spoiler:
During the time of the Cold War, a proxy conflict between the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic, miners on the world had discovered cave paintings, presumably made by pre-civilized Nikto. Eventually, someone was sent to discover the history behind the paintings. Findings revealed that the paintings depicted four terrible wars in Kintan's ancient past and honored a warlord named Da-Shek Yalaa.[3]

The Morgukai warrior tradition arose on the planet, elite and isolated from other Nikto.
Spoiler:
The Kintan Kingdom was the name given to a region of the Nikto Sector of the moon Nar Shaddaa during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. The area was named for the Kintan Kings, a criminal gang that controlled the Nikto Sector.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Oh, I know the Jedi arent friendly to them. But if they have info, that's what BA is looking for.

The second one sounds cool, but no rush on it.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:26 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am
She might, but she's at max encumbrance now. We'll need a ship to store things before she's able to get much of anything else.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:19 pm
Oh, I know the Jedi arent friendly to them. But if they have info, that's what BA is looking for.

The second one sounds cool, but no rush on it.
As I read it, the Jedi temple was destroyed and their kind, dispersed. I like to try and stay as close to the Legends as possible. BA's not built to be an investigator, but not everything needs to comes down to a roll. I'll see what I can do. :D

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:10 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:26 am
Flamiel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am
She might, but she's at max encumbrance now. We'll need a ship to store things before she's able to get much of anything else.
We have a vehicle, just not a ship.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:10 am
We have a vehicle, just not a ship.
If by vehicle you mean the cargo skiff, that was just for the mission. Sorry if I indicated otherwise. A speeder isn't expensive, anyways.
Spoiler:
Arrow-7 Airspeeder, Customized
12,000cr (new)/ Rarity 2.
Passenger capacity: 6.

A good resource to sort by speeder and passenger capacity.
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/

Return to “Discussion”