OOC: Cantina 571

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: Cantina 571

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Where was the outlined mission? I want to run through it and see if BA has any questions from his point of view
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:24 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Where was the outlined mission? I want to run through it and see if BA has any questions from his point of view
Cut-and-pasted it below. (Always a trick for the GM to remember what he's written!!!)
Spoiler:
The rotund general looks down and reaches for a napkin near his plate of food. He wipes off his hands, first one and then the other. (Symbolically, perhaps?) He shows no reaction to Alamy's accusation either way.

“That robbery was some time ago." he says before looking up. He speaks in a deep, bellowing voice. "Witnesses were few, the evidence...sketchy... and the public wanted someone to blame. If I pulled some strings and made some arrangements, I could persuade the authorities to clear your names. That is....in exchange for a service."

“You were once called “The A-Squad”, yes? A group of skilled individuals assigned to take on special law enforcement tasks? Well, I have a task for you."

The nameless man at the table gives his approval with a nod.

During the battle of the Dursant Sector a large contingent of Sith forces plummeted to their death from the bridge over the Kizer Rift. Among those troops were several prized Sith War Droids. I know this because “I” was in charge of defending that sector and it was “I” who ordered the bridge to be blown.

The Kizer Rift extends all the way down to the deepest undersectors. The bravest Republic soldiers won’t even consider traveling there due to the lawless streets and dangerous criminal element.

However, now that the Treaty of Coruscant has been signed, I am wondering if some of those war droids survived. The retrieval of such a droid, or its remains, would be highly prized by the Republic and they would pay me accordingly.

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a disc. It shows a holographic image of a war droid in action.

“This sith war droid is the Mark II version. It has three leg appendages and two heavy blaster cannons. Surely, it’s inactive by now. Probably salvaged for parts by junkmen by now" he wonders aloud.

"I can provide you with some remotes to aid in your search and a repulsor skiff for you to travel on. The skiff has an electromagnet and has been modified to descend to the depths of Coruscant, but just not over bottomless chasms."

"I want YOU to find a Sith War Droid for me. For this service, I can vouch for your innocence and have your records expunged. In addition, for bringing back a simple chassis, I could enrich your pockets by 4,000 credits apiece. For one with the droid brain intact? 10,000 credits apiece. And, if by some chance, you bring back a functional war droid? 20,000 credits apiece. I only need ONE droid."

"Afterwards? You can go your separate ways. Or, you can stick around Coruscant and take care of some other tasks. What say you?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am

Short session. Change of Scenes. Starting new threads. Spend or save the XP, it is up to you. You DO know what you will likely be doing (a search in a dangerous area).

XP = +10

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:01 am

Maybe buy some ion or stun grenades

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:04 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:01 am
Maybe buy some ion or stun grenades
Good idea! Consider items able to be purchased (within reason). No need to roll for rarity. Being on Coruscant reduces the rarity considerably, anyways. :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:08 am

BA might actually go look for any Morgukai staves that may be on the planet. I completely understand it's almost certainly no, but in character, I'd like to at least roleplay a search out.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:10 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:08 am
BA might actually go look for any Morgukai staves that may be on the planet. I completely understand it's almost certainly no, but in character, I'd like to at least roleplay a search out.
Yeah, we'll see if we stumble across the remains of some dead Sith or Jedi. Might be a lightsaber or crystal buried in there.... :D

Where should we be on wounds right now? Back to 0?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Yes. All back to zero, except for any criticals. Maybe it takes two days to get ready. Monty has a critical 68%. I guess someone in-ground can try a medicine check.

Can think about Nikto stragglers, too. Always a chance.

Jedi-Sith stuff always tricky. Not trying to run a FP focused campaign. But could be a good item to find to make contacts or credits with.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Good. Monty took a rank in Pilot-Planetary. Toughened. Wow! FIRST Toughened on the Mercenary Tree is 20pts down the tree! I thought he got that early! It'll help! Monty also filled out some Career skills with +5pts each.

Return to “Discussion”