OOC: "Return to Coruscant"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: "Return to Coruscant"

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 am

Off Topic
"Yeah, I know of the place. What are you planning to do once you get there???" he asks somewhat puzzled. "Generals.... Can't arrest them. Can't shoot them."
Speaking of which, what would you say IS the plan? Revenge killing? Confront and hope he caves? Find evidence and someone with authority to do something about it? (That's two different tasks!) Recover the money? Expose the theft publicly? Track the General home?

It could be possible that some in on the theft will know who you are (either from setting you up or by the publicity of the trial).

I could see some infiltrating going on, some challenging top-of-the-line tech defenses, maybe. (Not necessarily at the Cantina.)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:21 am

That's a very good question! Way back on p. 1 of this thread, I asked what we were doing on Coruscant when you had us make Knowledge checks. I think in the excitement of the rolls, things moved on before we ever established what we were doing on Coruscant and why we were looking for this Cantina 571.

Revenge killing doesn't seem to be our style. Confronting him is unlikely to get us anywhere without some leverage. Recovering the money might be interesting -- like we're trying to clear our names somehow. Tracking him home or trying to dig up dirt on him might be a valid option, but I'm hesitant to just rehash our previous adventure.

An out-of-the-box idea might be that he heard about what we did to his lackey on Lannik and actually contacted us to meet him at the cantina. Maybe he promised us ever bigger fish if we left him alone, or said he had some kind of job for us that would allow us to clear our names. We'd all be super suspicious of him, naturally, but it would open the door to a different type of adventure.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:21 am

I pretty much went with "catch the guy who did us wrong", but you are right, there's a bit more to it.

Perhaps that is an option....he gets to us before we get to him. You're also right in (me) not wanting a re-hash of Lannik (infiltrate, get evidence, and confront). At some point we really can't take on a bunch of armed soldiers/guards/etc... Taking on 10-mil credit thieves is something more for 1,000pt characters, maybe. It's like taking on the Hutts or a crime syndicate. The crime was always, "thieves stole the credits and these soldiers helped out". Perhaps taking the pardon is the best they can do against galactic forces. I am always open for ideas! (Though, I have many of my own!)

Ironically, the A-Team TV show had them turn to working for a General who promised them pardons if they did missions for him. The show ended without that really being resolved. :D

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm all for emulating the show. Sounds like a great way to get missions. :)

But let us know what you think as GM about why we're after this guy, and our characters can run with that.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:52 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:42 pm
I'm all for emulating the show. Sounds like a great way to get missions. :)

But let us know what you think as GM about why we're after this guy, and our characters can run with that.
Well, a lot has to do with temperament. You didn't mind the Justicars murdering gang members in front of you, so perhaps you don't mind cutting deals to get your names cleared when it doesn't involve solving/rectifying the crime?

Monty & AA were directly implicated as members of Coruscant military security (albeit, AA as a sort of contractor). BA stood up for his friends and stuck his nose in to clear them. AAA got a tip about a guy named Helios and a big job going down. She joined up in investigating and got caught up in it. Of course, the original group were all military in background, but what we have works.

The A-Team was pretty altruistically-good, while we may not be. But I was playing like we were.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:58 pm

I guess it is a group decision as to whether go for "a cleared name and an unsolved crime". Rather, a crime in which no one knows the culprit, but some lackeys (us) were implicated.
@Flamiel @Doctor Who

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:22 am

I'm fine with that. BA's technically actually guilty of his crime (assaulting a superior officer to stand up for you guys) so BA is tagging along to help you no longer be implicated.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Anjali is pissed off, so her morals here could be a little looser. If the General is a really bad dude, she wouldn't be opposed to eliminating him, or at least seeing him jailed for life. At the same time, if she regains autonomy, she might be willing to cut a deal.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 am

What happened to everyone?

I mean, I can respond as BA, but I figured one of the more planning focused characters would have said something.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 am
What happened to everyone?

I mean, I can respond as BA, but I figured one of the more planning focused characters would have said something.
Whew! S-L-O-W week!!! Work, home life, moving....I guess a lot is going on with people.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:03 am

Yeah, guess it is. Both of the games I'm in crawled to a complete and total halt, lol.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 pm

I wasn't sure what was going on exactly. AAA mentioned that the general had asked for us, but I think DS took that to mean for the robbery. I was speaking of this rendezvous. I've had AAA speak again to clarify. If that's not the direction we're going, we can ignore/delete that post.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 pm
I wasn't sure what was going on exactly. AAA mentioned that the general had asked for us, but I think DS took that to mean for the robbery. I was speaking of this rendezvous. I've had AAA speak again to clarify. If that's not the direction we're going, we can ignore/delete that post.
Oh, yes, my mistake, perhaps. I was speaking do whether the General "specifically" selected us to be the ones set up or whether we were merely caught up in things by chance. If it is the former, then the General would know exactly who we are. If it is the former, then he "may" know who we are if he followed the news/trial of our conviction. We know of no reason that we would be specifically selected. It is far more likely that he'd not even know who we are. As it was, we (some of us) were convicted for assisting in the theft, not in being the main culprits.

He did not ask for us. Cpt. Greckel indicated that the general (with whom he is having an affair with his wife) who is funneling large sums of credits to Lannik lives on Coruscant and frequents Cantina 571. It is a general who was in charge of part of Coruscant during the Sith war & occupation.

We are in the awkward position of wanting our names cleared but not having the sway, power, or evidence to do it. Monty was suggesting (IC) a ruse. The General does not know what we know or do not know. If we played it right (and made the right rolls!) then we could bluff him into clearing our names. That is, if he is guilty of something. We have some bits and clues. We also know that he is sending large sums of credits to Lannik through his wife. It might be enough to Persuade/Coerce/Bluff him into getting us cleared.

You can delete the post.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am

Well, another possibility is that he heard through the grapevine what we did to Greckel and surmised we'd come after him next. He's decided to invite us for a rendezvous to make us a counteroffer. (At any rate, I've deleted the post. We can proceed as us just hunting him to try to bluff him instead.)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am
Well, another possibility is that he heard through the grapevine what we did to Greckel and surmised we'd come after him next. He's decided to invite us for a rendezvous to make us a counteroffer. (At any rate, I've deleted the post. We can proceed as us just hunting him to try to bluff him instead.)
A little retcon-ing to have that been done. But at this point, I think perhaps he was expecting us but rather didn't have a way to contact us between then and now.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm

I'm good with whatever you all decide as a group.

So he expects us, but couldn't contact us? Sounds fine.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:26 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm
I'm good with whatever you all decide as a group.
So he expects us, but couldn't contact us? Sounds fine.
Well, perhaps more accurately, he maybe heard of our escape and exploits, but didn't know where to reach us. Not a big thing. Busy week this week. Perhaps I can get something up by end of the week. Tues-Wed nights a wash. Sorry for the delay. :)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm

It's all good! Looking forward to the meet-and-greet with this dude. :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 am

Upcoming "screenwipe" ....... Will jump to another scene.

In the meantime,+20 xp

Since we settled up on XP from before, my Excel Sheet is tracking XP as such:

Anjali 280 (I checked sheet, it adds up per your comments. Her bottom-of-sheet needs adjusting.)
Alamy 265 (including last 10 given above. Adds up, too.)
Sai/BA 260 (including last 10 given above. Adds up, too.)

Return to “Discussion”