OOC: "Return to Coruscant"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

OOC: "Return to Coruscant"

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:58 am

Coruscant - Planet.jpg
Coruscant - Planet.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 4317 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: "Return to Coruscant"

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 pm

The Force is with us!

GM; A-Squad; Destiny Points:
, 4 Light Side , 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:51 am

To see what you may recall about Coruscant and Undersector 571 (location of Cantina 571), each may make a Knowledge: Underworld check to determine what you may know going in.
AVG + Boost + Setback die. ImageImageImageImage
The Boost die for being 'from' there (in the not-too-distant past, anyways).
The Setback die for unfamiliar developments since you were last there. Remember, it has been about two years since you've been there. The pre-prison adventure was a flashback.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 am

A little refresher...

Anjali had escaped as exploitation and used her considerable technical skill and abilities to land a job working with the Coruscant Security Forces (Republic Army, basically).
Motivation: Righteousness – (Str) Injustice, (Weak) Cold-heartedness

Sai "BA" was friends with Boss and Monty. He asked questions about their arrest and was thrown in with them for his bad attitude. Steadfastly against the Sith, but no friend of the Jedi, either.
Motivation? Strength? Weakness? TBD.

Alamy (AAA) was an investigative reporter who was tipped off to a secret job going down and tracked Helios to the group. She was caught up in the false accusations against A-Squad. Guilt by association.
Motivation: Injustice/Corruption – (Str) Justice, (Weak) Cruelty

Monty Peppard led a police squad called A-Squad on Coruscant. His group was framed for robbing the First Bank of Coruscant during the Sith attack.
Motivation? Strength? Weakness? TBD.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:51 am
To see what you may recall about Coruscant and Undersector 571 (location of Cantina 571), each may make a Knowledge: Underworld check to determine what you may know going in.
The Setback die for unfamiliar developments since you were last there. Remember, it has been about two years since you've been there. The pre-prison adventure was a flashback.
What's the context of the roll? If we know we're supposed to meet a contact in Undersector 571, might it make sense that we'd put our heads together for a combined roll? I think that would be ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage, based on Anjali's Intellect, boosts from at least 2 of us, the boost you mentioned, and the removal of a Setback due to Alamy's Street Smarts talent.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:51 am
What's the context of the roll? If we know we're supposed to meet a contact in Undersector 571, might it make sense that we'd put our heads together for a combined roll? I think that would be ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage, based on Anjali's Intellect, boosts from at least 2 of us, the boost you mentioned, and the removal of a Setback due to Alamy's Street Smarts talent.
This time, I'd actually prefer that each of you roll separately because it may determine which one of you remembers what, as well as what current events you know about and where you think might be best to start asking around. We have some soldier, detective, scholar possibilities built into our backgrounds and I hope to connect some of it. The adventure is fluid, so any particular person could recall helpful information (or not!). I like to let the dice "fall where they may."

Not a 'contact', per say, just what you know about what's gone on the last two years since we've been on the run. It may have been street-talk, a fellow prison inmate, Holonet News, biased propaganda, out-dated info, cantina chatter, rumors, etc... Needless to say, the Sith attack left things in shambles and Underworld activity has flourished. By whom and in what way? We need to see what you have heard.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:24 am

Monty Peppard's roll...

Monty Peppard; A-Squad; Underworld Knowledge:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 Adv: a non-pertinent tidbit of info
Monty's been out of the loop too long to have heard what's going on.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:47 am

Is there no longer a follow thread option?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:37 pm

(Sorry for the delay -- I had a narrow posting window the last couple days, and the site seemed to be down during that time.)

Alamy gets to ignore the setback (Streetsmarts), but, alas, she is also in the dark save for a tidbit of related information.

AAA; Alpha Squad; Knowledge (Underworld):
1 Failure, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

AAA; Alpha Squad; Knowledge (Underworld) (correction):
0 Success, 0 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:47 am
Is there no longer a follow thread option?
not sure. Do you mean seeing it in unread posts or receiving an email notification?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Usually there is a little option on that wrench icon to follow topic, I thought, but I don't see it anymore and I wanted to follow this thread to get alerts when new posts happen.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:18 pm

@Doctor Who @Flamiel
An AVG+SB+B (ImageImageImageImage) Knowledge: Underworld check awaits for BA & Anjali to make. A success or Adv may cater the thread towards that particular character when it comes to Underworld contacts on Coruscant.
@SavageBob

In addition, each character can subtract 850 credits from their total for transportation and the credits needed to get through customs with certain restricted gear and armament. At a tabletop, maybe we play that all out (Charm, Deception, Skulduggery, Core Worlds, Coercion, Negotiation rolls, etc...), but on PBP its better to skip it for the sake of time, IMO.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 pm

So I guess there's no way anymore to watch this thread to get alerts when someone posts?

BA fails, as expected of him when a non-combat skill is involved :P

BA; ASquad; Underworld:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:19 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 pm
So I guess there's no way anymore to watch this thread to get alerts when someone posts?
By 'alerts' you mean get an email....no. (I saw the Republic Senate post). It used to be an option to get an email when a post was made.

By 'notifications' at the top of the screen in the bar (Quick Links....FAQ's.......Notifications....Private Messages....)...yes. As was said in the other post. "Bookmark Topic".
Wrench.JPG
Wrench.JPG (28.14 KiB) Viewed 4284 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 pm
BA fails, as expected of him when a non-combat skill is involved :P
Save for Flamiel (Anjali), we may be 'in-the-dark' when it comes to the developments in the Coruscant underworld. That's okay. Makes it more adventurous!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:18 pm

In addition, each character can subtract 850 credits from their total for transportation and the credits needed to get through customs with certain restricted gear and armament. At a tabletop, maybe we play that all out (Charm, Deception, Skulduggery, Core Worlds, Coercion, Negotiation rolls, etc...), but on PBP its better to skip it for the sake of time, IMO.
Sorry for the delay; my wife has a new job, and my daughter is no longer in her potted-plant stage, so watching her is more involved than it used to be!

I think the Nikto were supposed to give us some sort of special herbs or something for helping them in lieu of payment. Did that happen?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Mike {LIFE} just got busy for many of us lately!

I seem to remember something about special herbs. I suppose you can be creative with what they may have given you. I'm open to pretty much anything.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm
Mike just got busy for many of us lately!

I seem to remember something about special herbs. I suppose you can be creative with what they may have given you. I'm open to pretty much anything.
Perhaps something that could be crafted into a special stim that removes a crit (or maybe just reduces the difficulty by one). But lookout, take more than 1 in a session and you get addicted (if it just reduces the difficulty, then I'd say roll Image and only get addicted on a despair).

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:18 pm
@Doctor Who @Flamiel
An AVG+SB+B (ImageImageImageImage) Knowledge: Underworld check awaits for BA & Anjali to make. A success or Adv may cater the thread towards that particular character when it comes to Underworld contacts on Coruscant.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Underworld:
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am

I like the pharmaceutical idea, even if we're just trying to offload the cargo to some corp and get a few samples.

And finally someone with some knowledge! :D

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 am

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 am
Perhaps something that could be crafted into a special stim that removes a crit (or maybe just reduces the difficulty by one). But lookout, take more than 1 in a session and you get addicted (if it just reduces the difficulty, then I'd say roll Image and only get addicted on a despair).
Looks like a winner to me. I am not big on 'crafting', so we can hand-wave it into existence. I could go with extra-potency, too. Maybe +2 Wounds healed? I like randomness to such rolls. Maybe roll 2d4 to see how many of such stims you can make with the herbs?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:56 pm

I was going to have AAA respond, but I can't find why it was we had come to Coruscant and were trying to get to Undersector 571. What's drawn us here, DS?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:56 pm
I was going to have AAA respond, but I can't find why it was we had come to Coruscant and were trying to get to Undersector 571. What's drawn us here, DS?
No problem. I know that the PBP lapsed for a bit and then I jumped from Greckel to here to help kickstart things rather than bog down in details with wrapping it up on Lannik. Greckel's last comments were about General Fentz (since we asked). Apparently, he has some duty on Coruscant and likes to frequent a Cantina 571. Presumably in undersector 571.
Spoiler:
(Greckel) "I worked for General Fentz on Coruscant, yeah. During the time of the Sith attack which devastated most of the planet. That's where I met Sisira. We fell in love. She said the General was sitting on a pile of credits and that she wanted to move them off-planet so we could elope together. I got a a job with the planetary police here on Lannik and we began transferring credits bit by bit."

"You say you have a beef with him? Well, keep me OUT OF IT. Coruscant’s got over one TRILLION inhabitants and probably a few million in his sector alone!!! Fat chance of running into him there! Plus, lots of the undersectors are run by criminals and gangs since the Republic collapsed and much of the surface was rubble. Now, he DOES frequent a cantina in his undersector, Cantina 571, it's called.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 am

Great roll! Give me a little time. Car transmission went out today IRL. Got tow home after 9pm. I have a second, similar car, so I have transportation. Gotta transition for a day. Miss day of work tomorrow. Figure things out. Junk the first car. Change insurance. Go to DMV, turn in plates. Etc...

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed May 01, 2019 3:48 am

We need to secure our own ship....

Return to “Discussion”