OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 am

Okay, so are we waiting on @Doctor Who BA or Monty then to make a roll? Sounds like it would be ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage for the pool.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:16 am

Oh, sorry, didnt realize it was me. My apartment just had some flooding issues and I have an internship orientation all day tomorrow, but I'll try to roll in the evening when I can get my laptop.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 am

Internet isnt back yet, and my phone randomly logs me out of this site, so if someone wants to roll for me go ahead.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 pm

BA; Alpha Squad; big roll:
3 Failures, 8 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My bad luck continues :P

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:19 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 pm
BA; Alpha Squad; big roll:
3 Failures, 8 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My bad luck continues :P
WHOA!!! I guess I have to figure how this plays out, then!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 am

:lol: That's hilarious. Every possible Image that could have been rolled was rolled. :lol:

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Maybe BA is so furious and threatening, that it scares Greckel speechless. So we don't get any info from him, but maybe the next attempt has the difficulty downgraded twice?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 pm
Maybe BA is so furious and threatening, that it scares Greckel speechless. So we don't get any info from him, but maybe the next attempt has the difficulty downgraded twice?
Coercion did not work, maybe Charm will? I'll consider it. Significant penalties for beating him up, though. This one's a brain-teaser to figure it out. Off to work for the evening, for me. Time to think on it. Or, he discloses other information. Maybe stuff about the Niktos? I mean, it's not what you were wanting to know, but HE does not know that. Gives information not requested for. I am not sure what you wanted from the Coercion check, though. Simple compliance, I guess.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Did I need to post something?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 pm
Did I need to post something?
Could be helpful. I think the stumped Coercion check stunned players a bit. I'll take the liberty of moving it along if no one has an IC reaction, explanation, or question.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Alright, I'll let you determine how exactly BA fails.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:56 pm

I guess we were hoping for some cooperation from him so we could get him to admit to misdeeds. Ultimately, we need leverage to make him stop. That's what's eluded us this entire mission: hard evidence to make this guy stop what he's doing. Short of killing him, we need him to give us his word he'll stop, or we need to get the dirt on him (and the high-placed ally needed) to make him pay through the judicial system. As it is now, I'm not sure we can do much but make empty threats with circumstantial evidence against him.

Since we fast-forwarded a bit from the fight to the seedy hotel room, is it fair to assume we would have gathered photographic evidence of everyone who was on the scene? It's at least something to place him in the same place as the gang leader and the spice we confiscated. A tiny bit more leverage, at least. Maybe the 8 Advantage is him slipping up somewhat, mentioning the name of some accomplice we haven't known about until then? ("You'll never make me talk! I have powerful friends! You don't want to answer to Globba the Hutt, do you?")

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:56 pm
I guess we were hoping for some cooperation from him so we could get him to admit to misdeeds. Ultimately, we need leverage to make him stop. That's what's eluded us this entire mission: hard evidence to make this guy stop what he's doing. Short of killing him, we need him to give us his word he'll stop, or we need to get the dirt on him (and the high-placed ally needed) to make him pay through the judicial system. As it is now, I'm not sure we can do much but make empty threats with circumstantial evidence against him.
You're not really sure about ALL that he has to hide. You don't know what he's into, other than bullying some Niktos. It is obvious from his first reaction that he thinks you're here about the Nikto situation (BA being a Nikto, and all) and/or you could be some sort of investigators from somewhere. Perhaps a cooperative (group) deception check comes into play? Something the 8 Advantages can play into? i.e. you failed the coercion so badly that it made the deceptions that much more effective? An open-ended, "Tell us everything. Come clean." might do the trick if he thinks you have the good on him.
SavageBob wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:56 pm
Since we fast-forwarded a bit from the fight to the seedy hotel room, is it fair to assume we would have gathered photographic evidence of everyone who was on the scene? It's at least something to place him in the same place as the gang leader and the spice we confiscated. A tiny bit more leverage, at least. Maybe the 8 Advantage is him slipping up somewhat, mentioning the name of some accomplice we haven't known about until then? ("You'll never make me talk! I have powerful friends! You don't want to answer to Globba the Hutt, do you?")
You're assumption is that HE was there to meet THEM, and that it was someone he expected to see there. Maybe there were closer to adversaries than friends?

Yes, I intended for him to let other details slip, but BA's told him to stop asking questions. He'll hold his tongue, for now.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm

I could also have Anjali try to read some thoughts from him, using Force Sense.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 am

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm
I could also have Anjali try to read some thoughts from him, using Force Sense.
That's an excellent idea. Maybe now would be a good time, as he was about to say something but stopped.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:52 am

Do we think we should pursue questions about this relationship or the Bank of Lannik? Do we think they're actually plotting violence against the general? If not, then I say we pivot back to the Niktos.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:52 am
Do we think we should pursue questions about this relationship or the Bank of Lannik? Do we think they're actually plotting violence against the general? If not, then I say we pivot back to the Niktos.
We should at least get the General's name. The woman's first name is a start, but if we have the General's name, we have some leverage: Leave the Nikto alone, or we leak your bank schema and affair to the General.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 am

Actually I think we already know the general's name, but Rider or DeepSpacer didn't tell it to us IC. From the case log:

"A spaceport official named Luke tells us that our mark is the captain of the local Republic guard. They're corrupt and little more than a gang, keeping the populace cowed with violence and threats. He's worse to the Nikto. The other two are Core Worlders, the woman married to a 'big shot general.' Probably someone corrupt. He identifies her as being married to a General ???, who may indeed be the guy who set us up to go to prison, as they share the same surname."

So we know who this guy is, I suppose. And if the captain is stealing money from the guy who sent us to prison, we probably have a situation where we just need to warn Greckel off of attacking the Nikto.

Can you fill in the blank of the General's name, @DeepSpacer?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Sorry, all. I had forgotten the OOC question I was to answer. Sorry for the delay. Looks like it was a busy week for everyone IRL.

Posted IC. A group Core Worlds check is in order to recognize the Colonel/General (Dupar). Looks like ImageImageImageImage plus ImageImage for possibly being in the same army at one time (for some of us) and one for unskilled assistance. Difficulty AVG ImageImage.

Note: this is not necessarily the same 'General' from Coruscant. Not making that connection yet before the roll.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Thought the chances were pretty good, but failed the check anyway! :oops:

2 Advantage, though. Maybe something else in his little explanation rings a bell?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:31 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:42 pm
Thought the chances were pretty good, but failed the check anyway! :oops:

2 Advantage, though. Maybe something else in his little explanation rings a bell?
Wow! Three failures on two dice!

Well, you all (2 Advantages) think this is the colonel that oversees the sector and keeps the Nikto under his thumb. It is a name vaguely familiar to those familiar with the old Coruscant Defense Force prior to the sacking of Coruscant.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:40 am

Saying "colonel" was intentional, to try and keep Greckel off balance, as it seems like he's grasping a bit.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 am

So do we just let this guy go? I don't think there's anything else to be had here. Time to report back to the Niktos.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 am
So do we just let this guy go? I don't think there's anything else to be had here. Time to report back to the Niktos.
@SavageBob @Doctor Who
I had "ideas" as a GM and things can go any number of ways. Up to you all, really. January and February have been slow months for the PBP, but things are progressing (ever so slowly). :D

My first reaction was, "Trust Greckel??? Are you kidding???" (evil-GM thoughts inserted :twisted: ) But, then I realized just how incriminating the evidence is against him. He'd be wise to comply to save his skin. Covering for some Niktos is small-time next to covering up his shenanigans. Sometimes I loose perspective on character perspective from within the game.

From your character's perspectives, what is our next move (beyond delivering the good news to the Nikto)? Is there a next move? Or, is it time (In true A-Team fashion) to take on another 'client' in need? How do you all see the big picture?

Seeing that the last XP was mid-December, everyone can take +15XP for this little excursion (minimum 5xp/month of RL, minimum).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Our initiating adventure began at the Gundark Cantina on Nar Shaddaa where a Nikto named Cha "asked" us to do this job (rescue Nikto). Not sure if we have a benefit to return with that info or whether it'd be good to have a base of operations there. We had been hiding low on Nar Shaddaa after escaping the prison system. We had completed a 'flashback' Coruscant adventure. I believe we all ended up incarcerated from that point, escaped from prison, and were hiding low as the Republic and Sith were in a cold war. All still wanted for robbing the Bank of Coruscant. Correct from your character's perspectives?

Return to “Discussion”