OOC Game Play Discussion

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC Game Play Discussion

Post by SavageBob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 am

Cool; so let's say we bought dark cloaks and facemarks. Maybe 75 or 100 credits total at Space Target?

Then what's the plan? Anjali and Alamy do the breaking and entering while Monty and BA keep watch?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Yeah, let's do it.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm game.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Monty ready to walk the streets, keeping watch.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 am

Excellent. Rider, how should we proceed? You want to narrate something first, or should we roll some stuff?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 pm

@SavageBob you guys can feel free to narrate or talk IC I am not going to be able to do much if anything this week.

Everyone, my personal and professional lives and combined to create the week from Hell. I will be traveling throughout the state all week and expect to put in around 55 hours of work. In addition to this my final papers for all three of my masters courses are due this week along with a variety of standard homework. These two factors are combining to equal little to no free time. Additionally, I do not anticipate having much brain power left on any given day to do much besides stare at a television and wonder if it is worth turning it on or not. As such I do not expect to have any free time this week to post in any of my games. I apologize for the inconvenience and short notice, but only noticed the workload this weekend. My work trip was anticipated to be much lighter, but I am covering down for a coworker out on bereavement leave. It is also not customary to have the final report due in week seven as it is usually due in week eight. Please feel free to role play in the games I run. If a player would like to step in to GM minor encounters please feel free to do so. In uprising, please feel free to use Hell as an NPC.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 am

Will do! Thanks for the heads up! We can throw in appropriate checks and keep things moving in your absence. Good luck!

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:10 am

Yeah, man, no problem. Good luck with everything!

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 am

I was thinking about our break-in a little more. Do we really want to have two players just sitting outside and keeping watch? Seems like that could be kind of dull. How about we all 4 go in, and split into pairs INSIDE the house to explore it quicker? We can keep an eye out the windows for incoming, and we know of a back exit. If we cover our faces, too, and get busted, we could stun 'em and run.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm good with that, while a weaker plan it's more dynamic
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 am

And weaker plans can offer more interesting narrative hooks.... :twisted:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 am

Yep.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 am
I was thinking about our break-in a little more. Do we really want to have two players just sitting outside and keeping watch? Seems like that could be kind of dull. How about we all 4 go in, and split into pairs INSIDE the house to explore it quicker? We can keep an eye out the windows for incoming, and we know of a back exit. If we cover our faces, too, and get busted, we could stun 'em and run.
Sounds fine. Standing outside may be more of a giveaway then anything. Especially if the alley/street isn't well-traveled.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:13 am

If I were GMing it and one player wanted to stand lookout, I'd make sure they had something to look out for... :twisted: So I think either way could work. I'm glad to run it with all four of us inside or one standing outside, provided that player doesn't get short shrift on action.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:13 am
If I were GMing it and one player wanted to stand lookout, I'd make sure they had something to look out for... :twisted: So I think either way could work. I'm glad to run it with all four of us inside or one standing outside, provided that player doesn't get short shrift on action.
Monty has a Rank of Vigilance, but he also has good Leadership. Using the Command Talent, he can add a Boost to our Discipline checks (resist Fear, act calmly in a stressful situation - like getting caught - , and resist wasting time on any false leads or inconsequential information that we may find.)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am

Without the GM able to check in consistently, we could just do all inside to keep rolls and what checks we're making limited.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am
Without the GM able to check in consistently, we could just do all inside to keep rolls and what checks we're making limited.
Hard to do specifics, but we're only looking at a week or so. A few colorful search checks, with modifiers, an upgrade, or so. Computer check, Skulduggery, Stealth, bypass security system, etc...

I have a little time tomorrow night. Maybe I can come up with a brief narration of a few things.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 am

BA is going to take orders. I realize I kind of made a combat focused character, but that was my intent coming into this. So I'll RP responses, but BA's not really going to suggest any direction.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:38 pm

There haven't been many fisticuffs of late, but I'm sure BA will get to bust some heads before too long--specially if this break-in goes south!

I'm perfectly happy for @DeepSpacer to pinch GM for the break-in until Rider gets back.

What approach sounds better? Break in when the captain is off at his cantina party? Or when he's at work, during the day? Nighttime might be safest, but it will be harder to see inside the house without our glow rods being spotted from the outside.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:38 pm
What approach sounds better? Break in when the captain is off at his cantina party? Or when he's at work, during the day? Nighttime might be safest, but it will be harder to see inside the house without our glow rods being spotted from the outside.
He stays there "late afternoon until early morning". Nighttime means he is there. So, I assume midday strike time.

Also, we could loosely plan to infiltrate the party on the 3rd day....dress up and act like nobles. That is, after we break in and look around.

Best I can tell from the IC/OOC, we get one Boost to bypass the security system and the neighbors have more regular hours. Bypassing the security can be several things. One, manually short-out or cross-up some electronic gizmo (Skulduggery or Computers), or two, merely avoid detection by moving Stealthily.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am

Yeah, I meant break in the night of his cantina party, as we know he'd be away. But I like the idea of striking while he's at work and then trying to hit up his party later.

I think Anjali is itching to use her new electronic lock picks, so maybe Computers is the way to go! Might still need to Stealth up to the door, though, since it's still daylight.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am
Yeah, I meant break in the night of his cantina party, as we know he'd be away. But I like the idea of striking while he's at work and then trying to hit up his party later.

I think Anjali is itching to use her new electronic lock picks, so maybe Computers is the way to go! Might still need to Stealth up to the door, though, since it's still daylight.
My mistake. Night of the Cantina Party, it is. Somehow I thought the Cantina Party was hosted at his home. I was just a little foggy putting these details together.

I am not finding "electronic lock picks" on an equipment list. Lock picks would be skulduggery. Computers would probably be from a terminal, which would be inside the home, now that I think of it. Skulduggery or Stealth would be the skills to bypass security measures. One physically manipulates the equipment, the other would be avoiding detection of possible visual devices.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Wow, what a bum roll! No Successes, but two Advantage. I guess we're detected by a bystander? If so, maybe the 2 Advantage indicate that they mistake us for someone who does have regular access to the house, like a landscaping crew or a maid service?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 pm
Wow, what a bum roll! No Successes, but two Advantage. I guess we're detected by a bystander? If so, maybe the 2 Advantage indicate that they mistake us for someone who does have regular access to the house, like a landscaping crew or a maid service?
Six positive dice and no success, whew!
As always, you THINK you are moving in stealthily, but....
Adv's: "Decrease time taken to perform action while hidden."
Without Threats or Despairs, I don't think you get 'busted'. It is just that someone MAY have noticed someone in the area with a rough description should someone think to ask around. I may just make some random % roll to determine if anyone happened to notice.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 am

Are the storage compartments locked? If not, Alamy will carefully rummage through them to see if there's anything interesting.

Return to “Discussion”