OOC Game Play Discussion

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC Game Play Discussion

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 am

@SavageBob Could you update the Case Log in this game? That has been very helpful!

After the two requested rolls (in the IC) are made OOC, everyone can add +25 XP. I am looking to gain access to the Forums Trip originally made for the XP category.

BTW, The game originally (by Trip) had a thing that each person was force sensitive in some way, the ultimate purpose of which was never disclosed to us. I don't think we're (we've been) tracking conflict anymore (or never did).

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:08 am

Yeah, haven't bothered to track.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 am
@SavageBob Could you update the Case Log in this game? That has been very helpful!
Done!

So, we probably need to resolve the Vigilance check before someone tries Stealth. Flipped a DP and got a Triumph, 3 Advantage, and a Despair... :?

Maybe the Triumph means we discovered that the cloned badges allow us entry into the residence at will, like a key. The Advantages could grant a boost or two to the upcoming Stealth check. The Triumph... I shudder to think what it means!

AAA; Alpha Squad; Vigilance check:
2 Successes, 3 Advantages, 1 Triumph, , 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:16 am

Hmmm......most interesting!!! I will think on it. It is late.

Yeah, successful check means you left everything where it belonged (at least sight-wise). Open to suggestions.

You can go ahead and make the Stealth check. It may not factor it, or it may. Everyone can level-up, adding the +25xp awarded. Any results can begin another session.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 am

No rush. I'll let someone else roll. Rolling is fun. :)

Alamy had 5 XP banked, so I just spent 30 on her. Purchased Keen Eyed Rank 2 [15], Streetwise 1 [5], and the second-tier Control upgrade for the Farsight power [10].

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:55 am

@Flamiel or @Doctor Who, that means one of you gets to roll the Stealth check. :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:53 am

I've had a string of good dice rolls in my home game yesterday, and I worry that will translate to horrible luck on a roll here.

What's the group modifier for Stealth? And difficulty?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:53 am
I've had a string of good dice rolls in my home game yesterday, and I worry that will translate to horrible luck on a roll here.

What's the group modifier for Stealth? And difficulty?
Crossing fingers... :o Looks like:
{Also, make another group Stealth check to escape unnoticed (which we failed upon entering, but not gravely-so). YGG vs C (Spent DS Point for any random bystander who notices something. Combined Agility is YGG.) + 2 Boosts for darkness, + 1 Boost for nearby landscaping.
Still have some Destiny Points lying around, so no reason not to use one to get it to YYG.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm

The group; Alpha Squad; Stealth (don't hurt me if I fail, spending destiny point, also oops rolled two C the first time so new roll):
3 Successes, 4 Advantages, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I goofed at rolled 2 red dice the first time, so I rolled again.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:24 am

Nice rolling! It also occurred to me that if the captain doesn't...survive...or otherwise require use of this house in the near future, we might be to take it over and have a base of operations that's not just a ship. Or maybe we do that and then exchange it for a nice ship....

As for the Force sensitivity, that did seem oddly specific. Is Tripp completely incommunicado or can we ask him? I have been keeping an eye out for conflict situations, and have avoided those so far in my opinion. Something else we haven't been doing is rolling to trigger Morality or Obligation.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 am

Given Trip had said it would be important, I had made my character resistant to learning more, because I'd assumed it would happen regardless. But if he never revealed why, my resistance just hurts optimization :P

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah, I just wrote something vague into Alamy's background about living with some Devaroinain nuns for a while as a justification for her two existing Force powers. It'd be narratively weird to take new ones, though. But I'd be cool with DS just ignoring it or possibly making it come up later in his own way--whatever that may be!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 am
Given Trip had said it would be important, I had made my character resistant to learning more, because I'd assumed it would happen regardless. But if he never revealed why, my resistance just hurts optimization :P
I asked him when I took over, but don't remember him ever telling me why it was important.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 pm

He never told. I was very wary of it all and he assured me it wouldn't fundamentally change the characters. So, I made mine with no powers and just wrote FR1 in real small print.

I probed as to whether it'd be some great calling, destiny/fate, sith plot, Jedi ancestory, save the galaxy, be brothers & sisters, PCs made in a lab, gender benders, and all kinds of crazy stuff I thought would ruin the concept. I even assured him, as a player, not to reveal or let it affect my play. No dice.

I guy at my table used to pull this can't-tell secret unveiling stuff. Then everything went to crap after he did his big thing.

That said, if anyone wants to swap out xp spent on force powers stuff for XP to spend, I'd listen.

As for the direction, I love the group unwinding the intrigue surrounding our framing for robbing the Bank of Coruscant. Looks to be fun!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

XP, Morality, Obligation, and such...

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm

I am shoring up XP and Morality/Obligation. I don't think it was ever used or settled after Trip stopped DM'ing. I don't think he ever settled on it. I have (Monty) +10 xp, but nothing specified as either Morality or Obligation. I was considering having everyone go to Obligation (10 of which being wanted group obligation). What do you all think?

I left some notes regarding XP where something was in-question or not listed. Not sure what starting XP is for Nikto, Ark_Off, and Dev's. Have to look it up.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 pm

I think I did the "start at 50 Morality and get 10 XP" thing at character creation. Getting Obligation works for me and would be thematically appropriate. Would we choose something personal and then share the other part?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:50 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 pm
Would we choose something personal and then share the other part?
Yes, if all are in agreement.

Return to “Discussion”