OOC: To Dxun

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: To Dxun

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Hmm, maybe not an item per se, but perhaps she feels the twinge of being led toward a lightsaber crystal? If that's too much of a side track, then noticing a path forward, perhaps like an animal trail.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:30 pm

I think Anjali will reach out her hand and use Force Move to bring the crystal to her.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Should be a problem. No issue with that. Narrate IC as you please. It is a light side crystal that feels good to the touch.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:22 am

@Flamiel
If you would like, Anjali can make a LORE check, albeit a difficult one, to see what she knows about such a lightsaber crystal. Perhaps, I think, it is a given that she may know what it is and what it is used for. I think the check may be for type and variety (possibly meaning). It is unusual and rare (Rarity 9). It is something she has little or no experience in and there isn't context to study it within (+2 SB).

1 Challenge, 4 Diff, + 2 Setbacks (will spend DP for that red)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You could spend a LS point to radio into Caspo on the ship and send a video feed / photo for consultation (or not). You can use its 1 Rank of Lore on the check if you do. I don't think there is a way to 'send' that photo, but Star Wars is always changing with the times. A DP to do that. There are always risks to do that, as well.

Also, roll your 2 Force Dice as part of the check as sort of a Sense/Farsight. I can adjudicate that on the roll as the Force sees fit!!! I am open to other ideas, as well. BA and Monty aren't going to be much use on the roll, but +1 Boost die is okay for their help.

{{Looks like a 30-35% chance with all of the positive options taken, plus a Triumph chance. It is about 29% going on her own w/o Caspo.}}

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:40 pm

Yeah, she'll try the Lore check. I think she'll be tempted enough to radio Caspo about it, so we can flip a DP for that. Does that preclude her from also flipping a DP to use dark side pips that come up on the Force roll?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:40 pm
Yeah, she'll try the Lore check. I think she'll be tempted enough to radio Caspo about it, so we can flip a DP for that. Does that preclude her from also flipping a DP to use dark side pips that come up on the Force roll?
Yes, precluded. The darkside has no place in this cavern. ;)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:23 am

Score!

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Lore check on crystal:
1 Success, 0 Advantage, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:19 am

Good roll!!! No threats to give away the communication to the enemy. :twisted:

Perhaps one day the crystal can be put into a lightsaber for Anjali? Maybe a lightsaber pike? Perhaps she would sell or trade it?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Will wait for BA to chime in, just to get all the reactions lined up at the same time.
@Doctor Who

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:01 pm

Sorry, been deep in Mass Effect 2.

BA would like to make a perception check.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:49 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:01 pm
Sorry, been deep in Mass Effect 2.

BA would like to make a perception check.
My friend says ME2 is a great game. Says finishing in a weekend is a tough haul. Congrats.

NO 'check' needed. Her voice is from in front of you. You were third in marching order.
Or, rather, a check would not produce anything meaningful, but his effort will add to the narrative.
Allow me to progress....

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:36 am

Some background on Shea Rea
Spoiler:
Anjali and the group arrive at a particular port authority near the surface. She asks to speak with a Shea Rea (SHAY-uh RAY). Shea and Anjali have shared a similar history, not fitting in and being sort of an outcast. While Shea is a Twi'lek, she was notoriously pale-skinned, almost albino, which was seen as "unattractive" in most circles. That, along with her sometimes intemperate disposition made her somewhat of a loner and strike out on her own. She is an older, female who has piercings of jewelry in her lekkus. Over time she and Anjali came to know and respect each other. Anjali appreciating the info Shea could give her and Shea enjoying the company of young loner type (despite her beauty) who reminded her of herself. They at least had that in common.

"Well, well, well...... Hello, Doll!!! It's been about two solar years since I last saw YOU. I thought maybe you had moved off-planet! Where've you been?"

("Doll" has been Shea's pet name for Anjali, given that she looks the part with her fine features, white hair and piercing blue eyes. Up to Flamiel to decide if Anjali has always 'tolerated' it or has embraced it.)

Anjali gives a rare genuine smile at the sight of Shea. This twi'lek woman offered shelter and support to her when things could have so easily gone worse for Anjali, when she was out on her own and cast adrift.

"Shea, it is good to see you after all this time. I'm glad to see you're looking well. Yeah, I got mixed up in some stuff and had to take an unexpected tour around the galaxy. These beings here are friends of mine." Anjali gestures to the rest of the group. "I trust them." Given what Anjali has been through, Shea would know that means a lot. Anjali introduces them to Shea and gets the pleasantries out of the way.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:49 am

If you hadn't guessed, this is some sort of force-dream experience for each of us. A flashback??? A dream??? Please bear with as we go through each person, one by one. BA will be next.

Anjali's strength is her Righteousness and weakness is Cold-heartedness. This is a good tug-of-war between the two. Do as you please. Makes rolls as you see fit and narrate them. Take a boost for whatever you can reasonably justify.

Numa: (Upgrade all checks once for her one rank in the skill rolled against.)
Presence 3 - Hard Check for Charm, Influence, etc...
Willpower 2, Cunning 2 - AVG check for Coercion or Deception / Influence, etc....

I think this is a good character-building experience for Anjali. There is no right or wrong choice. Just about any choice 'fits' the character. This gives you opportunity to decide how she is currently approaching things.
Spoiler:
Righteousness:
The character takes anger, and instead of suppressing it, uses it to fuel work. Pushing harder allows him to advocate for those who can't do so for themselves. For Anjali, who has felt the sting of enslavement and objectification, she has a soft spot for those in similar circumstances.

Cold-heartedness:
The drive to achieve her goals can cause Anjali to set aside any concepts of compassion, unless she happens to identify personally with the subject. In life there are casualties; whether Anjali is the source of it is of little consequence: it was going to happen anyway.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Some use of Shea Rea could yield a boost die, if presented in an appropriate way. As could grabbing a big tough (BA) to go for coercion.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Some use of Shea Rea could yield a boost die, if presented in an appropriate way. As could grabbing a big tough (BA) to go for coercion.
+1 Boost for the 2 Threats (she is vulnerable and open).
+1 Boost for saying you lived there, too.
+1 Boost for ushering to Shea Rea.

I know Anjali isn't a 'charmer', but I think a Charm check is appropriate. Plus, maybe a DP flip. (We're going to re-do them after this.)

Still, it can be out of your hands if she reacts badly, but at least AA is doing the right thing.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 pm

LOL, well, she's working on improving her Charm and social skills. Does Force Influence Control: Skills upgrade apply here?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:42 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 pm
LOL, well, she's working on improving her Charm and social skills. Does Force Influence Control: Skills upgrade apply here?
Yep! Not 'upgrade', but rather white pips count as successes or advantages... just to be clear.
BTW, it fits AA's background that she isn't socially adept.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:02 am

Right, it's an "upgrade" in that Force power tree. ;-)

Charm check against Numa.
Spoiler:
Crushed it.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Charm with Influence:
1 Success, 2 Advantages, 4 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 am

Good roll!!!! The boost dice made a difference. Shea Rea.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Anjali gonna jump down there. Maybe try to mind trick the guy first. If that fails, kick is ass.

Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Athletics with Enhance:

Light pip for a Success.

1 Failure, 2 Advantages, 1 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Boost for Arkanian Offshoot (1 strain):
1 Success, 0 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 pm

Nice roll!!! Working the dice to make it work.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:09 pm

I was wondering how she'd handle it. Do it for “her own good”? Be mean?
Deceive, “I’ll be right back. I promise.”? The mercenary route is no place for a child. Best she stay behind? As it turns out, the rolls went nicely.

We'll see how BA handles his experience and then pick up where AA and Monty meet.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 pm

@Doctor Who
Feel free to use the Force Enhance Control Resilience for the check. We'll assume the youth has been using it all along his journey. Feel free to narrate his approach to training, likes dislikes, anguish, memories, etc....

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:38 am

BA; Alpha Squad; Desert Heat:
1 Success, 2 Threats, 1 Despair, , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Taking strain or what not to use the Dark Side for an extra success.

EDIT: And now this desert stuff makes me want to ride a sandworm? Are those a thing in star wars? Time to go look into the EU and find out.

EDIT 2: BA has more eloquent speech in his native tongue, since he's not currently thinking in Basic like he does in the present.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:44 am

Awesome!!! Going to steal Sai's little monologue.... "Heat does not touch me. Sand does not scar me. Wind does not crush me."

Good stuff!!

As you may have guessed, this is a sort of Dagobah Tree, in reverse. Dark Planet, Good Tree (Cavern). I looked up some NIkto stuff, and it does appear that they wear boots. BTW, this is the rock formation from the old Star Trek TV show where Kirk fought the reptilian guy and downed him with a 'gun' that had a bunch of gemstones and powder stuffed into a tube.

A failed Resilience check would've meant +1 difficulty from here-on-out. As it is, he just takes two strain. Sai may expect that trainees are monitored in some way during their training.

Sai's strength is Compassion. His weakness is Recklessness.

DP's
=====
4 LS / 1 DS

Return to “Discussion”