OOC: To Dxun

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: To Dxun

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:47 am

Does BA know anyone still on Kintan?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:08 pm

That might be up to you ;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:06 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:47 am
Does BA know anyone still on Kintan?
He could know people. I like that his background involves the Sith bombarding the monastery he was in. That was at a young age. Sith aggression/oppression has continued at different intensities since then. Same to the Weequay and Vodran near them. The Hutts aren't much better.

What do you have in mind?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:47 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:19 pm
Shall we drop Alamy off at Coruscant and then head to Kintan? Anjali could shop for a couple items while at Coruscant. Also, we need to know if there are environmental hazards we need to prepare for at Kintan.
Made some Kintant notes...
The Wannschok, translated, “The Endless Wastes”. Home of the Kajain’sa’ (Red) Nikto. Also, the Fire Desert of Kinklath. Has lava rivers. Canyon of Despair, The Fire River then flowed for some forty kilometers before emptying into the Basin of Torturous Flame.

So, yeah, environmental gear would be good. Lot of heat!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 am

Also, we have a Sith shuttle. Could likely go in flying casual. Could be valuable info to guide our decision in the databanks. I don't think we checked for that yet. Could also salvage some Sith armor from the abandoned base.

Along the journey, there is a planet called Avenelle. Avenelle was a planet in the Lantillian sector. It was a luxurious world known as a place to rest while traveling along the Lesser Lantillian Route or for retirement.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:22 am

Any "shopping lists" people have? I usually just prefer to make rolls and get stuff rather than play that action out over PBP.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:31 pm

Did we pick up any extra credits along the way? For shopping, Anjali is looking for:

Lightsaber crafting, basic lightsaber hilt - 300 credits (and then will craft the hilt and add the Sorian crystal for the first mod).
BPEA-1A CASCADER - 1.8k credits. rarity 8

Also, attempt to heal crits. Anjali has an Easy crit. Not sure about Zaal and Monty. We have an ECM backpack that reduces diff by 1 to heal (minimum of Easy) and adds boost, plus help boost from Caspo.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:40 am

BA probably knows a few old hermits still on the planet, but anyone younger would be dead or have left to avoid the Sith genocide of monastic order he was a part of.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:52 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:40 am
BA probably knows a few old hermits still on the planet, but anyone younger would be dead or have left to avoid the Sith genocide of monastic order he was a part of.
Probably knows that old monastery. Maybe a place to hold up in or land at. Basic planet features, and such.

First have to obtain info on what's going on.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:27 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:31 pm
Did we pick up any extra credits along the way?
I'm afraid not.

"A hero's life is a humble one."
- ancient Jedi proverb.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Group Checks

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:55 pm

We'll go with some Group checks. Caspo can lend his skills to the check, where applicable. Using LS & DS on each one as we'll be re rolling the pool after this.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Group Computer check to get around the Sith shuttle's system. It's in Sith script and style, so a Setback for that. YYYGB vs RPS AA can roll.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Group Warfare check to know the current condition of Kintan and the Sith occupation of the galaxy. Boosts from the native Kintanian. YYGGBB vs RP BA can roll.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:17 pm

Advantages for extra information.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Group Computer check to get around the Sith shuttle's system:
1 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:19 pm

The setback die made it close!!! That darn Sith Script!!!

1 Success gets the ships navigation and info on the Sith setup there. What would you like the three advantages to be? (Each one could be a separate detail, as in 3 advs = 3 details)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:35 am

Maybe a way to monitor their communications, knowing the secure frequencies they use? Or boost to decrypting computer systems in the future? Find a data spike in the glove compartment.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:35 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:35 am
Maybe a way to monitor their communications, knowing the secure frequencies they use? Or boost to decrypting computer systems in the future? Find a data spike in the glove compartment.
I think... 1) secure frequencies / passcodes for coming and going is good.

Other two. maybe. Will see what Doc suggests.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:38 am

Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; group warfare:
1 Success, 8 Advantages, 1 Despair,

OOOOOOh, a despair.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:39 am

i like the secure stuff, yeah. seems best to know what to monitor and such.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:30 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:38 am
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; group warfare:
1 Success, 8 Advantages, 1 Despair,

OOOOOOh, a despair.
Wow!!! Your recall of knowledge about Kintan has been impressive. Most impressive!!

Whereas 8 Successes might mean that you everything factual there is to know, 8 Advantages, IMO, means that you know some extra extraneous details about the situation. Maybe you know some hideouts, secret contacts, a 'back door' into somewhere, etc...

1 Succ (plus a few of those Advs) means that you know the Sith have tried (and failed) to conquer the Nikto for some time. Success only came when they enlisted the Mandalorians to assist them, then they succeeded. Recently, the Sith and Mandalorians broke off their alliance since the Mandalorian leader died and was replaced.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Future Prospects

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:37 am

@Doctor Who @Flamiel
Which of these paths do you favor (if any) going forward? (If you survive the current situation.) Where do you see yourselves going and what do you see yourselves doing?

- pursue a hierarchy of current villains, smaller ones leading to bigger ones. Lord Drommas, Dr. Christophsis, etc...
- wrap up and take on a completely new cause like in the episodic TV show A-Team. They typically had 1-hr episodes where one might be helping a lonely widow while another might be taking on corporate thugs or a street gang.
- take up strategic missions under the Republic to thwart Sith aggression.
- go be Outer Rim free agents for good helping the unfortunate
- missions to either thwart or protect Super Weapon development by either the Sith or Republic.
- take a battlecruiser and pilot around the galaxy doing something like the above scenarios
- skip ahead a few years and jump to when the Treaty of Coruscant is broken and the Sith-Republic War re-engages. Or maybe do a super weapon trek (as mentioned above) and then skip to war breaking out. Or, even be part of that war outbreak in some way.
- under wartime scenarios, go help free systems/planets from Sith rule.
- Anything else?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 pm

Except for the battlecruiser one, they all sound interesting to me. The battlecruiser sounds clunky to manage. My general character development plan for Anjali has her going the route of a sneaky hacker with Force adeptness (Sentinel Shadow + Force) and moderate combat ability, kind of like a Mara Jade style character. She does have something of a grudge against the Sith, and slavers in general.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:28 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 pm
Except for the battlecruiser one, they all sound interesting to me. The battlecruiser sounds clunky to manage. My general character development plan for Anjali has her going the route of a sneaky hacker with Force adeptness (Sentinel Shadow + Force) and moderate combat ability, kind of like a Mara Jade style character. She does have something of a grudge against the Sith, and slavers in general.
Yeah, battlecruiser is clunky, but thought I'd be open to things. One of the complexities is either going Sith-this or Sith-that, Sith, Sith, Sith.....everything with impending doom looming over our heads, OR something more varied like infiltrating a base one day, helping orphans oppressed by gangs another day.

I liked this Cold War Era because there were factions on both sides that wanted to continue the war (and they do, behind the scenes through proxies or as privateers). Then there are those who wish to forge a peace.

To be sure, I have ideas, but it is good to get feedback. I like the Mara Jade comparison. I am (slowly) reading a Zahn novel where they team up. I think they're into some kind of Chiss base? (No spoilers, please!)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:33 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:28 pm
Flamiel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 pm
Yeah, battlecruiser is clunky, but thought I'd be open to things. One of the complexities is either going Sith-this or Sith-that, Sith, Sith, Sith.....everything with impending doom looming over our heads, OR something more varied like infiltrating a base one day, helping orphans oppressed by gangs another day.

I liked this Cold War Era because there were factions on both sides that wanted to continue the war (and they do, behind the scenes through proxies or as privateers). Then there are those who wish to forge a peace.

To be sure, I have ideas, but it is good to get feedback. I like the Mara Jade comparison. I am (slowly) reading a Zahn novel where they team up. I think they're into some kind of Chiss base? (No spoilers, please!)
LOL, I just finished reading the legacy Thrawn trilogy, "Heir to the Empire", for the first time, which was my first real introduction to Mara Jade (I'd read a bit about her before on Wookiepedia). I've read almost none of the legacy Star Wars stuff, but I've read most of the canon (none of the comics, though, except some Darth Vader).

I'm really open to any of those ideas. I'm not a big fan of open warfare scenarios where it's just straight forward kill kill kill, and anyway Anjali would not fare well in that.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:47 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:33 pm
LOL, I just finished reading the legacy Thrawn trilogy, "Heir to the Empire", for the first time, which was my first real introduction to Mara Jade (I'd read a bit about her before on Wookiepedia). I've read almost none of the legacy Star Wars stuff, but I've read most of the canon (none of the comics, though, except some Darth Vader).
Wow!! LOL!!! You and I are very similar. I only, in recent years, read Zahn's first Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, The Last Command, and Dark Force Rising. I finished "Thrawn", too. I have the Spector of the Past and Vision of the Future. I am in the middle of the first one. I don't read quickly or consistently. Might put something down for a month then pick it back up. I mostly found decent deals at Goodwill and picked up some good hardcovers at a good price. I've read almost none of the other stuff, comics, novels, or otherwise. Just enough to know some names.

Yeah, taking on the Sith Empire is more towards opposing them militarily. I agree, too much pew-pew, bzzz-bzzz isn't much fun.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:22 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:35 am
Actually, now that I think of it, access to their communications is quite a good thing. Worth to advantages. The third advantage can be a boost on the next computers or other check within a Sith electronic system.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:41 pm

Ok cool

Return to “Discussion”