OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Post by Flamiel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 am

I'm cool with that. Although I think draining his bank accounts could also neutralize him. We also don't know what he was planning with that woman.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:17 am

Reroute his funds to a charity.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:41 am

So, I'm stumped on the secretary. Seems she's friendly but pretty clueless about his misdeeds. Do we write her off as a dead end? Or might we involve her somehow? Like she can tip us off if anything strange happens at the office in the next little while as we prepare to confront Greckel?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:21 am

Multiple Bank Accounts...
Frequent Trips to Banks...
Big Drop Coming Up....
Regular Visits from Mistress...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:41 am
So, I'm stumped on the secretary. Seems she's friendly but pretty clueless about his misdeeds. Do we write her off as a dead end? Or might we involve her somehow? Like she can tip us off if anything strange happens at the office in the next little while as we prepare to confront Greckel?
Typically so, yes. She answers calls and shuffles paperwork. She knows his habits, though. As a GM, another clue pointing towards his bank drop-offs, yet on a Captain's salary.
Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:17 am
Reroute his funds to a charity.
Slicing bank accounts is notoriously difficult and easy to trace.

The way I (GM) see it, we can confront the Captain and see if he cracks (by Deception or Coercion..."We know what you did last summer...") OR we can check back in on the Niktos. They had a payment coming due soon.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Let's try deception first, I guess. More fun.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:14 am

I'm fine with that!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:55 am

In light of this possible affair revelation, do any of the images we captured feature Greckel and the woman in compromising poses? Hugging, kissing, or otherwise doing something that might embarrass her and make the general mad? We shadowed them for some ways -- all the way from the cantina to her ship.

If necessary to do so, I'd be up for spending our last Destiny Point to ensure we captured at least one good image of them doing something obviously affectionate that would give us some leverage on the captain—say, kissing in a way that is obviously passionate rather than a French-style greeting.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Well enough. They are quite careful, but you did get an image of them walking in together to an upscale, too hotel. While not a smoking gun, it does raise questions. Maybe more to some than others.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:42 am

So, we have a lot on Greckel, but nothing solid. Looks like some bluffing will be needed to convince him to think we have more.

If we confront him with violence or threats thereof, it might be better to confront him at the spaceport, where he's getting a drop. I'd imagine the bank would have much tighter security. If we decide to play the part of exposé reporters, we could confront him at the bank and not really use violence, but say we have dirt on him and will publish it if he doesn't let up on the Nikto. Then we also talked about going back to Nikki and his village and confronting him there.

Other ideas?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 am

Perhaps we need to get more info on this woman's husband?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 am
Perhaps we need to get more info on this woman's husband?
I think (by the original GM) that the identity of this 'General' was the mystery. The group did not know WHO had framed them.

Greckel likely knows that the woman is a/the general's wife. I'd assume the original intent was that he knew the general, too. Part of the mystery is to figure that out....eventually.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 am
I think (by the original GM) that the identity of this 'General' was the mystery. The group did not know WHO had framed them.

Greckel likely knows that the woman is a/the general's wife. I'd assume the original intent was that he knew the general, too. Part of the mystery is to figure that out....eventually.
So are you saying it would be unlikely we could get a positive ID on this woman on Lannik? We ID here, we potentially ID her husband. But if this is a piece of information that's not intended to come out yet, we can just roll with our circumstantial stuff and try to bluff to Greckel that we do know who she is.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 am
So are you saying it would be unlikely we could get a positive ID on this woman on Lannik? We ID here, we potentially ID her husband. But if this is a piece of information that's not intended to come out yet, we can just roll with our circumstantial stuff and try to bluff to Greckel that we do know who she is.
Sorry, there was conflicting information going back to the beginning. I looked back to Trip and Swrider's postings and found ORIGINALLY the general's name was a mystery and then a later post erroneously contradicted that and showed us to know which general it was that set us up. Obviously, the whole premise from the beginning was to discover this mystery, which is what we'll stick with. It is a Republic ship named The Peacock". Purpose and passenger listing were anonymous.

There's likely a ton of Generals in the Army of the Republic, since it is so big. Perhaps if this Lannik mess were resolved, there may be a chance to get an ID.
Spoiler:
"He's the local captain of the republic guard. Under his control they are little better than the gangs. Charging protection money, robbing or beating people in the streets, and don't even get me started on what he has been doing to your race, Barky. The other two are from the core, she is married to some big shot general. My guess is he is probably just as corrupt as the captain."

Luke leads the group back to his station and quickly looks up the ships landing permit. The ship itself is registered to the Republic, but through a little finagling he is able to identify the individual who paid the docking feel. He looks up and tells you that the generals last name matches that of the republic general that set you up. (...strike this...)

EARLIER....

"Don't you get it? The biggest heist this world has ever seen. And the kicker? It run is by one of their own! And that 5000 credits are gonna get you a name. It's General...." Just as he says the word "General" a blaster bolt whizzes past the soldiers' heads and strikes Jiton right between the eyes. He falls to the ground, dead instantly.

MORE RECENTLY...
Chalk it up to a long campaign and GM-switching from a year ago. So, we'll EDIT that little part about the General's Identity so that Luke tells us that Captain Greckel paid the docking fee. The identity of both the General and his Wife remain a mystery.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:09 am

Yeah, I was on the thought-train that this was some OTHER general (i.e. not plot critical).

At this point, I'm up for confronting the captain. If we can get him alone, all the better.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:39 am

Yeah, let's confront.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

BTW...

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:17 pm

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: BTW...

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:43 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:17 pm
Case Log

Notable NPC's
Oh, quite nice. Thanks.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:51 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Case Log

Notable NPC's
That's pretty cool. Is the first post in the NPCs thread still valid? It's from 2017.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 am

So what do y'all want to do? Stun him? Let BA knock him on the head? Start with a threat?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:01 am

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:51 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Case Log

Notable NPC's
That's pretty cool. Is the first post in the NPCs thread still valid? It's from 2017.
I left it there. It might come in use if we need it.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:44 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 am
So what do y'all want to do? Stun him? Let BA knock him on the head? Start with a threat?
I'd say fan out and get close, intimidating, but talk first.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:04 am

Yeah, talk first. BA is itching for a swing, but his flaw is that he's brash, and he knows that it gets him into trouble. If things start looking like they're going south, like the target reaches for a comlink, then BA will swing, possibly, unless someone stops him.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:35 am

BAs not the one to talk, anyone gonna say anything?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

AAA did. Just waiting on @DeepSpacer to respond. You two may want to describe what you're doing, though.

BTW, I'm flying and at a conference until Sunday. I'll likely have less than normal availability, but won't be entirely cut off.

Return to “Discussion”