OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:25 am

BTW, the Dressillian has only Adversary 1. One Red to attack short range.

WHEW!!! So close!! Exhilarating!!!

Looks like AA & AAA have weapon in-hand, so +1 Strain to get a Free Shot (Action) off.

Anjali then gets her 'regular' initiative slot (firing again) taking into account any passed Boosts.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am

Oh, awesome roll!

Just going by coolness factor, it'd be great to see an invisible BA do a two-attack smackdown on this guy. Is it possible for BA to engage the Dresselllian, attack, attack, and then disengage so we can shoot if he's still up?

Or do these free actions for AAA, Anjali, and BA all happen right now or not at all?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:56 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am
Oh, awesome roll!

Just going by coolness factor, it'd be great to see an invisible BA do a two-attack smackdown on this guy. Is it possible for BA to engage the Dresselllian, attack, attack, and then disengage so we can shoot if he's still up?

Or do these free actions for AAA, Anjali, and BA all happen right now or not at all?
The Dressillian is the only NPC left. THREE PC slots before he goes again. BA can go THIS round AND first in the next Round. It'd cost BA a (maybe unnecessary) maneuver to disengage.

The "extra" attack (or maneuver) from Field Commander must come "immediately", per the description. That may put BA at a slight disadvantage. However, you COULD.... (If I have this right)...
> Alamy & Anjali take their "immediate" ranged attack since they are wielding a weapon presently. (One Red). Just an Action, No Aiming.
> AA & AAA pass all boosts to BA.
> BA "immediately" takes the maneuver to engage.
> Anjali uses her turn to maneuver to the Foe and "Assist" BA. (See Spoiler)_(i.e. grab him by the ankles!)
> BA attacks end of this round AND beginning of next round. With a Boost for Misdirection

***NOTE: ALL PC's still have +1 Setback this Round from Scathing Tirade.
Spoiler:
ASSIST technically says assist "an engaged ally", which Anjali and BA are not at the moment. however, I think running up to engage gets you there.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 pm

DeepSpacer, you posted the wrong roll for the attack in the spoiler. You did Fear check twice.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 pm
DeepSpacer, you posted the wrong roll for the attack in the spoiler. You did Fear check twice.
Ah, thanks. Will correct when I get home. The second copy did not take and it pasted the previous thing that I had cut.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 am

Anjali is at 7/11 WT and 8/12 ST, so running up to the dude is probably not her thing. She's got the hawkeye at the moment, so definitely going to continue to light this guy up. Once somebody gets engaged, it will upgrade attacks, making them ImageImage.

She will take the 1 strain to shoot for the free action.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:02 am

Net neutral on strain at the end of that action, which is nice.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Once everyone else takes their free actions, Anjali will take her turn.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 am

Is it @Doctor Who's turn for his free go?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 am

Oops, my B, thought I posted.

So boost to BA, but if I'm only maneuvering, what am I using the boosts for? I think I'm missing something?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:16 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 am
Is it @Doctor Who's turn for his free go?
@SavageBob, if you're going to shoot, you should probably go before BA engages.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:45 am

From what I understand, we each get a free attack, right? AAA already took hers. That leaves BA's freebie, then we go again as normal.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:17 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:45 am
From what I understand, we each get a free attack, right? AAA already took hers. That leaves BA's freebie, then we go again as normal.
That is correct. BA get one free maneuver or action that Monty gives him. Then he takes his regular turn. Any boost that is passed to him would be done on his regular turn.

Since BA is a short-range and does not have a ranged weapon in his hand, all he can really do is use the free action or maneuver to take a move maneuver with to get two engaged range.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Ah, that makes sense.

So I have 1 boost, and the Dresselian is the only enemy still up?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:31 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 pm
Ah, that makes sense.

So I have 1 boost, and the Dresselian is the only enemy still up?
Yep. The Dressillian hit 3x's on autofire last time. It is do or die time!
He's been nickeled & dimed the last few hits.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 am

@Doctor Who
The Despair is an attack Despair. Run out of ammo or damage weapon is not an option. However, grant enemy advantage in the encounter is.

"Upgrade the difficulty of active or allied characters next check."

@Flamiel Anjali goes next before the next round begins and (I assume) BA gets to go again. The new difficulty for a ranged attack is:

Red-Purple-Black ImageImageImage

BA is engaged with target, so a Despair hits him, instead. Another option could be using maneuvers to Assist. If I read it correctly, you could Maneuver+Maneuver(as the Action) and add +2 Boosts. Narratively, you could "box" him in by cutting off his escape (in d20 talk, "Flank him"). If Anjali does not "attack", then the Red-Purple difficulty applies to BA's next attack the beginning of the next round.

Also, the Setbacks from the Lannik's Scathing Tirade wear off after Anjali goes.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:26 am

That attack was BA's turn, since he only got to do one free thing. I had thought everyone had gone so BA would take the top turn.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:26 am
That attack was BA's turn, since he only got to do one free thing. I had thought everyone had gone so BA would take the top turn.
Anjali AND BA had a turn to take. BA had to take his free action as part of everyone taking their free action at the same time. Then, regular turn order resumed. BA took his turn, Anjali now takes hers.

Turn order this round was slightly different than it was previous rounds (that is, in the order PC's took their turns). Alamy delayed last round because her Misdirection force power expires the beginning of her 'next' turn. So, she delayed that turn as much as possible.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:06 am

Ah, ok.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 am

Anjali likes to live dangerously ;) . She'll still attempt to shoot the Dressellian, curving the blaster bolt around him. :lol:

Man. 1: Aim (+boost)
Man. 2: Careful aim (+boost, +2 strain)
Species ability (+boost, +1 strain)
Action: shoot

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:02 pm

I took some liberties to wrap up the scene and get us to a stopping point. What a dramatic battle!!!

For resting an evening, each person reduces their wounds by "1". The full night's rest will reduce all Strain to zero. Wounds will still be pertinent going forward. "First Aid" (i.e. a medicine check) recovers one wound per success and can be attempted once per character. Someone attempting medicine on themselves is increased difficulty, I believe. Maximum +1 Boost for assistance on any medicine check. In the morning, a medicine check can be performed w/ boost on Greckel to bring him around.

I'll have some input on what's in the vehicle that can be of use, and perhaps, what is on the persons we defeated. With the commotion being caused, smokes from the blasters, blood, and being rushed, an EASY Perception check (by Alamy, I assume) can be made to search them +3 Setbacks for the above vision, rushed,and sloppiness of the situation (minus and talents pertaining to such). That is, if you wish to search their bodies or take their weapons, etc...

Use THIS OOC to roll all the above-mentioned checks, please. :D
END OF SESSION
+ 35 Experience for everyone!!!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm

In addition, please consider what you would like to ask Captain Greckel when he comes around, and whether it be by charm or coercion.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Awesome, thanks @DeepSpacer

Would a roll be required to recover their weapons, since those were wielded in plain sight, or is the roll still there to determine if they got dropped down a storm drain or something?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Also, I thought medicine checks can be done once per day per character. And yes, doing on yourself increases diff by 2.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm
Would a roll be required to recover their weapons, since those were wielded in plain sight, or is the roll still there to determine if they got dropped down a storm drain or something?
Probably easy to get those, but let's roll and see what happens. Part of the roll has to do with being rushed to avoid having possible onlookers come by.
Flamiel wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm
Also, I thought medicine checks can be done once per day per character. And yes, doing on yourself increases diff by 2.
That is correct. One check, per character, for now. Then one in another day (~24hrs later).

Return to “Discussion”