IC: The Holodisk

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:05 pm

BA takes two blows that may have fell a normal being. The first henchman strikes with deadly accuracy, hitting BA in all the sensitive spots.
Spoiler:
5 Net Damage, after Soak. Not Bad.
BA now carries two AVG criticals. 76% & 71%
No free maneuvers for BA until the end of the encounter. Which means, he CAN spend Strain or use an Action for a maneuver.

The second minion switches his blaster to 'stun', not wanting to mortally wound his superior should a shot go astray. He aims and shoots from short range, probably doing more harm than good.
Spoiler:
NPC's; A-Squad; 2nd Minion w/ BP:
0 Success, 3 Advantages, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 Adv: pass boost to next NPC
2 Adv: pass boost specifically to the main villain

CRB says, "if the attack succeeds...", regarding the Despair and hitting an ally.
Look in OOC for spending the Despair and previous threats.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 pm

With BA now engaged with the lightsaber user, Anjali shifts her aim to one of the flanking attackers, but her shot is a clean miss.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:12 am

BA swings the axe back around, hoping to land another solid blow.

Spoiler:
5 Strain, 8 damage on BA

Flipping a destiny point

BA; Alpha Squad; attack!:
3 Successes, 5 Advantages, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

5 + 3 (weapon) + 3 (successes) + 2 (talent) = 13 damage

BA is also gonna recover 1 strain and trigger a double crit if he can.
4 Strain, 8 damage on BA
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:13 am

The lightsaber-wielding foe turns to face his opponent at the last second. The red lightsaber rises up to deflect the mighty blow from the vibro-ax, fracturing part of the vibro-ax. The majority of the impact makes it through the attempted parry.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 am

BA Swings the axe down, through the lightsaber. Using every bit of strength he can muster, he pushes the blade as deep as he can into the lightsaber user's chest.

That's for my home, you Sith scum!

The axe buries itself in the chest with a wet squelch. BA lets go of the now damaged axe and lets it and the formerly living enemy crash to the ground.

He rips off the now destroyed armor from his torso, and raises his fists as he turns to pursue the rest of the assailants.
Spoiler:
Take 2 strain to use a maneuver to rip the armor off, in as badass a way as possible

6 Strain, 8 wounds
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:18 am

The two henchmen are shaken by seeing their master fall gruesomely before them. The one on the right exclaims unconvincingly, "I'LL GO FOR HELP!!" He turns tail and runs (Despair!!) out onto the landing pad extension outside.
Spoiler:
FEAR CHECK!!!!!
Things are not going their way. Upgraded from the slaying of their master.

NPC's; A-Squad; Fear Checks:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

NPC's; A-Squad; Fear Checks:
0 Success, 2 Advantages, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImage
The left-most henchman doubles down and shoots with determination (2 Adv). Of course, he targets the being who just felled his master. His aimed shots miss and the man ducks behind some crates as he makes his way towards the open door leading to the inner hallway.
He darts from obstacle to obstacle, trying to evade ranged attacks. (+2 ranged defense)
Spoiler:
Aim
2 passed boosts
Action = shoot w/DP
NPC's; A-Squad; Blaster Pistol w/DP:
0 Success, 6 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

3 Adv + 3 Adv = +2 Ranged Defense until the end of next turn.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:09 pm

"We've got to get a move-on. That was some serious aggression for a handful of slaves!" The group looks on as the last two minions make haste out of there. One flees out to the landing platform and sees that he is cornered. Instead of climbing (slowly) up the rope he came down on, making him an easy target, he instead pulls out a hook and line from his utility belt and frantically hooks it to a post and jumps over the edge of the landing platform to somewhere below. He is out of sight for the minute.

On the fallen adversary there is: a lightsaber (6D, Crit 2, Breach 1, Sunder), a holodisk communicator, a comlink, three credit bars worth 1,000 each, armored clothing, and some personal effects like a belt and jewelry.

There is hardly time to observe and collect the obvious when the last minion makes a line for the door and darts outside. That moment is quickly followed by the sound of two blaster bolts shooting across the open frame. Stepping forward is a human man in Republic armor with a blaster rifle.
Spoiler:
Cornelius Gant.JPG
Cornelius Gant.JPG (21.51 KiB) Viewed 3493 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:26 pm

"Cornelius!!!" exclaims Monty from half across the hangar.

"Thought you folks could need some help!" He has administered 'cold justice', so to speak, upon a fleeing unlawful, criminal.

Station security comes in close on his heels. Just a handful of them. "Nothing to see here!" Cornelius says forcefully. "Worthless riff-raff trying to jack a ship." The guards look at each other waiting for someone to give approval to those orders. "I said.... NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!" he hollars. "Look! Dark cloaks, armored clothing, and blasters! Spread out. If you find any more like THESE (he nudges the body with his boot), shoot on-sight. GOT IT??!!"

The men look inside the doorway at several identical outfits, look at each other, and nod their heads in agreement. They comlink into HQ and begin to give the said description to everyone on the base.

{{Anyone want to chime in? Role-play?}}

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:50 pm

With relief, Anjali slumps forward a bit on the crate in front on her, but still keeping her eyes up. Cornelius was a welcome sight, for sure. Anjali calls out to him: "Hey, did you find the guy who went behind those crates over there? I lost track of him."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:39 am

BA trudges over to the window to look down, to see if he can still see the guy.

I'll look for him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:35 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:50 pm
With relief, Anjali slumps forward a bit on the crate in front on her, but still keeping her eyes up. Cornelius was a welcome sight, for sure. Anjali calls out to him: "Hey, did you find the guy who went behind those crates over there? I lost track of him."
Cornelius points ahead of him on the ground outside in the hallway. "He didn't get too far." he says with a smirk.

BA looks over the edge and see the man just a little ways down the skinny rope he used from his utility belt. (Failed athletics check) He is only about 6 meters away.The fall would be medium range. He is the one who failed hi Fear check.
Spoiler:
NPC's; A-Squad; Rappelling :
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:31 am

"Those sleemos tracked us here somehow. Maybe this guy can tell us how." Anjali keeps her blaster out and aimed at spot the last henchman went over the edge, where BA even now works to pull him up.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 am

BA yanks the henchperson up, banging them up a little along the way. He drags him to the center of the room, so he's covered by Cornelius and Anjali.

Time ta talk.

then BA turns to the corpse of the sith and starts to rifle through it. He pockets the lightsaber and starts slowly pulling the armor off of him.

He looks sadly at his damaged axe.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 am

The man is still frightened, but has a certain resilience to him that comes from his training.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
BA can make a Coercion check vs RRP ImageImageImage. Upgrade once in your favor (Fear) and +2 Boosts for Anjali and the current circumstance. (By my count, that makes YYY+BB. Spending a DP would add a Green.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:05 am

"Yes, let's start with how you tracked us." Anjali's eyes bore into him....

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:06 am

BA twirls the lightsaber around heads back over the guy, the slightly beatup armor of their dead commander in his other hand.

I. Said. Talk. Ya ears or mouth not workin'?
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; coercion:
5 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 am

"Trackers....the trackers in the neck of those women act as homing beacons, to a distance."

Anjali senses genuine fear and reads his thoughts as being exactly what he is saying.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 am

"Who was that person with the lightsaber, and who does he answer to?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 am
"Who was that person with the lightsaber, and who does he answer to?"
"Kor'al. His name is Kor'al. .....WAS Kor'al. He answers to someone more powerful than he. I don't know who. He uses that disk (pointing to the one found on the body) to receive messages from him."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 am

"Did anyone else come with you on your ship or is this it?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:30 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 am
"Did anyone else come with you on your ship or is this it?"
"This is all of us, just seven of us. Neo. He is the pilot. He ran for the doorway."
Spoiler:
You knew from the scans (if they were accurate, of course...which they were) that seven lifeforms were scanned. If I messed that up 6, 7, 8....then the official number is these seven.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:43 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:33 am
Where were they hired? Why are they willing to work for someone who carried out what amounted to a terrorist attack a while ago?
Gaining a bit more confidence, the captured enemy speaks up. More confidence because you haven't killed him (yet) and he's thinking he may survive this encounter. The fear is perhaps wearing off.

"Hired??? I JOINED UP!! Who wouldn't want to learn from the Sith? Gain power, prestige, wealth....access to entire the galaxy! Learn to TRULY control The Force. It is a path forward that many envy!"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:05 am

Anjali inclines her head back toward the dead Sith, "you mean powerful like your dead friend over there? Do you think his power has grown now that he has left the land of the living?", she retorts. "What was their plan for those slaves? Why bother coming after them?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:04 pm

"Kor'al's absence will leave a vacuum, a void that will be filled by another!" he says optimistically! He pauses, fantasizing of 'what could be!'

Breaking out of his momentary trance, he replies, "Information. They have information. Events they have experienced could be valuable. Knowledge they possess could be dangerous."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:20 pm

BA gets right in the would be assassin's face. That's for them ta decide, you're gonna go away for a long time.

BA looks at Cornelius, We can claim their ship as salvage, yeah?

Return to “The Story”