IC: The Holodisk

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:20 pm
BA looks at Cornelius, We can claim their ship as salvage, yeah?
"They have a ship???" he asks sincerely. "More like, they HAD a ship. You can't count on the Coruscant Security Force for much. They're woefully undermanned and unwilling to take on the tough situations. They've practically abandoned anything beyond the surface levels of this planet."

Cornelius's rant continues. You can see that this bad blood runs deep in his veins.

"...No law. No order. No justice. No peace. No safety....."

He breaks of out his rant and back to reality.

"Salvage??? I don't think that'd be the case, but forfeiture of property used in the commission of a crime? I can see that!"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:30 pm

"Alright, let me get some things out of our ship, then we'll go see what they were flying. Cornelius, this guy is all yours." Anjali moves to go back to their ship and collect gear they might need for interfacing with computers.

Anjali gives the guy a hard look, "If I were you, I'd think long and hard about who you side with and what you're really gaining from it. The Sith will just use you as cannon fodder for their own goals, like your buddy over there."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:19 am

"Time to turn this one over to the authorities. I'll make sure he gets there."

"Come along now. Don't give me a reason to blow a hole through ya. And, believe me, I don't need much of a reason to do that!"

"Mercy???!!! THIS is why the SITH will rule the galaxy!!!"

"Yeah, yeah....whatever. Continue on with your delusions. If your acts are in violation of the Treaty (of Coruscant), then it'll be the firing squad for you!!! Or, maybe disintegration!!!" says the burly former Republic Commando, morbidly taunting him as he goes.

"Uh-uh-uh!!! ONE more thing!" quips Monty as he pulls a code cylinder from the prisoner's vest pocket. "Thanks!! I'll be seeing ya!"

The enemy shuttle is in a docking bay on the level above us. Through use of Anjali's Electronic Lock Breaker retrieved from The Vandura, the A-Squad gains access to the ship by bypassing the coded security panel. Tiber III is its name. Inside, it has rather 'Spartan' accommodations. Looks like it was equipped with basic seating for six and a pilot-co-pilot seat up front.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Anjali can make an AVG Computers check to see if any useful info is on the ship's computers.

BA can roll the group's combined Perception check. Difficulty HARD. YGG + 2 Boosts

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Anjali makes a read of The Tiber's ship computer while BA and Monty search the rest of the shuttle. There doesn't appear to be much to find, but BA and Monty may find something hidden from plain sight, perhaps.

The ship's computer is uncomplicated and easy to navigate (1 Success). It is obvious that any long-term logs have been intentionally deleted. Looks like this is a well-used shuttle, but it has only three logins as to where it has been in the last few months (3 Advantages). Two locations are on Coruscant and one is off-planet.

When back at a basic information terminal (some time later), the locations are as follows:
  • Hofton Towers, a business office complex according to public directories. (NOT the abandoned building you had been to.)
  • VibraTech Enterprises Building, a galactic corporation building
AND....
  • Coordinates on an astronomical object called Dxun, located outside the Core Worlds.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:53 am

Some time later....

Anjali carefully takes the time with proper medical tools to try and remove the tracker devices. The first one for the human female, Pria, goes smoothly (5 Successes), as does the third one on the purple female Twi'lek, Numa. The second 'patient's' tracker is beyond Anjali's ability to remove. There were medical complications (failed twice). However, with the multitude of advantages, Anjali has figured out how to 'block' the signal coming to the devices. Long range signals will not work, but someone in short range would possibly be able to activate the disabling nerve attack option.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 am

Anjali is quite tired from all the work spent on the nasty devices implanted in these poor people. It makes her blood burn thinking about the cruelty one must have to inflict such torture on another. She wonders if maybe it was a mistake to let that henchman live....

She tends to the newly freed slaves as best she can to make them comfortable and see that their immediate needs are met. "So I know you don't have a place to call 'home', but do you have any thoughts on where you'd like to go from here? We're probably going to see what we can do shut down this operation that had enslaved you. Do you have any idea how many more are trapped like you?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:35 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 am
"So I know you don't have a place to call 'home', but do you have any thoughts on where you'd like to go from here? We're probably going to see what we can do shut down this operation that had enslaved you. Do you have any idea how many more are trapped like you?"
Pria stops to ponder. We never went beyond this local sector, so I imagine anywhere else will be safe! I think I only ever encountered a handful of others. Four or five. Sometimes when we were brought in, we'd see another group going. They never permitted chit-chat between us. Always had to sit silently and wait. Always at that same building. That "doctor", Dr. Christophsis, always left to go somewhere else when he was done."

{{Phasing back a bit...}}

BA searches the shuttle thoroughly. He finds:
- a set of eight Breath Masks (25cr each)
- four extra reloads (25cr each)
- two emergency medpacks (100cr each)
- four Stimpacks (25cr each)

Basic items a common vehicle or atmospheric ship may have.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 am

Hofton Towers, a business office complex according to public directories. (NOT the abandoned building you had been to.)
VibraTech Enterprises Building, a galactic corporation building.
(2 Succ, 1 Threat). An intergalactic technology corporation dealing with small items, appliances, and communication. Established nearly 5 years ago. CEO Firn Tansmand, human male in his 50's. ( 1 Threat, omit (possibly) vital detail)
Spoiler:
VT1.JPG
VT1.JPG (11.58 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Coordinates on an astronomical object called Dxun, located outside the Core Worlds.
Outer Rim: (2 Succ, 3 Adv) Dxun is the largest of four moons in orbit around Onderon. Both the planet and the moon are covered in thick, aggressive plant life containing some of the galaxy's most dangerous predatory animals. Dxun is relatively uninhabited while Onderon has a mostly-human (90%+) tribal population for 4 million. Over 300 years ago both the Sith and Mandalorians fought wars using Dxun as a base. The Great Sith War and The Mandalorian Wars occurred around there, which was followed by an Onderon Civil War. The system is very close to the border between the Republic and the Sith Empire, though, technically still in the Republic. For the last 300+ years, there has been little significant activity there. It is near Kashyyyk and Trandosha.
Spoiler:
Onderon and Dxun.jpg
Onderon and Dxun.jpg (137.24 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
LORE: (2 Succ, 0 Adv) Dxun has played a significant role in galactic lore when it comes to war and The Dark Side of The Force. It is a known pilgrimage site for Dark Side force-users because the moon is said to have strong Dark Side connections. Everything is wild and dangerous there, challenging to even the most powerful of force-users. It is rumored that a powerful Sith Lord's tomb is somewhere on the moon of Dxun.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Anjali moves around the ship's makeshift "surgery center" with efficient, no-nonsense attitude. She's a bit frustrated that she could get all of the slaves' devices out, but the one that proved too difficult for her was something a proper Republic facility should be able to remove with ease. After seeing that the freed captives were all recovering well, she motions to BA.

"Alright, BA, it's your turn. I know you and Monty are hiding some serious injuries beneath that tough facade. Let's take a look. Don't worry, these needles won't hurt more than that lightsaber would have."

Anjali gets to work....

BA 1
Spoiler:
BA 2
Spoiler:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:49 pm

After Anjali finishes patching BA up, he grabs his jacket and says, "I'm goin' out ta get anythin' we need, what do we need?" He checks in on the recently freed slaves to see if they want anything, and on Monty.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:37 pm

"Medical supplies, stims, ....some new clothes...." replies Monty. "Probably some food and drink, too."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Anjali finishes patching BA up before moving on to Monty. She works deftly with the medical equipment to get cleared up, too.

Monty Crit 1:
Spoiler:
Monty Crit 2:

Return to “The Story”