IC: The Holodisk

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: IC: The Holodisk

Post by Flamiel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:36 pm

After inspecting it for a moment, Anjali murmurs to herself, "This looks disturbingly familiar." Then a bit louder for others to hear, "I can get this out, but it would safer with proper medical equipment. We're going to have to let those bastards go for now, but if this thing is a tracking device, we're going to need to keep a sharp eye out for anyone following us."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm

BA nods, and asks if there's anything he can help with at the moment.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm
BA nods, and asks if there's anything he can help with at the moment.
"Help these young ladies to the speeder (again), I think." They are still weakened from the trauma. "Keep a close eye on that monitor, too.
We wouldn't want to lose 'em."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:53 pm

"Let's get back to the ship and rest. That will give us time to regroup and plan our next steps. Caspo and I can take a closer look at removing those implants, too.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:20 pm

BA helps everyone into the speeder. "Let's get patched up, and then head on over and take those bastards out."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:09 am

On their way out in the speeder, Anjali asks the others, "So who was that asshole, and what was he doing to you?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:09 am
On their way out in the speeder, Anjali asks the others, "So who was that asshole, and what was he doing to you?"
"Christophsis.... Doctor Christophsis, they call him. Not his REAL name, I don't think. I think that is just where he's from." replies Pria. "He implants these 'bugs' in us (as she sweeps back her long, dark hair to reveal the back of her neck) and then harvests the information somehow. He's VERY cold. Passionate about his 'work', but cares little for living beings like us." she says despondently.
Spoiler:
POST #73, for further reference...
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 pm
"THIS!" replies one of them. One of the captives pulls their long hair to the side, revealing the back of her neck. She points to a small tattoo on the back of her neck. Looking ever-more-closely, and with some enhanced lighting, one can notice a tiny stitch within the tattoo and a small, capsule-like lump underneath. The two others follow and do the same.

"There is some kind of electronic device they implant in our necks to control us. If we disregard an order, then they can cause debilitating pain, ....and even death!"

"WHY???? What do they want with you? All of this to have people serve drinks??? " asks Monty incredulously. "I don't get it."

"Oh! Serving drinks? That's just our 'cover' to be around those VIPs!! You didn't notice what that club was? Who spends time there? These.....people..... They have us spying for them. They're told we work for Manservices, Corp, but I don't think that is their real company name. I don't know who they really are. They keep us here. They keep us fed and clothed. They retrieve information from these devices and anything we can retrieve ourselves gets us simple pleasures, like extra shares of food and drink."

"Can you DO SOMETHING about these???"
Pria says, pointing at the insertion point. "PLEASE tell me you can!!"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:36 am

"So he's experimentin' on you all? He do anythin' else to ya during all this?"

BA keeps an eye on the scanner while they talk. "We should all probably rest up? You ain't lookin' so good Anjali."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 pm

"Yeah, I definitely need to rest.", she replies to BA. Turning back to the captives, "how did you come to be under Christophisis' control? Do you have a home?" Anjali feels a lot of pity for these poor people, and a swelling hatred for this "doctor".

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 am

"This galaxy can be cruel to orphans and ones like them. I never really had a home and lived on the street for a time. This man, Zarbos, he took me under his wing. Fed me, gave me a place to stay, gave me work to do. It wasn't easy, but it was better than starving. When I was still young, a man approached Zarbos one day. They exchanged credits and I was sent off with him. Zarbos didn't even look back. It was like 'That was the plan' the whole time, to sell off us kids."

The two Twi'leks nod along with this part of the story. "The same with us," they say. "As long as we can remember, we've been owned by someone else."

Pria continues."From there, this new man, Larn, took us to 'the doctor'. He said we were going to 'do work' for him. Gather information. Works real jobs. They're spies. Some kind of spying they're having us do."

"But I see there is an entire universe out there. I decided, along with Sienn and Numa, that we were going to look for opportunities to get out! I know that these "implants" are there to prevent that, but I hope there is something you can do about them. They said the A-Squad can solve all types of problems, so I took a chance."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm

"We're going to do our best to get those implants removed. I'm not in very good condition to do it right away, unfortunately, but as soon as I recover, that's my first priority."

"Do you have any idea of what you'll do next, once you're free? Do you have options? The galaxy is large and full of opportunities, yes, but also full of pitfalls. Without means, I'm concerned that you'd fall prey to yet another form of enslavement."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:47 pm

"ANYTHING is better than being slaves! Who would go through the trouble of putting these computer chips in slaves to spy on military types??? I mean, the Great Galactic War has been over for over a year. What's the point?"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:33 pm

"The Sith, perhaps," Anjali glowers. "Or perhaps organized crime, hoping to exploit opportunities for blackmail or easy profit." Anjali falls silent a minute, reflecting. "There's a lot of damage that could be done, whether it's for someone's personal gain, or someone else's, or the Republic's, disadvantage. The war 'ended' over a year ago, but not favorably for the Republic."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 am

BA sits listening.

Then he pipes up, "I think our first task, afta helping them out obviously, is ta figure out who these guys are spyin' for."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:05 pm

"That's true, Angali." replies Monty. "It was not favorable for the Republic. The withdrawal of Republic forces from the Outer Rim, the forfeiture of several systems, and Sith protocol droids placed in Republic gov't buildings to ensure the treaty's terms are upheld. An all this AFTER the destruction of the Jedi Temple and the assassination of Chancellor Berooken!!"

"Indeed, it was a dark time for the Republic."
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Someone can make a Knowledge: Core Worlds (or Warfare) check to know about some other, more specific, details about the peace accords. AVG + Setback.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:42 am

True to her cynical nature, Anjali gives a little snort,"yeah, it could even be Republic agents who want to reignite war, or hell, even some of the Jedi. No doubt some of them would like to take another crack at the Sith to get revenge on what happened to their precious temple."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:46 am

BA chuckles and nods his head in agreement.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:10 pm

"Can't know for sure, can we?" implies Monty. "Could even be some free-enterpriser or corp taking advantage of the situation. Maybe even criminal slavers! Hardly much has been done in rebuilding Coruscant since the Treaty. That's why we saw our friend Cornelius* has taken the law into his own hands."

Spoiler:
Cornelius Gant, human male, former fellow Republic soldier. Monty and BA know from Army and CSF (Coruscant Security Force). Anjali knows from CSF. Alamy does not know.

He laid out some criminal thugs that were attacking us, killing the last ones w/o mercy.
"Now that I think of it, he'd likely lend a hand if we needed him in all of this."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:24 am

"Yeah, perhaps we should contact him. That doctor will likely be better guarded wherever he goes from now on."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:45 am

"That's probably a good idea, although we should also scope out wherever this doctor is now too."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:58 am

Anjali, BA, Monty, and the three former captives all make it back to where their ship (the G9 Rigger, “The Vandura”) is docked, at one of the many, many spiral docking towers on Coruscant. The Vandura contains all the equipment and goods characters have not been able to carry with them, like the med kits. It has a Genetic Lock (Security Measures) to gain access which is keyed to the main four party members.
Spoiler:
Security Measures: (Value: 500cr x Sil) Upgrade TWICE unauthorized Computers and Skulduggery checks to access the ship. Two Mods: two +1 SB die to such checks.

Smuggling Compartments: (Value: 1,200cr) -25encum. Adds Two Diff to checks to find it.
Monty has takes the time to contact the group's former Republic Army friend, Cornelius Gant. He is agreeable to lend assistance and will make arrangements to meet us here. Still no communication from Alamy. The group is unsure of her fate. About 1-2hrs have gone by and strain has been reduced by 6 for everyone from the restful travel and time spent back at the base ship (leaving only Anjali at 6 strain).

Anjali has time to sort through the medical kits to find the right tools to remove the devices from the captives. It appears that some local anesthetic, scalpels, and tweezers are available. BUT, before any work can be done, a tiny “beep” begins emanating from the scanner BA is keenly watching.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:09 am

Tracker2.jpg
Tracker2.jpg (248.59 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
The surveillance tagger on the doctor's shuttle has begun moving. Current indication is that it is moving in a straight line TOWARDS US!!! After a few seconds, BA is SURE that it is moving towards us. Judging by the speed, it seems to be a speeder or shuttle. Perhaps our location is not a secret!!

We have a little time to prepare, or leave, or hide, or ????? Monty looks up from the screen to the face of Anjali and BA as if asking, "What do we do now?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:11 am

Anjali briefly consults with Caspo [Link] on the incoming threat, the structural and tactical layout of the spaceport tower, and the viability of combat, either in the spaceport tower or the skies (5 Successes).

"Based on the speed differential and combat capability of the two ships, and given the current speeds, I estimate that our ship would be at an estimated combat disadvantage of 17.635% without a properly-trained pilot."

"IF combat is inevitable, there are more defensive options within the building and hanger than outside the building. On a neutral field, given the accuracy of the scans of the enemy personnel, I estimate our chances of victory to be a disadvantage of 3.98%. With the element of surprise and proper tactical positioning, we can possibly gain an advantage of up to 32.67%. We could use the corridors, doorways, cargo crates, and walls to you advantage. "

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:11 pm

"Then it's settled." replies Commander Monty. "IF it's a fight they want, then it is a fight they'll get!!"

"Just like old times back on Agamar, eh BA?"
he says with a nod and a wink.

(Flipping a LS point) "This Tibanna Gas container can be to our advantage, I think. They don't take too well to blaster fire! And these crates will make for good cover."

"BA, maybe you can place yourself to one side of the door and with the Tibanna on the other side. Quicker for you to jump into melee. Just wait until after I hit to container and it does its work. We can put the protocol droid in some boots and a cloak near the ship. Make them think they got the drop on us."

"SIR!!! I would protest!!! However, your plan is most efficient. I shall cooperate."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Anjali injects herself with a stimpack and sighs as it relieves some of her pain. She's still got that headache, though....

"Should I also hide to help ambush, or stay out front to do some talking if that's what they're here for?"

Return to “The Story”