IC: The Holodisk

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 pm

"NOOOOooooo!!!" screams Monty!!! Not another fallen soldier under his command!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! Although she is no soldier, the Commander feels the loss as if she were one of his own.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: Side Step (upgrades incoming ranged attacks by one, +1 Strain)
Maneuver (Aim, +2 Strain)
Action: Shoot the Doctor!!!
**Had Accuracy Mod to add in.

Monty; A-Squad; Rifle Shot:
1 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

TOTAL: 2 Successes, 3 Advantages
11 Damage + 82% Critical
"81-85 "Winded Cannot voluntarily suffer strain to activate abilities or gain additional maneuvers until end of encounter."
Spoiler:
:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=82

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Monty's precise shot gravely wounds the 'doctor' in the lower rib cage. The man clutches his side and stoops over. Suddenly the reality of this conflict comes to bear. He looses track of Anjali laying at his feet. He begins to look for cover or retreat.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 am

(Top of the Next Round)

Monty fires out with great resolve!!! The cluster of guards is cut down to ONE as he lets loose a barrage with his blaster rifle.
Spoiler:
Use DP
Incidental: Second Wind, recover 2 strain
Maneuver: Aim
Maneuver: Aim x2 (+2 Strain)
**Forgot that accuracy boost again.

Monty; A-Squad; Blaster Rifle:
3 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

13D before soak
3 Adv = Critical
1 Adv = Boost to BA
1 Adv = recover a strain

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 am

The last two minions takes careful aim at his dangerous foe with the blaster pistol. His shot hits home!!! {{edited 1-to-2 minions and pistol, not rifle}}

Monty slumps over to lean on the speeder to prop himself up. "BA!!! Where are you???!!!" he calls out desperately into his comlink.

Spoiler:
NPC's; A-Squad; Minion:
1 Success, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

7D before soak.
3 Adv : Critical (+10 for Monty)
1 Adv: pass to ally
Spoiler:
:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+10=58
ter.
56-60 Agonizing Wound Increase difficulty of all Brawn and Agility checks by +1 Diff until end of encounter.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 am

The doctor (as we'll call him now) looks back as he is retreating. He longingly looks back like as though he wished to examine the subject (Anjali) further, but his wound is too much to bear. One guard ushers the captives to back away form the door, which they do (momentarily). The second guard takes up a protective position near the doctor (Bodyguard Talent) and assists him on his retreat.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:14 pm

BA sprints to AA's fallen body.

"This did not go as planned he growls," grabbing AA's body.
Spoiler:
Two maneuvers, so 2 strain. Then action to grab her body.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 am

Monty stays at the speeder and leans on it to take careful aim at the two remaining guards. (Had to use Natural Marksman to reroll....THREE blanks on boosts!!!) He hits one, but one security guard remains.
Spoiler:
Use DP
Maneuver: Aim
Maneuver: Aim x2 (+2 Strain)
Custom Grip: removes setback die
Accuracy Mod

Will use Natural Marksman to reroll!!!
Spoiler:
Monty; A-Squad; Blaster Rifle w/ DP:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

11D before soak.
Pass Boost to BA

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:33 am

The lone remaining guard takes note of the hulking Nikto near him. He figures these hulking types are weakest versus stun and sets his pistol to such. Now, while he is helping the woman, is an opportune time to strike!!!
Spoiler:
NPC's; A-Squad; Minion Guard:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

2 Adv: perform immediate free maneuver to take cover.
As the blast goes wide of the Nikto, the man realizes his mistake..... that it may have been better to run than to shoot!! BA's eyes narrow as he sneers in the man's direction.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:49 am

In the back of the laboratory room, one of the guards pulls out a small device and and presses it. The three captives, who had been cowering on the floor amidst all the broken glass, begin to scream in agony as they reach for the back of their necks. They fall to the floor, writhing in pain. The guards looks to the nearby Nikto purposefully as if the say, "It is either ME or THEM!!" and then frisbees the device across the room to the far corner (forward-right to BA while they are forward-left).

The two personal guards and the scientist then push through to the next room. We hear some clanking metal sounds, see some light shine from the room, and a rush of outside city air burst from the doorway into this room. With their movement, the three bad guys are now medium distance and the 'small device' is short distance away. The last guard is short distance and taking cover behind a nearby pillar/beam.

[BA's turn again]

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:52 am

BA growls and dashes to the fob, whacking the button on it. He keeps his eyes on the guard as if to let him know You're next.

Spoiler:
Maneuver plus action
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:06 am

The captives stop their excruciating screams, but still lay writhing from the shock of it all. Anjali lays unconscious, but stirring, as if in a bad dream. The lone guard is taking cover behind an obstacle in the hallway.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 am

BA walks over to the guy and takes a swing, but misses. He's standing next to the man now, glaring at him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; attack:
0 Success, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The lone guard in this area tosses his pistol on the ground, throws his arms up, disengages, and runs down the hall (2 Threats = Free Maneuver). He runs down the full length of the hallway and around the distant corner (2 maneuvers). Unbeknownst to us, he probably runs into the four watchmen that BA faced down, previously. None of which want tot angle with the angry Nikto.

From the rear room, we FEEL the blast of a ship engine turn on from the other room!! The thrust from the engines (a shuttle, most likely) blows everything not nailed down against the back wall. Shards of glass and debris fly everywhere. Portions of wall in that shuttle room fall away leaving an exit to the outside.

Looking at the others moments later, Commander Monty wonders if we can (or should) pursue and whether a pursuit in tenable. He grasps the grievous wound at his side, looks to the airspeeder beside him, and then looks to BA, Anjali, and the three freed captives. For a moment he is indecisive. "What can we do, BA?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 pm

BA hurls the tracker onto the escaping enemy shuttle.

"Y'all aint gettin' away that easy, he growls under his breath.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; tracker:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:32 pm

BA retrieves the tracking device from Anjali's backpack and hurls it with an epic grunt. It adheres nicely to the shuttle (3 Successes) and in a conspicuous spot to boost !! (2 Adv: setback die to notice it).

"Anjali? ANJALI!!??" shouts Monty. Still unconscious, there is little response except for some semi-conscious ramblings (maybe like Luke+Tauntaun style!). “There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage....”
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Monty; A-Squad; Med check:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImage

1 Success: it is stun damage
1 Threat: misunderstands the time needed to recover.

“Anjali, what did that guy DO to you???”
Monty says rhetorically. He makes the best medicine check that he can and adds, "She'll be around in a little while. It appears to be some sort of stunning damage. Let's get Anjali, these captives, anything we might need, to somewhere safer. Maybe one of those nearby abandoned buildings we passed in this sector. The Republic still hasn't rebuilt most of the buildings in this sector from the war."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 pm

The group retreats to a nearby abandoned building...

"BA, watch this tracker carefully, like you saw Anjali do earlier. We may have to head out again, quickly, to close the distance if the signal starts to fade."

"I'll see what I can do with her and the others."

! Message from: DeepSpacer
An AVG Vigilance check for BA. +1 Boost seeing it done earlier by Anjali, and +1 Boost for those Advantages you rolled.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:53 am

“Not sure this will help or not, but I'll give it a try.” Monty applies a stim to Anjali. It heals her wounds. BA closely monitors the surveillence tracker. After some time goes by, perhaps 20 minutes or more, Anjali begins to wake up from being heavily stunned. She feels drained and lethargic (13/13 Stun Threshold), but able to interact with others now. It was as if she had been tormented in a nightmarish dream and now suffers from an awful headache. She'll need a longer rest to reduce her strain by much more.

When she opens her eyes, she sees three females (the captives from the building) sitting on a fallen pillar/beam. She recognizes them as the captives: the human, Pria, and two Twi'leks. She is laying on a large, metal slab, a workbench or desk, of sorts. The room is different, though, not a laboratory. It is another abandoned building. Medpacs and other loose equipment are in a pile nearby.

The friends who most likely carried her to this place, BA & Monty, are here, as well. BA is staring intently into the viewscreen that Anjali used for the first surveillance beacon. Monty is nearby making small-talk with the captives. The captives are still in a state of shock and look nervous.

“Ah! I see Anjali is coming around!” Monty says optimistically.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Anjali's dreams are tortured and strained. She sees flashes of pain and agony, followed by brief moments of relief and joy. Her mind starts to open up more to the flow of the Force around her, and she can sense its flow and ebb around her and in her. Abruptly she regains consciousness and opens her eyes. That doctor! What happened to that scum?? She tries to sit bolt upright, but has a sudden rush of vertigo and has to lie back down. Looking around, she sees the captives she remembers fighting for not long ago.

"Ugh... what happened? Where are we?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:25 am

"That "doctor" pinched a nerve on your neck and knocked you out. Or maybe he injected you with something? I don't know. one touch and you were out!"

"We're not far from the building we were in. We're in another building nearby. We needed to regroup, rest, and heal up. That doctor, or whatever he was, escaped with his two goons on a small shuttle they had tucked away in the other room. But BA, here, took one of your magnetic beacons and he's tracking the ship now. I don't think they've gone far. We may have some time to rest."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Anjali is relieved that everyone seems to be okay and that the captives are secure, but she's troubled by Monty's statement. "That bastard better not have injected anything into me!
Bring me a scanner so I can check."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:03 pm

There were some common medi-scanners within the room: vital signs, blood, and the like. Monty hands one to Anjali from the pile.

"That was Doctor Christophsis." interjects Pria, the human woman. "I don' think that's his real name, but they all call him that."
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
AVG Medicine check for Anjali on herself.

Anjali can also make the combined (AVG) Outer Rim Check to know that planet. Combined with CASPO droid. YGGG

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Anjali does a quick scan to make sure she's clean. Satisfied with the results, she sits up carefully on the edge of the table. She looks over at the captives they rescued. "So what were they doing to you there?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 pm

"THIS!" replies one of them. One of the captives pulls their long hair to the side, revealing the back of her neck. She points to a small tattoo on the back of her neck. Looking ever-more-closely, and with some enhanced lighting, one can notice a tiny stitch within the tattoo and a small, capsule-like lump underneath. The two others follow and do the same.

"There is some kind of electronic device they implant in our necks to control us. If we disregard an order, then they can cause debilitating pain, ....and even death!"

"WHY???? What do they want with you? All of this to have people serve drinks??? " asks Monty incredulously. "I don't get it."

"Oh! Serving drinks? That's just our 'cover' to be around those VIPs!! You didn't notice what that club was? Who spends time there? These.....people..... They have us spying for them. They're told we work for Manservices, Corp, but I don't think that is their real company name. I don't know who they really are. They keep us here. They keep us fed and clothed. They retrieve information from these devices and anything we can retrieve ourselves gets us simple pleasures, like extra shares of food and drink."

"Can you DO SOMETHING about these???"
Pria says, pointing at the insertion point. "PLEASE tell me you can!!"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Anjali feels her blood pressure rising as she listens to their description of their captivity. "Let me take a look at that and see," Anjali says gesturing to the tattoo.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:18 pm

There is some kind of 'implant' at the base of the neck. A recorder, a transmitter, a gps, a neuro-disabler...... all kinds of possibilities. It is a small capsule just below the skin. One could endeavor to take a surgical 'stab' at it (which is pretty much what I planned). It is similar to the Arkanian tracking device Anjali once had in her leg.

However, much of her medical equipment is back at "The Vandura", our G9 Rigger. She could try doing something here with what we have, but certainly, her best equipment is back on the ship. It looks the be a difficult job (Hard). The tracking beacon has been without movement for 10-15 minutes and could possibly be monitored from further away.

Return to “The Story”