IC: The Kizer Rift

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: The Kizer Rift

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm

"Grab the grenades from my pack, Anj. I've got something that might get through this thing's circuitry..." AAA grabs her ionization blaster from her holster and aims it at the droid's hulk. "Just where I want you..."
Spoiler:
Flipping a DP and Aiming for 2 Strain if we assume she hadn't yet drawn the blaster.

AAA; Alpha Squad; Ranged (light) w/ Aim + DP:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

15 damage before soak. I'll use the 2 Advantage to trigger Disorient 5.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:50 am

The Mark II War Droid takes a mighty blast from the ionization blaster and teeters to the side a bit. Disorients, it spins around at the waist, aims, and unleashes a sweeping spray of heavy fire with its twin heavy blaster cannons across a 180 degree angle across its rear zone. Nothing is spared, the living, the skiff, immobile objects....

However, it is far too unstable from recent attacks to fire accurately. It tries to stabilize itself after firing (1 Adv).
Spoiler:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:38 pm

"Holy Devaron! That thing is scary!" AAA says as a pair of bolts whizz past her horns.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:11 am

BA pulls the Ion grenade out, takes a moment to aim, and throws it at the droid.
Spoiler:

2 strain for extra maneuver
BA; Alpha Squad; ion grenade attack:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

burn the advantage to heal a strain.

13 damage
It lands on the droid and crackles.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:13 am

The War Droid is certainly worse for wear. The powerful grenades do measurably more damage than blaster and slugthrower pistols. The slug gang retreats to defensive positions, fleeing the impressive (but inaccurate) onslaught of its blaster cannons. It still teeters awkwardly (Disoriented 5R's)

{{No defense until its turn. Three PC's go now before it does. Top of the next round. }}

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:37 pm

"Nice aiming, BA!" AAA says, as she draws another bead on the droid with her ionization blaster. "Let see if I can't put it over the edge..."
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Ranged (light) w/ 2xAim:
3 Successes, 3 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment

15 stun damage before Soak. Will use 2 advantage to recover the strain from the second Aim maneuver, and the third to pass a boost.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:09 am

Ionized, electrical charges coarse over the chassis of the war droid, causing it to slump over and topple on its side.....motionless and inactive.....the lights of its sensors go dark. (WT 20/18).

It takes a few seconds for the slug gang members to scurrying to safety to realize that they are no longer being chased. Once they realize what the A-Squad has done, they stop to stare briefly at each other, and then stare over to the group. There is a moment of tension as the two groups pause.
Spoiler:
{{End of Structured Time....for the moment.}}

Time for the characters to parlay, perhaps. Inaction will only embolden the gang. We are outnumbered about 3-to-1, assuming there aren't more around the corner.

One option, do Streetwise to "talk turf" to them. "Claim the kill/spoils", so to speak. HARD with 2 SB's, Upgraded with DP (RPP+BB).

Another option, Intimidate them to back off (Coercion). (BA, basically, with YYG) AVG with SB, Upgraded. (RP+B)

I'm open to other options you may pose. Coercion has a slightly better % chance, even by removing a SB from Streetwise.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:14 pm

BA jumps off the speeder and on to the ground near the droid.

"Well now, let's keep our calm. We're just here ta' take that droid, and glad we could help ya' not end up like it. We wouldn't want anyone ta' get hurt."

As BA says the last bit, he makes a show of scratching his back next to his vibro-axe handle.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; coercion:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:14 pm
"Well now, let's keep our calm. We're just here ta' take that droid, and glad we could help ya' not end up like it. We wouldn't want anyone ta' get hurt."

As BA says the last bit, he makes a show of scratching his back next to his vibro-axe handle.
BA's vibro-ax is significantly bigger than the handheld blades the slug gang possess. They back down (1 Success) and concede the disabled droid. They are wary to engage someone so obviously threatening. Some keep their distance and observe, while some leave altogether.

They scare quickly, but may soon return....and in greater numbers!

The group will try to make a quick escape with the war droid. Monty will fly the skiff over top of the droid. BA will try to guide the magnetic wench into place. Anjali can operate the wench from above. Alamy can apply her knowledge of physics to the effort. Overall, a composite of the checks will determine how quickly (or if) we can make away with the goods.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Spending the last DS Point to upgrade the Piloting check.
Monty: EASY (Upgraded) Image Pilot-Planetary check.
BA: AVG ImageImage Athletics check.
Anjali: EASY Image Computers or Mechanics check.
Alamy: AVG ImageImage Knowledge, Education check.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Anjali quickly swings back up on the skiff and works the lift as quickly as she can to pick up the droid before the gang can protest.
Spoiler:
She'll decommit her Force die, in case she needs it for Social checks. For these advantages, not sure what my options are, but I'd take information and anything that gives us an advantage on dealing with this gang.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Mechanics for lift:
1 Success, 3 Advantages

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:35 pm

"That's it ... nice and slow. Bit more to the left..."
Spoiler:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 am

BA works to guide the wench, but isn't quite successful.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; athletics:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:45 am

The only delay in acquiring the war droid is BA being unable to connect the magnetic wench to the droid chassis. A few more delays and perhaps the slug gang would have regained their courage to contest the find.
Spoiler:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:37 am

Our group arrives at the designated scene with Mark II War Droid in-tow. The scene being an empty industrial warehouse in a discrete area. Also found on the journey are some key components of a modern protocol droid (Netted 7 Adv's on those checks, and also some key skills the group lacks: Negotiation and Knowledge, among others). It will take some work and credits, but you believe that a functional protocol droid can be built from what you've found. The parts are of a mix of Republic and Sith manufacturers.

It takes some time, several hours perhaps, for General Fentz and his (unnamed) business associate to arrive. Sisira is not to be found. Accompanying them are two hardened Republic soldiers with helmets and several Coruscant law officers outside. The General is well-satisfied with our retrieval of an in-tact war droid. Just what he was looking for! His business associate grins and puffs on his cigarra. They happily hand over the payment of 20,000 credits per individual.

"Well done!!! Well done!!! I guess that is why they call you the A-Squad!"

"My associate and I may have another job to be done if you want the credits."
Spoiler:
unknown character.jpg
unknown character.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
General Fentz.jpg
General Fentz.jpg (43.38 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:15 pm

The A-Squad spends some significant time off. After all, it takes time for the wheels of bureaucracy to work in acquiring those official exonerations. For the time-being, they lay low. This gives time to scout out the starship market, work on building a droid, and shop for stuff.

Anjali @Flamiel has a collection of parts (7 Adv's) from the scrapheap down the Kizer Rift. Building a Droid Chassis is 3 days and a Daunting (ImageImageImageImage) Mechanics check. I would say up to TWO Boosts from people assisting and then whatever you have for tools, and such. Anjali can go ahead and make the roll. [[EDIT: use a LS DP}}

Positive dice add to future checks and up physical characteristics (like armor, defense, attributes). Negative dice result in negative effects (penalties on future rolls, quirks, setbacks).

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:40 am

Anjali pores herself into working on the repairs and reconstruction of the droid. It takes a while, but eventually she has a rudimentary functioning protocol droid - the largest sort of machine she'd ever crafted. It certainly lacked polish, but where hardware lacks, she knows that software can usually compensate. Programming it comes naturally to her, and sure enough, the final product is a serviceable droid that should be able to assist them with certain nuances of interpersonal relations.

With some input from the others, she includes a databank of strategic and tactical routines that might help them organize their future planning. She has a meager archive of Jedi, Sith, and Force-related data that she also uploads; a vanity, perhaps, but she hopes the droid might be able to parse and collate in a meaningful way for her to use.
Spoiler:
I couldn't help myself and included the Lore skill rank. I still have my eye on some Force-related applications for Anjali. ;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:49 am

"Greetings! I am C-AS-P-O, human-cyborg relations. How may I be of assistance?"

Vamblades, you say, Master Sai?
Spoiler:
NPC-Caspo; A-Squad; Negotiation Roll:
6 Successes, 2 Advantages

Extra success = -5%
2 Adv = extra boon???
"Master Sai, the seller has a multitude of vamblades in his inventory. May I suggest the purchase of 10 vamblades to achieve the maximum discounted price of 3,562 and one-half credits?"

"Should you only choose to purchase two vamblades, then the cost will be 750 credits."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:03 am

"I don't need more than two, only got two hands," BA laughs. "What do y'all think though, vamblade necklace? Can't use it ta' fight, but it's a good conversation starta?"

"Alamy, you wanna help me look for some blast knuckles? I'm thinkin' they might be handy, especially in close quarters. They won't look like they came from my usual a-cute-re-ma [accoutrement, French accent]"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:03 am
"I don't need more than two, only got two hands," BA laughs. "What do y'all think though, vamblade necklace? Can't use it ta' fight, but it's a good conversation starta?"
Anjali chuckles. "Yeah, BA, that'd be a good look on you."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 pm

AAA and BA look for some blast knuckles but strike out. "Sorry, big guy. Maybe we can try again once we go looking for a starship or something? I haven't had this much cash since I took out my last student loan."

Return to “The Story”