IC: Cantina 571

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

IC: Cantina 571

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:34 am

571 (1).JPG
571 (1).JPG (34.88 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
"That's it, up ahead. The entryway to Cantina 571." says Cornelius Gant. "If you swing back by my way again, we could use your help cleaning up the old neighborhood."

The area is notably cleaner than the rest of the sector. Clearly, more attention has been given to this location. The area is well-lit by the neon store signs and figures of Twi'lek dancers above.

The group assures Cornelius that it is also their desire to make Coruscant safe again, but stops short of promising a return. Who knows where their adventures will take them next?

Up the incline lies the entry to the cantina. This is no simple watering hole, but rather something of a social arena built around entertainment. Two Coruscant Security Officers outside allow us to enter freely, as they do other patrons. However, the two interior cantina security people dressed in dark clothing insist on us surrendering our weapons. A handheld metal detector is used and the weapons are placed in a vault, of sorts, off of the main entrance. An electronically-coded disc is given to each person in order to acquire the weapons upon departure.
Spoiler:
Coruscant Security (1).JPG
Coruscant Security (1).JPG (24.15 KiB) Viewed 4738 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: Cantina 571

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 am

Inside is an opulent, multi-tiered interior extending upwards from where we came in. Live instrumental music is being played by a Bith band and dancers (holographic and real) dot the scenery. There is even a strange sort of yoga-acrobatics being performed in silence by alien artists on the bottom floor stage. Stair ascend to different levels, each with varying security. Somewhere, you suspect, there may be a lift. Multiple types of patrons gather at a rather large bar waiting for drinks and socializing. Some seem to carry themselves as the military variety.

{{Alamy (since she removes SB dice to Perception) can make a group Perception check at Formidable + 4 SB dice in order to see difficult details and even possibly see into the upper levels better. That'll give us a good starting point.}}
Spoiler:
The image is more to detail the multi-tier aspect of the place and not the exact layout. It is also MUCH more dark inside.
13522901394aafd871cfdb45.73211150-1253038193.jpg
13522901394aafd871cfdb45.73211150-1253038193.jpg (101.06 KiB) Viewed 4737 times

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 pm

BA bulls off his knuckledusters, and sets them and his staff down with the security.

He gives a good hard glare to the guards as he does so.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Anjali relinquishes her weapons, too, then steps inside further to take in the view.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:17 am

"Oh, I see!!!" exclaims the guard as he notices AAA's specialty pistol. "Well, of course!! You understand, madam, no blaster use indoors, right?" he asks rhetorically. "Move along."

The security guard motions to one of the turbolift guards a few meters away. "Level FOUR." he says, giving a head nod and finger wave to the four of us.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:27 am

Level Four.JPG
Level Four.JPG (46.92 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
"Level Four" opens into a lavish, opulent lounge with a bar. You can now see why the VIP's frequent this place.
Spoiler:
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Group Perception Check needed. Likely Alamy since she removes SB to Perc.
HARD ImageImageImageImageImage (B4 removing)
GROUP SKILL ImageImageImageImageImageImage (Two boosts from others looking left and right, as well.)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:06 pm

"Posh digs, huh?" AAA says as she surveys the area.
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Perception + Farsight:
2 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Will ignore the dark pip.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:33 pm

"If you are into those things." replies Monty.

The group notices a large, burly man in Galactic Republic uniform seated at a table to with a (familiar) beautiful young woman. It is a woman you all recognize from the spaceport on Lannik. Greckel's love interest. The one bringing him all of the credits to stash.
Spoiler:
The General.jpg
The General.jpg (43.38 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
The Wife 3.JPG
The Wife 3.JPG (19.51 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
What you do NOT notice (2 Threats), is any sign of security or bodyguards.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:41 am

Also sitting at the table with General Fentz and his wife Sisira Qaar is an older human male (see below). He smokes a cigarra and seems very confident and comfortable. He carries a datapad and wears some kind of informal outfit that seem to be styled in a military fashion, but lacks and sort of allegiance markings, rank, or insignia.
Spoiler:
unknown character.jpg
unknown character.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 4684 times

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:06 pm
"Posh digs, huh?" AAA says as she surveys the area
Anjali gives Alamy a sly smirk, "Makes you think about trying your luck at the gaming tables? You look like you could probably sucker some credits off of some of these bastards."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 am

BA is a little uncomfortable at the lack of obvious bodyguards, not knowing who to watch. He stays next to the others, but keeps his mouth shut.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Monty looks at Alamy, who looks at BA, who looks at Anjali, who looks back at Monty. "Never done this before. Couldn't be more difficult than that time back on Lannik!"

"Might be better to BECOME noticed rather than GET noticed!"

Monty leads the group over to the table. "General?" he says with due reverence.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm

AAA chuckles to Anjali's suggestion. "We might try our hand later... But first, should we go introduce ourselves to the big guy over there?"

She makes her way toward the general and his entourage, confident but not aggressive.
Spoiler:
Giving them a moment to react, but let me know if we need to do a group Charm at some point.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Anjali hangs at the back of the group, not too interested in making herself the focus.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 am

“Should I KNOW you?” replies the General.

His right arm goes up, bent at the elbow forming a perpendicular angle. He turns his head to the right as if to motion for something. You have the distinct impression that he is about to call for security. The woman and man sitting there show no signs of recognizing you at all.

You have a moment to act.

A BIG human steps out. The one who accompanied the lady Sisira Qaar to Lannik.
Spoiler:
Sisira's Bodyguard.JPG
Sisira's Bodyguard.JPG (12.04 KiB) Viewed 4653 times

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

AAA rolls her eyes. "Easy, Chief. You should know us, seeing as how you asked us to be here."
Spoiler:
I seem to remember this is the angle we agreed to? He asked us to come?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:41 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm
AAA rolls her eyes. "Easy, Chief. You should know us, seeing as how you asked us to be here."
“Oh! OH!!!! You’re THOSE people.” replies the bulky, rotund General Fentz. "The ones stirring up trouble for poor Captain Greckel over on Lannik, eh?"
He gives a look to the man beside him. The man in-turn give back a knowing nod of approval. "Greckel's just a man trying to do his job."

"Escaped from prison, I heard. Don't worry..." he cautions us."I always found it difficult to believe that a handful of enlisted soldiers and a few associates pulled off such a large robbery!“

“You, of course, you profess that you are innocent, yes?”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 am

AAA rolls her eyes at the general's incredulity. "With all due respect, General, you should know that we're innocent. You probably know who set us up. Assuming you aren't the one who did. We just want to clear our names with the Republic."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:18 am

"We were framed from the start and knew it. Whoever did it made it obvious, but we knew the authorities would be too lazy to care. We had no choice, but to get out of there."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 am

BA avoids directly speaking on innocence and guilt, given his slightly more complicated position. He does, however, nod in agreement with his friends.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:36 am

The rotund general looks down and reaches for a napkin near his plate of food. He wipes off his hands, first one and then the other. (Symbolically, perhaps?) He shows no reaction to Alamy's accusation either way.

“That robbery was some time ago." he says before looking up. He speaks in a deep, bellowing voice. "Witnesses were few, the evidence...sketchy... and the public wanted someone to blame. If I pulled some strings and made some arrangements, I could persuade the authorities to clear your names. That is....in exchange for a service."

“You were once called “The A-Squad”, yes? A group of skilled individuals assigned to take on special law enforcement tasks? Well, I have a task for you."

The nameless man at the table gives his approval with a nod.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:44 am

During the battle of the Dursant Sector a large contingent of Sith forces plummeted to their death from the bridge over the Kizer Rift. Among those troops were several prized Sith War Droids. I know this because “I” was in charge of defending that sector and it was “I” who ordered the bridge to be blown.

The Kizer Rift extends all the way down to the deepest undersectors. The bravest Republic soldiers won’t even consider traveling there due to the lawless streets and dangerous criminal element.

However, now that the Treaty of Coruscant has been signed, I am wondering if some of those war droids survived. The retrieval of such a droid, or its remains, would be highly prized by the Republic and they would pay me accordingly.

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a disc. It shows a holographic image of a war droid in action.

“This sith war droid is the Mark II version. It has three leg appendages and two heavy blaster cannons. Surely, it’s inactive by now. Probably salvaged for parts by junkmen by now" he wonders aloud.

"I can provide you with some remotes to aid in your search and a repulsor skiff for you to travel on. The skiff has an electromagnet and has been modified to descend to the depths of Coruscant, but just not over bottomless chasms."

"I want YOU to find a Sith War Droid for me. For this service, I can vouch for your innocence and have your records expunged. In addition, for bringing back a simple chassis, I could enrich your pockets by 4,000 credits apiece. For one with the droid brain intact? 10,000 credits apiece. And, if by some chance, you bring back a functional war droid? 20,000 credits apiece. I only need ONE droid."

"Afterwards? You can go your separate ways. Or, you can stick around Coruscant and take care of some other tasks. What say you?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 pm

AAA trades glances with her companions before replying to the general. "We've already been burned by Republic types once. Twice in my case. I'm sure you know about my parents' disappearing?" She gives the general a hard look. "What's in it for you, General? Just the credits?"
Spoiler:
I'm going to spend a DP to say that AAA is using her hidden voice recorder right now. I forgot she had it, but this sort of deal-making is the sort of thing she would want a record of.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:29 pm

"JUST the credits???" he asks incredulously. "Deary..." he says, addressing Vesper directly. "It's ALWAYS about the credits!!!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:31 pm

"....and your parents???? Who would they be?"

Return to “The Story”