IC: "Return to Coruscant"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: "Return to Coruscant"

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 pm

BA lines up his hit, to make sure it connects solidly.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; attack the fools, strain to upgrade and aiming:
0 Success, 5 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

BA; Alpha Squad; forgot boost:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

At six strain, eat up 5 of it with the advantages.

Pass the boost to another person with remaining advantages. This really sucks, I just want to hit something, lol.
Nonetheless, fate seems opposed to him and he fails to connect.
Spoiler:
Uggh, this really sucks, combat character isn't getting to hit.

Oh, btw, forgot to add 2 extra damage to each of my last two hits, I have two ranks in feral strength
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:27 pm

BA's swing goes wide, but it does catch the eye of the final thug troubling Alamy. She makes the most of the distraction and fires another stun blast.
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Ranged (Light):
4 Successes, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph,
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImage

12 stun damage before his Soak. Will use the Triumph to "do something vital," like maybe convince one of the minion groups to run away upon seeing another of their buddies felled? Or attract attention from a friendly passing bystander who can offer aid in some way? If a narrative option won't work, I'll do the boring and upgrade the next allied check. :) Will recover 1 strain for the Advantage.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:46 am

The two thugs facing BA disengaged, back away, and then (feeling they are out-matched) break into a run (to the South). Kassandra and another come to the same conclusion and choose to withdraw to the North. Being a bit further away, she turns the corner a step before the other one and exclaims, "Oh!!! Hey!!!" She stops abruptly and puts her hands up in front of her. "Whoa! We were just..."

Blam 3.jpg
Blam 3.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 4830 times

Kassandra was just about to finish her sentence when a blaster rifle shot rings out and fatally strikes her in the chest. The thug following closely behind her also stops abruptly in his tracks. A second blaster shot follows, striking him dead.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 am

Corner.JPG
Corner.JPG (48.33 KiB) Viewed 4828 times

Slowly stepping out from around the corner is a humanoid figure in Republic Armor with a blaster rifle. He pauses, tilts his head as if looking at you curiously, and removes his helmet. An awkward moment passes before someone speaks.

{{OOC: This is someone Monty and BA recognize from their days in the Republic Army and the CSF (Coruscant Security Force. Army personnel were brought back to help secure Coruscant.). Anjali only knows him from the CSF days. Alamy knows nothing of him. BA, of course, may give pursuit to the thugs or inquire of this former ally. I am sure that he is torn between the two. }}

Cornelius Gant. A tall, serious man in his early-to-mid thirties. A veteran of about 10 years in the Republic Army. Married and a father of three. A passionate defender of Coruscant and the Republic. He was not caught up in the group's trouble with the law. A just and fair man, from what you know of him. The armor he wears is absent of official Republic Army insignia and is somewhat worn.

Republic Soldier.JPG
Republic Soldier.JPG (21.51 KiB) Viewed 4828 times

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 am

Anjali's adrenaline is still rushing as the thugs break for it, she's hardly fazed by Kassandra getting a hole in the chest.

"Yeah, you better run, you PUNKS!"

Catching her breath now and relaxing a bit, she's able to focus on the shooter. "Wow. Would you look at what the wamp rat dragged in? Been a long time, Cornelius. Thanks for the assist."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:02 am

Alamy stands there, breathing heavily; It takes a few seconds for everything to sink in. Seeing Kassandra's lifeless body on the pavement, she rummages through the duplicitous woman's pockets. She glances up at Anjali as she does so. "You know this guy?"
Spoiler:
Let me know if a Perception check is in order to search Kassandra or any other bodies (stunned or otherwise).

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 pm

BA chases after the two guys, he wasn't going to let them get away that easily, he hoped.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Strain to upgrade brawl, main hand vibroknuckles, offhand brass knuckles:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

hit with the main hand, 8 damage withpierce 1.

Total of 5 strain currently.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:05 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 pm
BA chases after the two guys, he wasn't going to let them get away that easily, he hoped.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Strain to upgrade brawl, main hand vibroknuckles, offhand brass knuckles:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

hit with the main hand, 8 damage withpierce 1.

Total of 5 strain currently.
Ka-Blam 1.png
Ka-Blam 1.png (15.58 KiB) Viewed 4810 times

BA, too, is surprised to see his last opponent gunned down by two men in Republic Army armor. Two such men come around the far corner and put an end to BA's last opponent. For good measure, one puts a bolt into the opponent BA just fell.

"All clear?" one asks from behind his helmet.
"All clear." replies the other.

Looking back to the others (medium range), two more similar men joined Cornelius Gant.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:08 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 am
Anjali's adrenaline is still rushing as the thugs break for it, she's hardly fazed by Kassandra getting a hole in the chest.

"Yeah, you better run, you PUNKS!"

Catching her breath now and relaxing a bit, she's able to focus on the shooter. "Wow. Would you look at what the wamp rat dragged in? Been a long time, Cornelius. Thanks for the assist."
"That's my kind of attitude, Anjali! Long time, no see."

Cornelius raises an eyebrow at your greeting. He dips his head slightly to the side (still holding his rifle) as if looking for something on your bodies. He asks inquisitively, “Don’t tell me you joined up with street gangs?”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:14 am

BA puts his hands up and slowly moves back to the group. He's been in situations like this too many times to count, and doesn't want any more trouble than he has to.
Spoiler:
BA; TotOR; discipline to recover strain:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImage

Down to 2 strain
"Cornelius, you rascal, thanks for the save but I clearly had it all in hand," BA says upon seeing Cornelius. He looks around, shrugs, and drops his hands to his sides.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:02 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:08 am

"That's my kind of attitude, Anjali! Long time, no see."

Cornelius raises an eyebrow at your greeting. He dips his head slightly to the side (still holding his rifle) as if looking for something on your bodies. He asks inquisitively, “Don’t tell me you joined up with street gangs?”
"Eh, no. Just picked the wrong tour guide. Though that brings up the question of what you are doing down here. You look like you're geared up for some serious fighting."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:02 am
"Eh, no. Just picked the wrong tour guide. Though that brings up the question of what you are doing down here. You look like you're geared up for some serious fighting."
"We're cleaning up the old neighborhood!" he says in a serious tone. I grew up not to far from here. So did Tonk and Quivers. (He motions to two of the other soldiers)

Two soldiers walk around and mercilessly plug bolts into the unconscious bodies on the ground. Cornelius pays it no mind.

"You? Aren't you supposed to be in prison? The whole lot of you? For that bank heist? replies Monty.
SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:02 am
Alamy stands there, breathing heavily; It takes a few seconds for everything to sink in. Seeing Kassandra's lifeless body on the pavement, she rummages through the duplicitous woman's pockets. She glances up at Anjali as she does so. "You know this guy?"
"Scavenging from the dead, eh? Who's the (Alamy) Devaronian? he quips to Monty.

"An investigator. She had a tip on something big going down that involved Hell when the Sith raided Coruscant." he replies.

Alamy find's a Pocket Blaster Pistol with a filed front site (Quick Draw and +2 SB to notice). She also finds credit sticks worth 630 credits along with a multi-pass (?) for mass transit on Coruscant.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:05 pm

AAA gives the newcomer a glare as she pockets the transit pass and credits. "You call it scavenging, I call it paying expenses. Investigating ain't cheap." She kicks the pocket blaster and the bola she escaped from into a pile and moves on to the other—now lifeless—bodies to gather up their weapons and credits. "Your group deserves a cut, of course. I vote we get rid of the weapons, though. Not really interested in trying to fence anything."
Spoiler:
She'll divvy up the credits with the rest of the group once we determine if they want a cut. AAA has no intention of taking any of the weapons with us to try to sell them, but she's only one vote.
"Better than the riff-raff having them." Cornelius says begrudgingly. "But we don't do this for money. These are the streets many of us grew up on. The CSF doesn't have the manpower to keep law and order, so we took it upon ourselves to take our neighborhoods back.

“I see that symbol, I shoot on-sight! The "Black Sun" they call themselves. "Better a Black Sun than no sun at all,” they say. Well….they’re not saying anything now, are they! Just another street gang that won't amount to anything.”

"We call ourselves....The Justicars."
Spoiler:
Blacksun.png
Blacksun.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 4796 times

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:25 am

BA chuckles at "they're not saying anything now"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm

AAA finishes gathering up any weapons and belongings of the downed gang members. "So, I'm guessing I know the answer to this, but why 'kill on sight' rather than 'stun on sight and render to the authorities'?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm
AAA finishes gathering up any weapons and belongings of the downed gang members. "So, I'm guessing I know the answer to this, but why 'kill on sight' rather than 'stun on sight and render to the authorities'?"
"WHAT authorities???" he asks. "Since the Sacking of Coruscant, lawlessness had reigned...especially in the under-sectors. Coruscant Security won't send anyone to patrol much below the surface."

"We couldn't stand seeing our neighborhoods fall into ruin from lawless thugs, so we resigned our commissions an took to patrolling our old neighborhoods. The Gov't says not to take the law into our own hands, but 'SCREW THEM!'. They never come down here. They didn't grow up here. Who's going to deliver justice here? I'm afraid we're on the bad side of the Republic AND the criminal underworld."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:48 am

"Speaking of 'being on the bad side of the Republic', you didn't answer my question.
Aren't you all supposed to be in jail?"
he says to Anjali, BA, and Monty, giving a nod in Alamy's way in a non-accusatory way.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:38 am

"We were. They didn't deserve it, and I got out to help them find a way to prove it." BA doesn't really care to hide the fact that yes, he actually assaulted an officer and probably deserves to be locked up.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:24 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:48 am
"Speaking of 'being on the bad side of the Republic', you didn't answer my question.
Aren't you all supposed to be in jail?"
he says to Anjali, BA, and Monty, giving a nod in Alamy's way in a non-accusatory way.
"Well, technically, I supposed. But some bastard general set us up so he could make off with a fortune in stolen credits."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 am

"Bastard General, you say? A LOT of people took advantage of the carnage during those days to gain some credits." he says, sounding exasperated.

Well, don't worry. We don't work for the Republic law enforcement anymore."

"So what now? You said "tour guide, or something like that. Were you joking?"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:39 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 am
"Bastard General, you say? A LOT of people took advantage of the carnage during those days to gain some credits." he says, sounding exasperated.

Well, don't worry. We don't work for the Republic law enforcement anymore."

"So what now? You said "tour guide, or something like that. Were you joking?"
"Yeah, we took her offer to lead us to a cantina down here. Didn't think she'd be stupid enough to attack us. We don't exactly look like bumpkin tourists" Anjali gestures toward BA and Monty.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 am

BA gives a little flex to show off.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:28 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 am
BA gives a little flex to show off.
The former soldier says sarcastically, "Yes, I am sure that you had it well in-hand."

"And Hell? Hell Voltor?"

Monty hangs his head and then shakes it back and forth. "He didn't make it. Lost it to some criminal thugs at a spaceport."

"Sorry to hear that, Monty....BA." he pauses. "You still need to get to this cantina? What's it called? Why you going there, anyways?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:27 pm

"Cantina 571, a yeah, we're still plannin' on headin' there."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:48 pm

"As you can see, our 'tour guide' didn't quite work out. Any idea where the place is?"

Return to “The Story”