IC: "The Captain's Business"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: IC: "The Captain's Business"

Post by Flamiel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Anjali approaches Abigail, trying to put a disarming look of concern on her face, so as to not appear threatening. Damn, it's hard to sweet talk people. why is she the one doing this??

"Hi, Abigail? I apologize for putting you in a difficult situation, but we've been investigation your boss, Captain Greckel for possible corruption and wrong-doing, and it looks like he's been involved with some very shady dealings. We can keep you completely confidential as a source, but we need to know anything you can tell us about who he has been dealing with, why, and what they've been doing. There are lot of people being hurt by his actions right now."

Anjali focuses herself on the young girl, trying to reach out with her mind and see what Abigail thinks as she processes what she's been told.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 am

Abigail is uneasy. She does not getting mixed up in these things. She distrusts these strangers, but looks to Luke, whom she does trust. She decides to trust these strangers, this ONE time (1 Threat), no further meetings.

Abigail normally keeps her cool pretty well, and is not easily influenced. But, the group's efforts pay off. "Well, I really do not like get mixed up in these things, Luke. But, if you say it is okay, I can help a a little. Just don't expect me to do it again." she says as she looks around to see who might notice. "I really don't think anyone should be treated like those Nikto, even if they are from another planet."

"Mr. Greckel keeps up a normal work day, except for stepping out to the bank. I mean.....A LOT! Sometimes several trips a day."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 am
"Mr. Greckel keeps up a normal work day, except for stepping out to the bank. I mean.....A LOT! Sometimes several trips a day."
"Any idea why? I mean, he's a captain; he can't be making that much money."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:13 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 am
"Any idea why? I mean, he's a captain; he can't be making that much money."
"I have no idea! It doesn't take that long to 'go to the bank'! Maybe he goes somewhere else, too? 'Going to the bank' is what he tells me when he leaves."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 am

"Going to the bank, eh?" AAA thinks for a moment. "Have you ever seen him with a woman, elegant type?" She describes the woman they saw Greckel walk to her ship, the wife of an important Republic general.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:39 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 am
"Going to the bank, eh?" AAA thinks for a moment. "Have you ever seen him with a woman, elegant type?" She describes the woman they saw Greckel walk to her ship, the wife of an important Republic general.
"I haven't SEEN him with a such a woman, but sometimes he takes calls from someone with a female's voice. That would explain long times out of the office. And, I have run a few errands purchasing some high-end foodstuffs and articles of jewelry. It all makes sense now, I suppose."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:39 am
SavageBob wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 am
"I haven't SEEN him with a such a woman, but sometimes he takes calls from someone with a female's voice. That would explain long times out of the office. And, I have run a few errands purchasing some high-end foodstuffs and articles of jewelry. It all makes sense now, I suppose."
"Makes sense in what way? Do you think he has a high-maintenance love interest?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

"Yes. All those odd errands seem to make sense now. I've never seen him with someone, but he was purchasing some uniquely romantic items."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:16 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am
"Yes. All those odd errands seem to make sense now. I've never seen him with someone, but he was purchasing some uniquely romantic items."
"But he's a bachelor, right?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:20 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:16 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am
"But he's a bachelor, right?"
"As Far as I know. "

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am

"That might be just what we need for leverage on this guy."

AAA retrieves the holo-images the group captured while shadowing Greckel and his two companions from the cantina days before. Sure enough, several of them feature the captain and the regal-looking woman now known to be the wife of a prominent Republic General.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 am

The last thing Abigail provides is Cpt. Greckel's schedule for the next day. It includes leaving early to make a trip to the Bank of Lannik. He is off-duty the following day. From the datapad, you see an early morning time for his big pickup at the spaceport. A decision can be made to intercept and confront him either after work or at the spaceport.
Spoiler:
VIG Check (2 Succ, 3 Adv, 1 Triumph, 1 Despair)
The Succ/Adv/Tri combine to show some further notes on the datapad that have the four comlink frequencies. ("Notice key environmental factor") The Captain noted two dates on that same datapad.
* Pick up drop at spaceport.
* Make drops at IBOL
(Both dated two days away from now...day after tomorrow...)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:38 am

AAA looks to the secretary grimly. "Thanks for your help, Abigail. Lannik is about to be a safer place thanks to you. I'd reckon you'll have a new boss soon."

She turns to the others (and Luke?). "Wish we had more on Greckel. It's all just circumstantial at this point. Movement patterns. Expensive things. Insinuations." She sighs. "Time to confront him, though. His next trip to the Nikto village is just around the corner."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:38 am
AAA looks to the secretary grimly. "Thanks for your help, Abigail. Lannik is about to be a safer place thanks to you. I'd reckon you'll have a new boss soon."

She turns to the others (and Luke?). "Wish we had more on Greckel. It's all just circumstantial at this point. Movement patterns. Expensive things. Insinuations." She sighs. "Time to confront him, though. His next trip to the Nikto village is just around the corner."
"That's probably all we'll need, though, if he thinks we'll tip off that general. Especially if we discover that he and that woman are planning to assassinate him."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:06 pm

The group decides to trail Cpt. Greckel until an opportune time arrives to confront him. Confident in their collection of circumstantial evidence, they feel that he will capitulate under the right circumstances.

As the afternoon winds on, the opportune time arrives when the Captain has parked his speeder craft in a secluded portion of a multi-level parking deck. He notices nothing of our presence and is surprised when confronted.
Spoiler:
Rather than noticing his stalkers and spinning around with blaster pistol in-hand, Greckel is caught unaware that he was being trailed.

WOW!!! Five Failures on three dice while rolling four Successes!!!

NPC; A-Squad; Notice Being Followed:
1 Failure, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:24 pm

AAA's heart pounds in her chest. She places her hand on her holdout blaster and gets it ready to pull free before speaking. "Monticor Greckel! We'd like to have a word..."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Anjali moves to the side a bit and narrows her eyes, concentrating on this snake of a man standing before them.

I wonder if I can get a read on this guy....

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:31 pm

BA tries to stand nonchalantly, despite his burning urge to punch this guy right in the face.

He spends the time practicing his breathing.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:46 am

Greckel turns around startled. He's usually very good at monitoring his surroundings. He surprises himself at his own lack of awareness.

"Who are you??? I am officially off-duty. Take it up with someone else!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 am

The Captain pauses. Anjali tries to get a read on him. Alamy places her hand on her hold-out blaster in the concealed holster.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am

AAA waits until Anjali and BA are fully in Greckel's view before pressing the issue. "No sudden moves! We have some things we need to discuss. I think you'll want to hear what we have to say."
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Coercion:
2 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Despair,

Flipped our last DP.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:36 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am
AAA waits until Anjali and BA are fully in Greckel's view before pressing the issue. "No sudden moves! We have some things we need to discuss. I think you'll want to hear what we have to say."
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Coercion:
2 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Despair,
Flipped our last DP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Greckel freezes in his boots, noticing the hulking Red Nitko in the group. He becomes slightly more pale. In his hand is now a blaster pistol that wasn't there just a moment ago.
Spoiler:
2 Threats: An immediate free maneuver in response to the active character's check.
Two Successes: inflict one strain on target.
"I SEE!!!! My enemies ganging up on me all at once!!!"
Cpt Monticor Greckel.JPG
Cpt Monticor Greckel.JPG (19.34 KiB) Viewed 3760 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:49 pm

"Something WRONG Greck???" shouts the voice of a Lannik from the shadows. A sinister-looking Lannik emerges with what seems to be his "bodyguard". A Dressellian (which is a planet on the Bothun Run like Lannik, not too far away). He wears a heavy leather cloak and his right arm is hidden beneath it, likely holding a weapon of some sort.

{{Roll COOL for initiative!!!}} (in the OOC, please)

BadGuy1.JPG
BadGuy1.JPG (12.16 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Dressellian1.jpg
Dressellian1.jpg (27.01 KiB) Viewed 3760 times

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 pm

BA lunges forward, grabbing Greckel and immobilizing him.

"Come on, we don't need to resort ta this, ya idiot."
Last edited by Doctor Who on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:39 am

Greckel struggles to resist BA's embrace but finds himself firmly held put by the large Nikto. More than half of the Captain's energy is spent trying to resist. (rendered immobile: cannot take maneuvers until end of next turn).

The Dressillian seems surprised at the turn of events and turns his head slightly towards the Lannik, as if for direction. The Lannik chuckles....first as in muffled amusement, then louder, and then maniacally!

"Ha!"
"ah-HA!!"
"AH-HA-HA-HA!!!"
BadGuy1.JPG
BadGuy1.JPG (12.16 KiB) Viewed 3778 times

Return to “The Story”