Act 1 Never Tell Me the Odds

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 am

It's a dark time in the galaxy. The Sith Empire just struck a final blow against the Republic, destroying the Jedi temple and leaving Coruscant in ruins. They say there is peace now, but the Sith Empire controls much of the galaxy, and anyone who tries to cross them ends up dead or in prison. On a smaller scale, a group of fugitives were also going through troubled times. On the run from a reeling Republic, they finally gain a small reprieve from their pursuers as the Republic and Sith enter into the Cold War. It's been a year since the First Bank of Coruscant was robbed for 10 million credits. But only a few weeks since they escaped their transport to the so-called "inescapable" Belsavis prison planet. Convicted, their only crime was to stand up to a corrupt general, who then turned on his own men to keep from being arrested himself.

Now "The Boss" finds himself in a cantina on Nar Shaddaa waiting to meet his contact. Thankfully he still had contacts in the underworld from his younger days before the military career began. While he waited drinking a lum, he wondered if his friends made it safe to the Smugglers moon.

Not to far away, in a busy space port, three figures exist a transport, a scruffy looking Whiphid named Jiraiya, and two humans named Peppard and Hell Loco. There goal, to meet up with "The Boss" after he secures the safe house. The only message they had to go on was the Gundark Cantina...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
As "The Boss" is halfway through his lum, he flashes back to 13 months ago. The team he was part of, led by Commander Peppard just out of leadership school, were all just rookies. All the new recruits had to be ‘broken in’ with an assignment on Coruscant, not as soldiers but as police. With the galactic war raging all across the galaxy, anyone with any merit had to be on the battlefield. That was soon going to change with both sides meeting on Alderaan to broker a peace treaty. For now, though, all the new soldiers were trained in the underbelly of Coruscant. Teams would investigate domestic squabbles, follow up on any reported violence and investigate reports coming from different confidential informants.

Trip
Flyboy

Re: Act 1 Never Tell Me the Odds

Post by Trip » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 am

"The Boss" remembers that night on Coruscant, although it never really is night in a planet city. The lights never dim and the city never stops. The team was traveling to the duros sector to meet a CI name Tyrn Jiton, a devaronian who supposedly had some information about a heist that was going down soon somewhere on Coruscant. As they parked their speeder, "The Boss" noticed two blocks away that a hovercab dropped off a devaronian with a broken horn. He matched the description of Jition.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Tyrn Jiton

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

...approaching the CI

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:19 am

"That looks like our guy!" says Commander Peppard to Boss and Jiraiya. "Be wary. These C.I.'s are quite dishonest and sometimes feed to information far too good to be true."
Spoiler:
Will try a Leadership/Command check to inspire a Boost die to Discipline checks for the next 24hrs. Discipline used to sort through lies and avoid being misled.
Peppard; AS; Leadership Check:
1 Failure, 3 Advantages
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImage
...not that it mattered....
Approaching our target, Montgomery will speak up. "Tyrn Jiton! I thought you were supposed to be in the Duros Sector! It's a surprise meeting you here. I understand you have something for us?" He'll pause to ascertain whether this is, indeed, the correct being.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 am

Tyrn looks around nervously. He waits until they are in ear shot and quietly says, "Keep your voice down! You want us all to get killed? Where is the normal guy," referring to another handler, "you know, the Zabrak that they call "Fixer"? I only deal with him. I don't know you."

Little does he know that "Fixer", another soldier\policeman you knew on a different team, was killed in a shoot out in one of the lower levels last week.
Spoiler:
Any social checks, add two setback dice since your team is not known to the CI.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:01 pm

The boss follows peppards lead. After approaching the man it was obvious.
well tyrn,nice too see you. You know what we need, now lets get it.

He made sure to whisper after his outburst
Spoiler:
I'd like to charm him I'll roll after I get The difficulty
: 1eP+2eA+2eS 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nah, I'll add difficulty later once I get it
: 3eD 3 failures
ImageImageImage
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Tyrn give his best fake laugh. "What do I look like, someone that just fell off of the kibla greens transport?" He looks around warily and then continues, "If I am going to deal with you and not Fixer, then it's gonna cost extra." He lowers his voice even more, "5000 credits..." His eyes dart between the three soldiers as he is looking for any indication of weakness.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Good Cop / Bad Cop

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Monty takes the tabac cigar out from his mouth and his disposition becomes noticeably more serious. He glares over to Bossman, who tried to do things nicely, and leans in closer to Tyrn. "Listen Tyrn, enough Mr. Nice-Guy. We tried doing things the easy way, but if you're going to be uncooperative then we just might have to pull up that rap-sheet of yours and let the magistrate know who distributed those counterfeit credit sticks a few months back. I'm sure the banking clans will be all-too-interested in that information!"

He pauses to let that sink in. "You'll be flushed quicker than a turd down the sewers of lower Coruscant."
Spoiler:
Peppard; AS; Coercion Check on Tyrn. Upgrade from "Good Cop". Assisted by Jiraiya.:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Had a 50% chance on that roll. The bad luck continues!!!

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Tyrn Jiton suddenly looked visibly relieved. So they know about the counterfeiting, but the haven't mentioned the warrant for kidnapping and theft from the botched bounty I tried to turn in. How was I supposed to know that was the senator's daughter? Maybe I am in the clear for that after all.

Suddenly, with as much courage as he can muster, held his ground. "Listen here, if you want to know who is planning the biggest heist Coruscant has ever seen, you will pay me the $5000 credits. No credits, no information" , he says matter of fact.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 am

"On a lawman's salary!!! You MUST be joking!"
Looking at his comrades, "What do you say fellas, take 'em in?"

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:09 am

"Whoa! Wait a minute, Fixer has always taken care of me. How come you can't? Isn't there something you can do? I am telling you it will be worth every credit, this information I have," Jiton pleads.

Milktoast
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Milktoast » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 am

how about you tell us and we can see if we can get a hold of some credits...
Spoiler:
jiraiya; Alpha Squad; negotiation:
0 Success, 3 Advantages ]

ImageImageImage

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:27 am

"How much can you get me?" Jiton asks.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:57 am

The boss knew underworld tactics, these guys were getting no where.
listen, I'll get back to you. I'll borrow the 5000 credits and then I'll pay you back. Whatda you think. Deal?

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:09 pm

"Deal, but you better be good for it!" He pauses for a second, the proceeds. "You know the Zaxaon Tower? The home of the First Bank of Coruscant? It's about to become the biggest story on the holonet. You see, rumor has it that the Black Suns are gonna hit it in two days. They have someone on the inside, see. He knows that the Republic is getting ready to move money from it's money stores here on Coruscant, to off planet to a undisclosed location. First Bank is handling the move. It is scheduled to be moved in three days. 10 Million Credits." He pauses and looks at the soldiers to see if they grasp the importance of what he is telling them. "Don't you get it? The biggest heist this world has ever seen. And the kicker? It run is by one of their own! And that 5000 credits are gonna get you a name. It's General...."

Just as he says the word "General" a blaster bolt whizzes past the soldiers' heads and strikes Jiton right between the eyes. He falls to the ground, dead instantly.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Wrong Turn...

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Monty dives for cover and quick draws his pistol.

"Wrong Turn, Tyrn! I guess he should have taken out first offer!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Helios hearing the blaster fire revs up the engine flying onto the street past several pedestrians ducking for cover, either from the shoot or from his driving, and parks the speeder between the shooter and his team.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:47 pm

The noise from the blaster fire made the somewhat busy street a empty one as everyone runs away. There immediate danger seems to be over since there was only one shot delivered to the forehead of the CI and no more following that one. Anyone can clearly see that the wound was made from a blaster bolt.

Milktoast

Post by Milktoast » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:10 pm

What do you say we all get out of here, Monty says Jiraiya

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:15 pm

"I'm with Jairaiya, let's chase them down. Did you see where they went? I saw a flash of light up there, but it looked like it was reflected." Helios says while pointing at the location of the reflection.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Trip wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:47 pm
...there was only one shot delivered to the forehead of the CI and no more following that one. Odd, there seems to be no blood coming from the body. It just lays in a crumpled heap.
Monty will check the body, inspect the wound. While the body is motionless, it may still yet be revived or is simply unconscious.
"Who's comlink was that?" (Obviously not mine since all I own is a gun and a knife.) "How the hell did dispatch know a blaster was fired??? It's been SIX whole seconds!!!"

"Ask them WHO reported a blast fired!"

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 pm

The boss notices that the broken horns a fake
what's this. Maybe a secret compartment

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:20 am

He reaches down and gives the fake horn a gentle twist. It comes off in his hand. Inside is a small compartment that contains a 100 Credit Sabbac Chip with the words "The Falling Star Saloon" written on it.
The boss, from his more unscrupulous days, recognizes that that is a Cantina located in Sector 1459.

Milktoast

Post by Milktoast » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:50 am

Jiraiya scans the surroundings to notice anything out of the ordinary
Spoiler:
jiraiya; Alpha Squad; credits:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage

ImageImage

Milktoast