Framed and Fortune.

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Framed and Fortune.

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

"Wow," AAA says with a grin. "This place is more hopping than I expected! Seems Luke has better tastes than the captain." The Devaronian moves toward the bouncer and waits to be let in.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 am

The bouncer looks at the group for a moment. "I think I know who sent you, but to be sure what is their name? When the group responds. they are allows to pass into a hopping night club. Music blasts through the air as flashing lights light up the air in a fantastical glow of rapidly moving colors. Luke sees you enter and waves you onto the dance floor.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Anjali eyes this place and hopes she can blow off steam without being harassed. At least this place looks more reputable than that last scumhole they visited.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:57 am

AAA scans the place quickly, trying to get a feel for what kind of place it is.
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Perception:
4 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

Once the group bypasses the guard by providing Lukes name they take a good look around. Almost every species is represented in the bar. Every species that is except humans. No single species dominates the night club nor does a single sexuality. The hoards dance together to flashing lights making it hard to judge who is with whom. A cantina sits along the side a few tables are scatted on what appears to be an upstairs balcony. The down stairs is nothing but dancing and bar. Luke continues to wave you on the dance floor and away from the entrance.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 am

Monty passes through. following Luke.

What a wretched hive of debauchery! he thinks to himself.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:55 am

BA follows the group over to Luke. This is it, he's mentally prepared to be hit on, he hopes. Romance was never his thing.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 am

Anjali finds this surprisingly enjoyable. Nothing at all like that sleaze bar they visited. It's still not quite clean here, but the dancing masses ooze freedom. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all. Suppressing a bit of a laugh, Anjali does allow a bit of a smile on her face.

"Hey everyone, there's Luke over there. Maybe we can actually try to relax a bit for once!", she calls back to the others and joins Luke out there. She attempts to pull BA along with her. "Don't worry big guy, I'll try not to leave you alone with him." She gives BA a bit of a wink and chuckles.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 am

Alamy orders a round of shots for the group—Merenzane Bronze. After some dancing, she and the others find a booth in the cantina section of the club. Once the elation of the alcohol and the music and the camaraderie reach a steady pace, she leans over to the Human. "Luke, you're a good guy. There's something we need to talk about..."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 pm

"He's not into me is he?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm

BA, having previously ordered a non-alcoholic beverage that he is now nursing, nearly snorts drink through his nose, but waits for Alamy finish what she was saying before he responds.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:27 pm

"Maybe Anjali can explain it better than I can..."
Spoiler:
@Flamiel makes the roll?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:57 pm

Anjali gets the nod from AAA, and takes a deep breath.

"Hey, Luke, so, we didn't really want to have to break it to you this way, but we're actually NOT with some clearinghouse award company. We're actually working under cover, investigating that officer we were asking about back in the spaceport. He's into some shady corrupt stuff, and we think he's even planning something nasty with that woman. We're trying to find out what, and hoping to keep him from hurting anyone. You seem like a really nice guy, though, and we don't want to see you get caught in the middle of it. We had to lie to you earlier because we didn't know you or if we could trust."
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Charm on Luke:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Anjali is not sure if that spiel really worked, but she can tell Luke is chewing on it. She focuses her mind on him and reaches out through the Force, to see if she can get a peek into how he's taking it and feeling. The din of the crowd around them, though, is frustratingly distracting, causing her to tap into the Dark side of the Force to help maintain concentration.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:53 am

Look looks back in shock. He goes silent and his head drops as he stares at the table.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:26 am

Damnit., Anjali thinks to herself, We need this guy on our side.

"Look, Luke. I can imagine how you feel. Hurt. Angry. Confused. Just know we didn't have to come here tonight, but we think you're a good person and we respect you for that. And this actually IS a fun. If you want us to go now, we'll understand. But we'd be happy to hang around for a while, too." Anjali looks around at the others with a "right, guys?" look on her face.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 am

"Hey! Look on the bright side, Luke. At least you got some free drinks out of it!" quips Monty.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Alamy puts a hand on Luke's back. "Yeah, it's tough -- it's hard to know who the good guys are, so we had to lie at first." She leans in. "But you are one of the good ones. We know that now. And you have the chance to really make a difference for Barky and people like him. To stop this captain in his tracks!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

"What, exactly, can I do?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:49 am

BA gives a grin to Luke, in response to Anjali's glance around the table. While he may not be into the guy, he was a good person who seemed to generally want to help.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm
"What, exactly, can I do?"
"You can keep an eye and ear out for us. Let us know about any strange happenings or sightings of VIP's who come through." responds Monty.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 pm

"Exactly. We could use a good guy like you at the spaceport." Alamy says with a stern look. "Other than that, do you know anyone else like yourself—good person caught in a corrupt system—who might work more closely with the captain?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 pm

"I went to school with his secretary. He is a nice girl from a poor family. I can't believe she would be complicit in his illegitimate activities, but she may know something. Her name is Abagail. I'll keep an eye out at the spaceport, are your com frequencies legit or were those fake too?" He slides you a piece of paper with her address listed on it as he asks about the comm frequencies.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:25 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 pm
"I went to school with his secretary. He is a nice girl from a poor family. I can't believe she would be complicit in his illegitimate activities, but she may know something. Her name is Abagail. I'll keep an eye out at the spaceport, are your com frequencies legit or were those fake too?" He slides you a piece of paper with her address listed on it as he asks about the comm frequencies.
"Thanks, Luke. That's all we can ask you to do. We're trying to make this galaxy a little better for people like B.A. here. Er, he's the one we called Barky. The comm frequencies are legit. Give us the coordinates for this Abagail and we'll be in touch!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Luke leaves the coordinates with the group and gets up from the table. At first he seems like he is heading towards the dance floor but then he heads out of the club.

Return to “The Story”