Framed and Fortune.

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Framed and Fortune.

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 am

BA looks briefly confused.

"Uh, thanks for your help. "

He pulls the datapad out and queues up the images.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 am
"No Problem, um Barkey, anything for a big strong hansom man such as yourself. Where are the holos?" The kid responds with a smile outreaching his hand towards BA.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 pm

BA hands him the Datapad with the images pulled up.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:33 pm

"Your giving the prize to him? If you have any say in this have them choose again. I only know a little about the other two, but I suppose they could be ok to give the prize to. " He says pointing to the figure that stayed behind on the planet.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:29 am

swrider wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:33 pm
"Your giving the prize to him? If you have any say in this have them choose again. I only know a little about the other two, but I suppose they could be ok to give the prize to. " He says pointing to the figure that stayed behind on the planet.
AAA furrows her brow and make sure she sees who the officer is pointing to. "Oh? Why do you think he's not a good candidate to win? We'll keep everything you say confidential of course. But this is exactly the kind of feedback Holographer's Clearinghouse needs to make sure we select deserving winners. As members of the selection committee, we'd be grateful for anything you could tell us."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:33 pm

"He's the local captain of the republic guard. Under his control they are little better than the gangs. Charging protection money, robbing or beating people in the streets, and don't even get me started on what he has been doing to your race Barky. The other two are from the core, she is married to some big shot general. My guess is he is probably just as corrupt as the captain."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:08 pm

"WHICH General? Do you recall?" After that, Monty gives a look as if we've gotten all we can from this guy.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 pm

"I don't recall, but his wife has his last name it should be listed on the docking berth at my station. Would you like to mosey on over there and take a look with me big guy. ;) "

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 am

Anjali finishes up her computer queries and notices the group starting to move her way. She puts on a casual smile and starts pulling up generic maps of the local station and surrounding area.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 am

BA looks a little confused, but glances at the others. "Uh, sure, I'll come with you."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Luke leads the group back to his station and quickly looks up the ships landing permit. The ship itself is registered to the Republic, but through a little finagling he is able to identify the individual who paid the docking feel. He looks up and tells you that the generals last name matches that of the republic general that set you up.

"I really hope that helps. The girls were mentioning doing a little party. How would you like to meet at the Risky Reptilian a little later, say six."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 am

BA's confused expression stays on his face.

"Is this guy hittin' on me," he thinks, trying to figure out his next step.

"Yeah... I can meet you there, as long as I don't get held up workin'."

BA gives a smile, although it's equal parts embarrassment and sincere.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Anjali tries to stifle a giggle, as she observes BA's discomfiture.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:49 pm

"Six sounds good, Luke," AAA says as she fishes her comlink from her satchel. "Let's exchange coordinates so we can communicate around then." As she waits for Luke, she adds, almost as an aside, "So why aren't you afraid of this Captain Greckel? As a spaceport officer, aren't you under his jurisdiction—or authority, or whatever?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Luke takes the information down exchanging his."The spaceport is controlled by the imperial navy. They contract security out to the company I work for since it is too small for them to want to deal with personally. The Captain is over the police and local garrison forces. Besides you aren't going to tell him what I said, are you?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:20 pm

"Don't worry, we ain't gonna tell anyone," BA responds. He's almost figured what is happening, but still hasn't quite grasped what precisely led to this deception.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 am

AAA places a reassuring arm on Luke's shoulder. "Don't you worry. I can personally guarantee your anonymity. If what you say is true, we need to start looking for a new sweepstakes winner. This captain sure isn't Holographer's Clearinghouse material!" She gives the others a look, as if to ask, We done here?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 pm

BA nods.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:18 am

Now over her giggle fit, with "game face" back on, Anjali also returns Alamy's look.

"Well, sithspit. Seems like this guy is a pretty bad person. I guess we'll have to restart the process. Though now my curiosity is raised about these dastardly officers! Who would have thought such types would have that kind of power in the Republic, right??"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:33 pm

"Its a big galaxy. Perhaps the republic officers are better where you are from."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:45 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:33 pm
"Its a big galaxy. Perhaps the republic officers are better where you are from."
AAA smiles at their new friend. "Thanks, Luke. Again, your information will be kept strictly confidential. Drinks on us tonight. See you at six!"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Before the group heads off, AAA thinks of something. "One last question, Luke... Are there any good guys in the Republic forces here? Someone who might know a bit more about our captain and why he's not a worthy winner? We need to set up some more interviews."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:35 pm

"Most of the rank and file are good people, just trying to do their part. Most of us just keep our distance though trying to draw a target on ourselves."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 am

The hours pass by as the team does light reconnaissance. Mostly mapping out he key locations. The space port, police headquarters, and captains house. As the hour appears for them to meet with their new contact they decide to head towards the bar. The bar is tucked back in off the main streets. A location suited to a low key joint, but the Cantina was anything but. Bright neon lights mark the entrance. Blacked out windows a security guard at the door allow little view of what is occurring inside.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:29 am

BA approaches with the group, although he waits for one of the others to do the talking. He wasn't really a tactful person, and he was preparing himself for possibly more advances from Luke, something he still doesn't really know how to respond to.

Return to “The Story”