Framed and Fortune.

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Framed and Fortune.

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:31 pm

The sun rises early in the precinct on the following day. The captain arrives early in a much better mood that usual and takes up residence in his office. Closing his blinds and leaving instructions not to be disturbed.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Framed and Fortune.

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:56 am

We'll gather up with Boss & Hell. Comlink A&A. Get started on the day.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:46 pm

AAA steps into the station still rubbing her eyes. "Hate to admit it, but that sleep was just what I needed. Had to nurse a drink till my chum passed out on the floor of her flat, but it was worth it. What's new here?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 am

Hell arrives at the station and finds the group. "I was looking at the calendar. It appears we lost a day when we were unconscious. Looks like today is the day of the robbery. So whats the plan."

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:36 am

This had better be good. Boss wasn't happy that day.
I know this sounds bad, bit how about we break in to catch the other peeps when they break in. I can distract people okay
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:22 am

"I (Monty) say there's not much time to lose! We should go soon. Is everyone here?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:11 am

"Where's Anjali? She ever find anything useful on that datapad?"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:51 am

Still a little sleepy, Anjali enters the room from the back, clothes and hair a bit disheveled. "Yes, yes, I'm here. Was too tired to deal with it last night. Let me see what this thing has."

Anjali examines it for a moment. "Oh yeah, I remember now that this thing had some severe security on it. Could even be dangerous. Heh, but I'm up for that kind of challenge. That's what I've got this stuff for... Anjali pulls out her slicer gear and dataspike, plugs in, and goes to work.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:07 am

"Almost there...," Anjali murmurs under her breath. Her brow furrowed in concentration, she typed furiously on the keypad, fighting the encryption algorithms as they mutated and morphed to thwart her cracking attempts. "Almost there..." Man, she should have drank some cafe before trying this...

There it is! She's in!! Or...is she? Somethings not quite right, it wasn't a clean entry...she's accessed some peripheral information, but not the core of it. But the encryption seems to be slowly...decaying.

"Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news. Bad news, this son of a bitch has more layers than even my equipment can break. The station has more advanced equipment that can definitely crack it, but it will take several hours." Anjali continues: "Good news, they only put the main payload behind that mega encryption, there's other stuff I was able to glean."

"First, this thing was going to unlock on its own at some time in the future; in fact, it was going to be several hours after that robbery is going to occur."

"Second, these guys were a little sloppy with their geo-location tracking. They spent a significant amount of time traveling to 3 locations from that facility we smoked them out of earlier. The pattern of their back and forth trips indicate they're probably stockpiling gear and/or weapons. I think it's likely that one or more of these locations will be used as a staging area for their robbery."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

caches...

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 am

"I think one of those locations is our best choice. I'm not sure we can trust anyone here.
They didn't want us investigating further to begin with! I think we have enough time to look into them. Worst case, we find some resources at those locations to help us thwart the robbery! Best case? We find them there before they can rob the bank!"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 am

What about this datapad? Should we leave it with the station and see what else they can pull? There's not much more I can do with it."

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I don't trust them. We should keep the data pad. Remember a general is behind this.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm

"Agreed. Maybe we start at the spot that's farthest from the bank and work our way toward it?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:36 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm
"Agreed. Maybe we start at the spot that's farthest from the bank and work our way toward it?"
"As good as any idea. And we should keep the pad. It's supposed to open up or display something (unlock) on a timer. I want to see it when it does. "

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:38 pm

The group loads into a standard issued police speeder truck and make their way to the the first location. A small warehouse well away from the bank. The entrance is located along a side alley and the single overhead light flickers on and off rhythmically.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Alamy saddles up to the door. "The Nuns of Devaron taught me a few tricks. Let me see if I can't tell what's on the other side of that door." She focuses intently, head tilted forward and eyes fixed on the portal.
Spoiler:
AAA; Alpha Squad; Far Sight power check:
, 2 Light Side

Huzzah! AAA can see through the door, out to Medium range, for 1 pip, and she can ignore any darkness penalties for the second pip.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:47 pm

The door leads to a small dilapidated warehouse. A small table sits in the center of the room with a bunch of materials strewn about. Several duffel bags lay on the floor near the table.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 pm

"Looks deserted... At least as far out as I can see. Just a table with some junk around it. Some duffels on the floor." She drops the far sight and looks back to the others. "Don't look at me like that!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 am

"Interesting!"

"Looks like a crime scene to me. We should "investigate!" Who want to so the honors?"
says Monty, looking at the door.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:04 pm

"Is it even locked?" AAA tries to open the door normally.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 pm

The door swings open. The warehouse remains quite except for the echoing sound of the door squeaking as it opens.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Anjali follows."Hey, can we be on the lookout for booby traps this time? I'd rather not wake up in a cell again."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello unholsters his weapon and stands next to the door. "I'll keep a look out here while you explore.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 pm

AAA enters the warehouse, keeping an eye out for any booby traps. She goes to the nearest duffel and carefully opens it to look inside.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

Anjali sticks with Alamy, and scans carefully around in the inside of the warehouse.

Return to “The Story”