IC: To Dxun

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

IC: To Dxun

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:49 am

The A-Squad drops off the captives on the other side of Coruscant for a new start in life. The group finds great irony that they are using their captor's credit sticks to do so! Repeated efforts to contact Alamy have failed, much to the distress of the group. She has not been seen since splitting up outside Club 571.

The group decides to investigate Hofton Towers, a recent location the enemy shuttle had traveled to. It is a business complex in a respectable, and relatively undamaged, section of the upper levels of Coruscant. The captives we encountered were in the "employ" of a company called, Sigma Personnel. Almost nothing comes up in a search for that company other than an office location at Hofton Towers.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: Hofton Towers

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:28 pm

"No word from Alamy." Monty says despondently. "No contact, no sign that she's okay. No leads. That is, unless THIS path leads us to someone who knows something about what went down."

"Sigma Personnel, an office at Hofton Towers. That's where this shuttle went. That's our lead! Monty throws down several pairs of one-piece work overalls, a head covering, and a suitcase. The suitcase opens into a collection of wigs, prosthetic features, chromatic iris alternators, skinweave finger covers, and an assortment of paints and makeup colors. "Anjali? BA? Meet..... 'The Alter-ego Street Makeup Kit!! Our way into Hofton Towers!! I love it when a plan comes together!!"
Spoiler:
WIKI ENTRY:
As "Hannibal" Smith, Peppard played the leader of the A-Team, distinguished by his cigar smoking, confident smirk, black leather gloves, disguises, and distinctive catch phrase, "I love it when a plan comes together." Peppard was attracted to the role partly because Smith was a master of disguise enabling Peppard to play a variety of characters.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:38 pm

"Anjali? Going have to do something about those eyes!! Those magnificent, radiant blue eyes are a dead giveaway! The hair, too!! A wig ought to do for that. Choose your color!"

"BA? These work overalls for you an I may do the trick. We'll be the "movers". I have an empty cargo crate we can carry. They'd expect a big guy such as yourself to do the heavy lifting. Niktos aren't uncommon here on Coruscant."

"Anjali, you're the tech person. We're installing this computer port in an office. 6th floor."

"Light weapons, everyone, if we dare. Won't be hard to hide under the overalls, but maybe in a tool box. Security there is pretty pedestrian. Casual observation. Typical corporate stuff. All types of lesser companies doing business there."

"Anything else you can think of? BA? Anjali?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:24 pm

BA throws the lightsaber into the tool chest, burying it under several other tools."One of you should probably hide this in here, I ain't exactly the best at that whole thing. Probably best for me to not bring much else. "
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:49 am

Cor HT.jpg
Cor HT.jpg (67.96 KiB) Viewed 3473 times

Hofton Towers is a relatively small building in a busy part of Coruscant. Although, "busy" is a rather redundant description to apply to anything on Coruscant. From what we've discerned and researched, it is a tower of many, many small business offices. If a company wanted a small, permanent address, then it is in such a building.

Our group is entering the building as a tech team, here to install a new component in the office of Sigma Personnel (the personnel company that bused our captives around and gained them employment in establishments like Cantina 571).

The building appears loosely guarded, only two sets of guards around the doors. The guards are in the business of making things run smoothly. As we can see with casual observation, the guards allow people to pass through freely after asking them their business.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:10 am

BA and Monty walk in wearing the common man's work overalls while Anjali is disguised as the technician and Caspo as her assistant. A lightsaber and some small weapons are carefully hidden away.

"State your destination and purpose." the guard says in a routinely standard way.

"New components for installation, sixth floor." one of us replies.

The guard stares for a long second and waves us along, "Move along, move along."
Spoiler:
Guard's casual observation roll
NPC's; A-Squad; Perception Roll:
2 Failures, 3 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

3 Threats: a little extra help
"Sixth floor? Oh, yeah, I heard about that. Bear to the left around the backside of the lifts to the freight elevators."

"That was easy," whispers Monty under his breath as they enter the building.

After entry, we see a modern design of the interior with tall, elegant windows allowing natural light to flood the lobby from the outside. The inside has many remotes flying around, delivering messages, running droid errands.... lots of activity, but not too many people.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:45 am

The freight elevator lets out onto the backside of the sixth floor, certainly a discrete entry with much less activity. A holo panel displays a rotation of room numbers and titles.

"Sigma Personnel, Office 611"

The backside hallway opens out into the main hallway. Bvvvt, bvvt, bvvt-bvvt" squeaks a little box of a mouse droid as it swerves to miss us and continues onward. Finally, there is Office 611, Sigma Personnel, in nondescript galactic lettering. No window, just a metal panel and an entry pad. It is locked. (AVG difficulty with whatever check it may be).

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Anjali, resolute in her team's approach and purpose, reaches out with the Force to extend their situational awareness. She does not want any surprises here...unless SHE's the one creating them.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:01 am

Anjali senses no living being beyond this portal, in the room beyond it, out to medium range. Seeing through the door, the office is in a disheveled state. Someone ransacked the place, knocked over furniture, emptied the contents of items onto the floor, and left electronic cable hanging out loosely from places.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:58 am

Anjali looks over at Monty. "Someone's already been here; the place is wrecked. Still want to go in? I should be able to slice this."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 am

Monty gives a look both ways and then gives a quick nod in the affirmative.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm

Anjali proceeds to slice the computer lock to get into the room.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm
Anjali proceeds to slice the computer lock to get into the room.
The unlocking comes easy (5 Succ), but with a bit of an audible "click" (1 Threat). It doesn't look like the sound was noticed by anyone. The entry room is in disarray. The first thing is a dark, metallic desk facing the main entryway. The chair behind it is pushed back and away form the desk. A hologram monitor is popped up from the top of the desk. Naturally, it has light-up touch controls as most desks, but they are not currently powered/active. Disconnected cables protrude from underneath.

A light-weight, black fabric couch with a thin, chrome frame is knocked on its side. A large black chest cabinet with short, stout legs sits against the far wall behind the desk. Two side offices on each side, slightly behind the main room. In the back, side-rooms, two item-storage bins are protruding from each respective wall in the left-most rooms. (i.e. file cabinet drawers built into the wall) A desk and chair with a small table are in each room. The walls are 'spartan' when it comes to décor or color. The two back rooms on the right side have the chairs pushed under the desks and seem undisturbed, their wall storage compartments closed.

All across all areas, there is debris scattered about: various papers, plastics items, miscellaneous broken items, discarded food and drink containers, and many random things.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Players must decide where they search and how they do it. Describe it in the IC in addition to any actions you take. Make an appropriate Skill roll for whatever you do. I (the GM) will roll the difficulties in secret and tell you the results.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 am

"Doesn't look like a lot on this side (the right side), but I will check it out." There is significantly less litter lying about this way, so perhaps this side wasn't used as much? The wary veteran mercenary still carries his weapon before him in two hands. His initial walkabout reveals two empty rooms. "All clear, here!" he says in a slightly elevated voice. Before he leaves, he decides to be thorough. He opens EVERY drawer, every wall storage unit, kick over any bit of trash, and look under the chair and desks for any clues. Looks like those two rooms are thoroughly cleaned out.
Spoiler:
'Hmmm.....a discarded blanket??? Of all things! Food wrappers, too. Someone was staying here??' he thinks to himself.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:04 am

"Strange," Anjali murmurs. "I'm not sure if someone evacuated in a hurry or if someone beat us here to search the place. I wonder why those back rooms aren't disturbed." Anjali closes the door behind them and tells Caspo to stand by it and that if anyone enters he should talk to them VERY loudly and ask them questions about why they are here and if they need assistance.

Anjali keeps an eye out for traps or surveillance devices, but heads to the main desk by the entry to inspect it. If she thinks it's wise, she'll look to restore power to the console and see if anything is there, and also look in and under the desk for any hidden notes like passwords on stickies.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm

The desk is equipped with a skeleton system for people to plug-and-play their computer beneath the desk. The desk has a small holoprojector, a screen, and desktop touch controls.

The slot for computer interface is empty. There is a chance that there may be some residual information from the last computer that was plugged in there. Auxiliary power powers the desk when one sits down and touches the surface. Up pops a blue screen (of death!!!), "No interface detected", it says.
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Anjali can make an AVG Computers roll to check for any residual information.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Anjali checks the console for residual information...

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm

BA heads to the left most rooms, first searching the one furthest back, to look and the filing cabinets, then moving on to the things on the floor, then on to the other room on the left.

He digs through the filing cabinets, looking for anything that might have been missed, folded up, stuck inside, etc.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; perception:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImage
From there, BA moves on to the floor, trying to see if there's anything in the corners of the room or around the edges that may have been dropped and escaped scrutiny.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; perception:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImage
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:59 pm
Anjali checks the console for residual information...
There IS a residual file in the temporary memory file. It shows the last thing done on the screen. First is lettering indicating commands recently taken, and then it blanks out to a black, whole-screen with a symbol.

File Export Commencing....

File Export Complete.

VY9.jpg
VY9.jpg (3.2 KiB) Viewed 3406 times

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:46 am

"Damn, not much here," Anjali mutters. "You guys finding anything?" Anjali will move to searching the black chest cabinet.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

BA searches the left-most rooms looking for any signs or clues about the Sigma Personnel that resides in this office. In one room he finds the discarded notes of what appears to be a schedule. It is a schedule of pickup times and locations scribbled on Sigma Personnel letterhead. Among the pickups is the number "571" and the time which we were there (when Alamy went missing and we pursued the van with the tracker). Other shorthand scribbles appear to be Embassy, Regal, and Antura. Common knowledge is that those seem to be social or military locations (cantinas, hotels, etc...) within diplomatic sectors of Coruscant.

In another room, BA finds a discarded shorthand schedule of other drop-off times, but this time, just three locations: VTE, Hofton, Reston. Hofton Towers is your current location. Reston is the building name under construction that we flew into and entered, facing Dr. Christophsis. VTE appears to be VibraTech Enterprises, the same location the shuttle at the hangar had in its flight history. (The shuttle had Hofton Tower, VTE, and Dxun.) The symbol on the screen with three orange slashes is also for VibraTech Ent.
Spoiler:
I think I had something more elaborate in mind for rolling these difficulties for search checks, but ended up just making them AVG.

BA Nets: 2 Successes/1Thr, and 1 Success, respectively. Successes in both cases!

GM; A-Squad; difficulties:
0 Success, 2 Threats

ImageImage

GM; A-Squad; difficulties:
0 Success, 2 Threats

ImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am

BA brings what he has found out to the group.

"VibraTech seems ta be all over this stuff, wonder if we should try to check out their building."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:05 am

"Yeah, what little I could find points that way, too."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 am

"VibraTech......spies.....that Sith renegade.... I don't like it. I don't like it at all! I mean, the war is over. The Treaty of Coruscant ended it all. I know that not everyone liked the treaty, but what's done is done. I imagine some renegade Sith and Jedi have taken upon themselves to spy on the other side concerning the treaty. It's not like we can be sure that all the Sith left Coruscant after the occupation. The Sith like this kind of slavery. VibraTech. It's not a Sith Corporation as far as I know. If it IS, then it shouldn't be able to get away with that stuff here. Looks like this Sigma Personnel is just a shell company."

"I don't know that we have enough to go to the authorities or even enough to accuse the Sith of wrongdoing. Okay, maybe a tenuous link to slavery. Maybe Cornelius will get some info from that devotee we caught in the hangar. In the meantime, we should look into things."

Monty asks for ideas. We can fly the Vandura (G9 Rigger) there directly, go in undercover (maybe Anjali a spy we're bringing back), fly that captured shuttle there, .....

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm

"Infiltrating this VibraTech corporation is probably what we need to do next, but we shouldn't hang out here. If there's nothing of use, let's get out of here before we have to deal with questions."
Spoiler:
We did canvas the entire room, right? If not, let's do that before leaving.

Return to “The Story”