Act 1 Never Tell Me the Odds

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Act 1 Never Tell Me the Odds

Post by SavageBob » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Alamy's skin flushes a deeper shade of red. "Well, if you ever want to have kids, then listen up." She reaches into her jacket and pulls out a datapad. "Look. You're being set up. I've been digging into this general of yours, and, well, he's pretty corrupt. And this Sixxkiller guy? The Nikto? They're in cahoots. There's some Republic captain involved, too."

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:02 pm

The boss remembers something

The guy we got our info said it was general something, he didn't finish. The thugs I sort of killed in self defense said that they didn't want to upset a general. Our general....
I don't know.
I wouldn't be surprised
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm

"So how do you know who I am? We've met before?" Hell asks.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm

"Nope. But you can call me Triple-A." She taps the datapad and says, "I'd never heard of you, either, but your name's right here in this datadoc. Got it right from the ronto's mouth, a source in the Scout Corps." She hands Hell the datapad. "Go ahead and have a look. I've got backups."

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Hell takes the pad from Triple-A. He begins reading it. When he finished, he passes it to Prepard, "That no good son of a nerf! The General is as corrupt as they come. We cannot let him get away with robbing the bank! What should we do commander?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:00 pm

"What's this? Why, that's crazy talk! Any nerf-herder can put anything into a datapad these days."

"What's your angle? Why are we the beneficiaries of such information? Why not take this to another thority who has the power to do something about it?"

" and, by the way, you are parked illegally."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:02 pm

"Look, you haven't got much time!" AAA sighs loudly, rolls her eyes, and takes back the datapad. "Fine. It is a bit weird. But, here, this should explain things." She swipes through to another datadoc and begins reading aloud. "'Notice is hereby given that the University of Montellian Serat…' etc. etc. 'Institutional Review Board…' blah blah blah '…permission granted for senior thesis research on the topic of corruption in government." She hands the datapad back over. "This is quite literally for a grade."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: corruption!

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 pm

"Corruption in government???!!!" yells Monty, as he feigns disbelief! "I'm shocked!" (Again, feigning disbelief.)

"YA HEAR THAT BOYS!!! THERE'S CORRUPTION ON CORUSCANT!" says Monty in a mocking tone as he turns his head and yells back to the speeder.

"Listen, miss student-lady, we're soldiers put here on Coruscant to pass the time until there is a battle to join. We're not even authentic law officials on this planet. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing to see the General mixed up in some type of corruption, but soldiers get mixed up in stuff when they have free time and no battles to fight."

"Robbing THE Bank of Coruscant??? It'd take an armada of ships and an army of soldiers to do that. Like my boys have said, we've heard of the General getting his hands dirty, perhaps even in murder based on today's events, but what you're saying is hard to believe."

"When is all of this going to occur, then?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:41 pm

"So, I don't really know when they'll hit the bank… yet," the Devaronian woman says. She leans forward and points to Peppard. "But even if you're fine just sitting by and letting all this corruption fester and rot the galaxy, I'm not. I don't have that luxury. For me, this is personal…"

She trails off a moment, then points her thumb to her chest. "You should check the datapad again. Hell Loco's name is listed right there. This should be personal for you, too." Then, leaning back on the hood of her speeder, she says, "Unless you don't care about this general dragging you into his scheme."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:46 pm

A lithe, blonde, rather attractive woman, finally exits the speeder to join the rest of the team. "'Women drivers', Monty?", Anjali asks scathingly, "Don't forget there are other females here, on whom you rely quite heavily." Anjali looks back at Alamy, and then down at the datapad that Anjali is holding and already typing on. "That said, I think she may be on to something. I'm attempting to cross check her references now."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 pm

" Perhaps we should continue this discussion once we are sure the shooter is gone and not coming back?" Hell says as he moves his head to scan the buildings in an obvious manner his tongue out and lifting up and down slowly. " I can taste any signs of the shooter. Did you see where he went AAA"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm

She shakes her head and points. "I just saw him go off in that direction. But this is Coruscant. He could be anywhere by now." AAA looks down at the datapad and swipes through it. "I did intercept something, though…"

She plays the audio file: "Hey, this is Sixxkiller, I need to get a message to the Admiral. Tell him that the job is done. There is no way that bunch of kowakian monkey lizards will have the guts to follow me now."

"Um… but I barely passed Acoustical Forensics 102, and I don't really remember how to analyze the ambient noise on a file to figure out where the speaker was when he commed out…"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 pm

"Listen Triple-A, the information you provided is compelling in some ways. but we've all been called in back to base. What say you follow us back in and when our shift ends we can discuss this more?

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm

"I wouldn't mind putting my boss in the sack either
He starts a sinister laugh.
sorry, forgot I'm not a crime lord

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:06 am

AAA puts the datapad back into her jacket pocket and says, "Works for me. I'll follow you." She chuckles. "I hear I'm illegally parked anyway."

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 pm

The team arrives back at base just in time for the late shift to start. The captain and general are no where to be found. Looks like they will have to wait for their browbeating until the day shift returns. A nasty note was left on Commander Peppard's desk.

Squad WTF,
You are to stand down immediately. DO NOT INVESTIGATE THE ASSASINATION OF JITON TYRN. There is no substance to the claims that the Bank of Coruscant will be robbed. Your next assignment: Patrol Sector 439. The Justicar's are unlawfully attacking residence. Get them in line. Or ELSE!

<signed> Captain Reder

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

" Sector 439, they have this great Gamorrean strip club. The musics jamming. Dancers are jiggling and the best slop between sectors 438 and 440." Hell says in an excited tone before backing it down a notch "or so I've heard at least

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Monty exits the office and addresses the squad, "Well, looks like Captain Reder want us to nix the investigation into the shootings this evening, disregard the bank robbery info as erroneous, and go round up some Justicars tomorrow. Wait....how did HE know we had heard about a bank robbery? Triple-A, did you tell anyone else about this? Did any of you phone that info in yet? I mean, I hadn't even filed a report yet."

"We'll be going to that particular sector tomorrow morning. I believe the Captain's note reads Sector 943, Hell. Sorry to burst your bubble."
says Monty with a wink and a grin. With that, he rolls up the note and uses it to light his cigar.
Spoiler:
He has "misread" the Captain's note which says 439. "Looks like 943 to me!" The others (Hell) don't see the note, BTW. And 943 is where Syr’esh Sixxkiller was supposed to be hanging out.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Monty didn't make the connection that the residence that Justicar's are "unlawfully" attacking are actually prominent members of the Black Sun. Favors are running deep in Coruscant.
Spoiler:
Result of the knowledge fail.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 pm

AAA glances around the office. "You lot work in this dump? All the koovy Government Studies majors said this kind of work paid better. Or maybe that's just lobbying. But that Gamorrean place sounds fun." Then, to Peppard, "And no, I came to find you as soon as I got the scoop on the robbery. Like I said, your general is rotten as they come."

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 am

Ill pack the bags for our assignment.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 pm
Then, to Peppard, "And no, I came to find you as soon as I got the scoop on the robbery. Like I said, your general is rotten as they come."
"Yeah, you mentioned that (about the General). I heard some other things myself. Hopefully we can find some corroborating evidence. Right now, I am think of who we might contact to assist us in this when we have a little more evidence....or a live witness. I mean, a General is pretty high-up. Not many citizens on Coruscant are on-par with a General when it comes to clout."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:09 am

SavageBob wrote:
AAA glances around the office. "You lot work in this dump? All the koovy Government Studies majors said this kind of work paid better. Or maybe that's just lobbying. But that Gamorrean place sounds fun."
"Yeah, it never grows on you, trust me.", Anjali replies with a smirk.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:10 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 am
SavageBob wrote:
Then, to Peppard, "And no, I came to find you as soon as I got the scoop on the robbery. Like I said, your general is rotten as they come."
"Yeah, you mentioned that (about the General). I heard some other things myself. Hopefully we can find some corroborating evidence. Right now, I am think of who we might contact to assist us in this when we have a little more evidence....or a live witness. I mean, a General is pretty high-up. Not many citizens on Coruscant are on-par with a General when it comes to clout."
Anjali makes a derisive snort. "'Contact to assist us'? Good luck with that on this planet. Who is going to just willingly help us out of the kindness of their heart? If we need help from someone, it's going to have to be bought and paid for, or we'll need some other kind of leverage."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:38 am

"So… This Sixxkiller guy? The holotap I set up made it seem like they were connected. We could try to reactivate the tap. Or you said you know where he is?"

Return to “The Story”