IC: "Kintan Terrarum" ("Lands of Kintan")

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: "Kintan Terrarum" ("Lands of Kintan")

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:16 am

Flamiel wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 11:06 pm
Anjali's blazing lightsaber finds its mark and cuts into the vile things, severing bodies.
Anjali's saber slices two sand worms entirely in half. This leaves just a few (3-4 you suspect) damaged sand worms left. One good swing of the blade could relieve us of their presence. @Doctor Who

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:51 am

BA rushes as the last few Sandworms.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Attack with an axe:
1 Success, 4 Advantages, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

4 base damage + 3 from vibroaxe + 1 success for a total of 8; the weapon has Pierce 2. Spending Triump to crit to make sure this thing dies. Double crit if necessary.

2 strain to upgrade twice with frenzied attack, total of 4 strain
1 current wound taken.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:39 pm

The sound of combat did not go unnoticed by those beyond the ruins. A group of humanoids (4-6) are cresting a nearby hilltop. To an average spacefarer, the people dressed in desert garb and head wraps may be indicative of the infamous Tusken Raiders of Tatooine. But given the context of the situation and the tiny points on the head garb caused by horns on their head, these are evidently desert-dwelling Red Nikto. One in the forefront speaks in Nikto towards the obvious Nikto in the group, Sai (BA).

"Who are you and why do you walk treacherously amongst a nest of Wonnakan?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:22 pm

"We're lookin' for help, trackin' down some Sith activity in the area." BA sheepishly rubs the back of his head, "But I'd forgotten how dangerous this area could be"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:13 pm

Anjali extinguishes and stows her lightsaber.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:58 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:22 pm
"We're lookin' for help, trackin' down some Sith activity in the area." BA sheepishly rubs the back of his head, "But I'd forgotten how dangerous this area could be"
"SITH???!!! You'll have no problem finding Sith HERE, my friend!!! The are like a plague! And how do I know YOU are my FRIEND???" a male voice says pointedly at Sai (BA).
Spoiler:
Time to explain who you are, BA.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:38 am

BA gives the other Nikto a brief explanation, although avoiding most personal details, of why he and the others have come to Kintan.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:43 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:38 am
BA gives the other Nikto a brief explanation, although avoiding most personal details, of why he and the others have come to Kintan.
"A fine story!!" the leading Nikto says mockingly."And I am sure it is YOU and your allies who will rid Kintan of the Sith? Hrumphf!!!!"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:10 pm

BA laughs back that the leader. "We ain't here because we think we can win on our own. But hittin' em where it hurts is important, especial with what they're plannin'!" BA gestures back at the group, "We want to stop the Sith bastards for what they're tryin', and I know we Nikto want more than anyone to hit back at 'em after what they did to us. We don't gotta full revolt, we just gotta make it not worth their time to continue."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:38 pm

"Your desire is a noble one. But you are not from here. The Sith have tormented us for a long time. I look forward to the day when they are gone."

"You are Nikto and you fight well, as I have seen. You are no enemy. You want to hunt Sith? What do you propose we do?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:23 am

BA will turn to his allies. He had basically hit the edge of his ability to convince someone to see his way.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:34 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:23 am
BA will turn to his allies. He had basically hit the edge of his ability to convince someone to see his way.
"Listen...." says Commander Peppard. "I am Commander Montgomery Peppard, formerly of the Army of the Republic. We were wrongfully imprisoned by corrupt officers in our midst and spent time in prison. Since our escape, we attempt to do good for those who would be in need. We have track a nefarious Sith and his doctor accomplice here to Kintan. They experiment on Nikto and Humans, alike. Placing strange mind-control implants behind their necks to make them do their bidding. We mean to find them and put a stop to it once and for all."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:35 pm

What a roll!!!!

Monty; A-Squad; Diplomacy (Leadership) Roll vs Nikto Leader using a DP:
5 Successes, 5 Advantages, 1 Despair, , 2 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:40 pm

The Leader Nikto nods his head in approval. "You speak honestly and truthful. I find no deceit in you. We will help guide you in your......"
5 Succ, 5 Advs.

His words break off mid-sentence as it appears as though THE SITH HAVE FOUND US FIRST!!!!

DESPAIR!!! = Image

"THEY HAVE FOUND US!!!!"

The humming drone of repulsor engines can be heard through the valley.
(5 Advantages = everyone can take one free maneuver before Initiative)

Return to “The Story”